over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anadrol and Insulin Sensitivity

DrivingForward

Registered
I was searching on Pubmed for information on Anadrol and liver toxicity-- instead I accidentally found this study:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19356374
Performed by Department of Pharmacy, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok

In a double blind study, patients were given 50mg of Anadrol 2x a day for 24 weeks to measure the effect on hemodialysis patients (odd they would use something like anadrol on people who need dialysis!)

What they found was that Insulin Resistance of these people was significantly improved! Also these patients experienced significant loss of bodyfat mass. Of course as expected with Anadrol, they increased lean bodymass 3.24kg +/- 1.74kg, without weight training or high protein diet.

5kg in someone who doesnt train, has significant health problems, and without a weight lifter diet? Thats 11lb of lean bodymass... Pretty impressive no?

I wish there was more information listed about their liver values, and their need for dialysis, etc..

Ok anadrol is known for most of it's gains being water, but this article says the patient gained almost 12 lbs of LBM without even training??? Now I could see 12 lbs of water, but how do you gain muscle without eating properly or even touching a weight?!?! Seem weird to anyone else? I'm guessing they meant total weight gained versus LBM gained.

anadrol was originally used to treat animia due to its effect on red blood cell production.

Dialysis the process of filtering the blood in an external machine damages red blood cells(used to treat kidney failure or to prevent kidney failure, in a case such as tissue necrosis), so anadrol in this context would be used to get red blood cell production up to compensate for this.

D-bol is known for its water weight much more so than anadrol, due to d-bol being a testosterone derivative that converts to estrogen, while anadrol is a dht derivative that does not axiomatize. DHT derivatives are not known to pack on water. eg. anavar winstrol primo masteron proviron anadrol...

Also many studies have shown that no training with steroids, results in a greater amount of muscle mass, than training without steroids, yes you got that right a steroid using couch patato will have more muscle mass than a guy that trains 4 5 times a week in a gym! Dont for get 1 of the primary uses of steroids is to treat wasting diseases, so when a bed ridden patient gains 40 pounds on steroids in bed at doctor doses, it shouldnt be surprising that a healthy couch patato would benifit, and that they actually get bigger than someone training without using... steroids do work after all :p

Last edited:
Ok anadrol is known for most of it's gains being water, but this article says the patient gained almost 12 lbs of LBM without even training??? Now I could see 12 lbs of water, but how do you gain muscle without eating properly or even touching a weight?!?! Seem weird to anyone else? I'm guessing they meant total weight gained versus LBM gained.

12lbs gained w/o training using 100mg of Anadrol a day isn't unfathomable.

It was LBM as stated in the study. They used dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry to determine body composition -- which would have indicated if the weight was simply water retention.

Last edited:
12lbs gained w/o training using 100mg of Anadrol a day isn't unfathomable.

It was LBM as stated in the study. They used dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry was used to determine body composition -- which would have indicated if the weight was simply water retention.

Maybe not to you, but 12 lbs is a lot of muscle especially with no training. I'm not saying it's not possible it's just hard for me to believe.

Maybe not to you, but 12 lbs is a lot of muscle especially with no training. I'm not saying it's not possible it's just hard for me to believe.

There was a study with testosterone that showed test with no training caused way more muscle gain than training without the test. The average lbm gain was also about 10-12lbs over 12 weeks.

Another study with subjects lying in a position with the head tilted slightly down for a month while being administered 50mcg of T3 (to increase catabolism I guess) plus 200mg of test a week and it made them gain 4-5lbs of lbm. Being totally immobile for a month and gaining muscle on such a paltry steroid dose!

Drugs are great, no doubt about it.

Last edited:
Also many studies have shown that no training with steroids, results in a greater amount of muscle mass, than training without steroids, yes you got that right a steroid using couch patato will have more muscle mass than a guy that trains 4 5 times a week in a gym! Dont for get 1 of the primary uses of steroids is to treat wasting diseases, so when a bed ridden patient gains 40 pounds on steroids in bed at doctor doses, it shouldnt be surprising that a healthy couch patato would benifit, and that they actually get bigger than someone training without using... steroids do work after all :p

Is this why Ronnie,Kevin would take months off? Kinda makes alot of sense. I thought there would be much more take about this.

Last edited:

Its a big gain for a trained and fit athlete. Its not such a hard gain for someone whos never weight trained.. Remember the results of your first cycle?

I find it interesting that in these medical studies, they run Anadrol for extremely long periods of time.

Do you ever see people on bodybuilding forums recommending 100mg of Anadrol for 24 weeks? I see a lot of "4 weeks max, bro".

Jimmy the bull said he ran 200mg of a50 for two years straight, lol

Get your blood work every 4 weeks and see how things look (Big A did this). If they're good, then continue...if not, then cut back!

Anadrol is one of the most overrated steroids for toxicity ever, probably the most. I printed off 10-15 medical studies from work where everyone from women to kids to men were administered anywhere between 50 and 250mg for 6-24 months for anemia back in the 60's-80's. I know a few lifters who have run 100-150mg for 6 months at a time with no severe issues as well

Anadrol is one of the most overrated steroids for toxicity ever, probably the most. I printed off 10-15 medical studies from work where everyone from women to kids to men were administered anywhere between 50 and 250mg for 6-24 months for anemia back in the 60's-80's. I know a few lifters who have run 100-150mg for 6 months at a time with no severe issues as well

yes sir , anadrol was made for all genders, adults and children, at much higher doses and longer durations than bodybuilders. The minimum recommended treatment length is 6 months ! For a 200 lb man the dose could be as high as 400 mg

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws