over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

White Roughy....This stuff is great!

Alex A

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Ever heard of it? the only place i have seen it is at Trader Joes.

Funny thing is that it comes in this orange bag and contains 1lb filets of some of the best fish meat i have ever eaten

1lb is $5...... and has been that price for over 5 years.

Thats not a bad price at all...

personally, i go through moods were i dont eat fish for months at a time.. and some of my preps... i eat zero fish because it usually doesnt fill me up enough.

But White Roughy has been one of my favorites by far.. Its very similar to Orange roughy... but you dont get the after effects that Orange Roughy gives you if you know what i mean.

My suggestion is to add lemon or lime juice to some foil, then throw the filets on ... add a ton of ms dash.. and bbq nice and golden..

The best is to get the bottom kinda crispy... 1lb cooks down to about 11-12oz..

They sell it down here a good bit and your right it is pretty cheap considering. I cook it almost exactly like you do but generaly bake it in the oven rather than the grill with foil,

Question , when you weigh out your meat do you calculate the protein thesame after its cooked as you do raw?

For instance , if say raw chicken breast has 33g of protein for 4 oz do you count that breast as 33g if it cooks down to 3 oz

I'm sure that the meat doesen't loose any protein from cooking only fluid that reduces weight , so technicaly 12oz of cooked chicken would have more protein than 12 oz of raw correct?

Just figured I'd ask that on the open forum as I can't be the only dumb ass wondering that

They sell it down here a good bit and your right it is pretty cheap considering. I cook it almost exactly like you do but generaly bake it in the oven rather than the grill with foil,

Question , when you weigh out your meat do you calculate the protein thesame after its cooked as you do raw?

For instance , if say raw chicken breast has 33g of protein for 4 oz do you count that breast as 33g if it cooks down to 3 oz

I'm sure that the meat doesen't loose any protein from cooking only fluid that reduces weight , so technicaly 12oz of cooked chicken would have more protein than 12 oz of raw correct?

Just figured I'd ask that on the open forum as I can't be the only dumb ass wondering that

I sent you a long rambling PM ...

I usally don't eat much fish, but we have been lately buying fish over at Costco. I know you are trying to keep your fats low, but I love Salmon.

I'll try to get some white roughy this weekend. I get the large bag of Orange Roughy from Costco and now I know why they call it "Orange" .

I bought a huge Swordfish steak at Trader Joes a while back just to try it and it was actually pretty good, fresh...

I love orange roughy, haven't had white roughy. The only reason I stay clear of purchasing orange roughy regularly is due to its impending extinction. The rate at which these fish reproduce is sooo much lower than the rate at which we are consuming them. Its sad really....

Protein is not from the fluid or blood. You would mulitiply the number of ounces by 7 after you have cooked the chicken.

How much the chicken shrinks depends on cooking method and moisture content. For example, 100g of RAW chick is ~22 g protein. However, if you're measuring AFTER cooking, 170 g of RAW chicken cooks down to about 100 g COOKED. This is why it's necessary to measure afterwards. So 100 g COOKED, is 150 cals, and just over 30 g. protein.~

More information on protein content of foods visit FitDay - Free Weight Loss and Diet Journal
That's where I go

Does Cooked Food Contain Less Nutrition??

Raw and Living Foods are foods that contain enzymes. In general, the act of heating food over 116 degrees F destroys enzymes in food. (Enzymes start to degrade in as little as 106 degrees F). All cooked food is devoid of enzymes, furthermore cooking food changes the molecular structure of the food and renders it toxic. Living and raw foods also have enormously higher nutrient values than the foods that have been cooked.

This is Orange Roughy Portion Control and Calories Example:

Nutrition Highlights:
Orange roughy (cooked, dry heat), 3 oz. (84.9g)
Calories: 75.6
Protein: 16g
Carbohydrate: 0.0g
Total Fat: 0.76g
Fiber: 0.0g

Let's just say, you want to eat 250 grams of Orange Roughy uncooked, that would work out approx 48 grams of Protein.

Last edited:
Alex or Gunsmith, could you share that info with the rest of us? BTW Alex, thanks for the heads up on this. Picked some up today.

sure thing man..

Big Chef is the man! A PROFESSIONAL CHEF and bodybuilder... he can make any food tast great and stay healthy..

not trying to keep you too busy bro. ( Big Chef) . but talk to the chef about custom recipes on this stuff or anything.. he knows what hes doing and is cool enough to take the time to share !

Alex

Hi, hope you are well...I never heard of that fish either, but I will try it...I don't do alot of fish, but when I do its usually cod, or talapia...which is good...and cod isnt very expensive.

Good post Alex..

Big Chef love your post too:)

Ever heard of it? the only place i have seen it is at Trader Joes.

Funny thing is that it comes in this orange bag and contains 1lb filets of some of the best fish meat i have ever eaten

1lb is $5...... and has been that price for over 5 years.

Thats not a bad price at all...

personally, i go through moods were i dont eat fish for months at a time.. and some of my preps... i eat zero fish because it usually doesnt fill me up enough.

But White Roughy has been one of my favorites by far.. Its very similar to Orange roughy... but you dont get the after effects that Orange Roughy gives you if you know what i mean.

My suggestion is to add lemon or lime juice to some foil, then throw the filets on ... add a ton of ms dash.. and bbq nice and golden..

The best is to get the bottom kinda crispy... 1lb cooks down to about 11-12oz..

Does this have a strong fishy taste too it or is it a mild flavor?

sure thing man..

Big Chef is the man! A PROFESSIONAL CHEF and bodybuilder... he can make any food tast great and stay healthy..

not trying to keep you too busy bro. ( Big Chef) . but talk to the chef about custom recipes on this stuff or anything.. he knows what hes doing and is cool enough to take the time to share !

My pleasure Bro. I love to be busy :) Keep myself active and going....

Hi, hope you are well...I never heard of that fish either, but I will try it...I don't do alot of fish, but when I do its usually cod, or talapia...which is good...and cod isnt very expensive.

Good post Alex..

Big Chef love your post too:)

Thank you Marilyn :)

Towelie, I wouldnt buy it from Online. Best to go to your local Seafood Shop and buy Fresh Fish. Fresh is better than Frozen! Much easier to weigh into portion while it is fresh and then freeze it. When you buy frozen fish and you wanted to weigh it, you cant freeze it twice.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws