over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What can I cooke and freeze for reheating

ryanmercer

Registered
So by the time I get home from work, most of the time I just don't feel like cooking. What are good things I can cook and freeze in individual portions for reheating in the microwave? Or even cook that'll keep in the fridge for 3-5 days?

I know I can cook chicken and it'll keep 2-3 days in the fridge... but I'm really drawing a blank on stuff here.

First, basically no beef. It really kills it to reheat it or nuke it.

Possible exception would be to undercook burgers than let the micro finish them when you want them.

Raw fish in the micro cooks quickly, so you may want to try that.

Steamed Shrimp could be thawed gently in the micro and aren't bad lukewarm or even cold.

Ham seems to do well reheated.

Chicken is in fact one of the best to nuke -- I know, we get sick of it.

If you like your steaks rare or medium rare, they don't take that long to cook anyway.

Most vegetables are fine nuked, either reheating or cooking the first time.

If you slice your meat thin, it will cook quickly. Try just using a skillet with some olive oil, sliced beef, a few onions, some broccoli -- boom, in as long as it would take you to get it out of the freezer, get in a bowl and nuke it, you could have a nice hot fresh meal.

Depending on your macros, you can try stir-fry with chicken or beef. Like Bill said, beef sucks to cook in the micro, so I put it in dishes like chili or some lean enchilladas. I also make a lot of jerkey on the dehydrator just cause it is super easy to take on the run.

Depending on your macros, you can try stir-fry with chicken or beef. Like Bill said, beef sucks to cook in the micro, so I put it in dishes like chili or some lean enchilladas. I also make a lot of jerkey on the dehydrator just cause it is super easy to take on the run.

Oooh I'm going to have to buy a dehydrator on payday! Any recommendation on a brand?

Yea, look up the STX Dehydra on Ebay. I think there is only one guy that sells them. They are very similar to the popular Excalibur dehydrators, but less expensive. He has a great warranty an excellent customer service. Mine had a problem with the digital display and he sent me a new one before I sent the old one back.

Ryan, if you get the one with the yogurt blank you can make your own yogurt in there to. Nice to make a gallon of organic yogurt for the cost of a gallon of milk.

I just cook and freeze mostly chicken,rice,and pasta. And for snacks I throw in some rasberries or nuts into Greek double protein yogurt and freeze it and now I have ice cream;)

Yea, look up the STX Dehydra on Ebay. I think there is only one guy that sells them. They are very similar to the popular Excalibur dehydrators, but less expensive. He has a great warranty an excellent customer service. Mine had a problem with the digital display and he sent me a new one before I sent the old one back.

Cool I"ll check that out

Oooh I'm going to have to buy a dehydrator on payday! Any recommendation on a brand?

Kill yourself a deer and have a meat cutter make you some jerky! Mmm best jerky in the world! Easy to pack is right.

Other than that I re heat lean ground turkey a lot. Its not so dry. Also Pork tenderloins are really good re heated, and they are lean. Hormel makes a good cut.

Cool I"ll check that out

Love mine. I got the big one. I can make about 15 lbs of jerky on it. I also make 2 gallons of yogurt a week in it.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rpsly
NapsGear