over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

mk-677 and PTSD symptoms

milktrout

Registered
I read several articles recently, one being by the great Dat BE Tru...showing how prolonged use of MK-677 can cause PTSD symptoms and damage. However, some of the other articles sited the cause of this as prolonged release of extra cortisol. From what i have seen on several sites, is cortisol is only increased the first 2 weeks or so of use, then tapers off. I have been on MK for a while, and recently got diagnosed with severe ptsd,depression, and anxiety. However, this was due to decades of job related trauma. I just want to make sure I am not exacerbating my symptoms. Any new science out there anyone has seen to either debunk or prove any of this?

I don’t think it’s been out long enough (well used) by bodybuilding members in this community to determine a solid result.

As always any substance used should be used in moderation and also cycled on and off.

I read several articles recently, one being by the great Dat BE Tru...showing how prolonged use of MK-677 can cause PTSD symptoms and damage. However, some of the other articles sited the cause of this as prolonged release of extra cortisol. From what i have seen on several sites, is cortisol is only increased the first 2 weeks or so of use, then tapers off. I have been on MK for a while, and recently got diagnosed with severe ptsd,depression, and anxiety. However, this was due to decades of job related trauma. I just want to make sure I am not exacerbating my symptoms. Any new science out there anyone has seen to either debunk or prove any of this?

If you read between the lines if Dat's article, you will not only see it is complete shit, but that nowhere does it say that MK actually causes that problem. The study has been misrepresented to imply something it doesn't. There is also an agenda behind this article, but I've spoken about this before and don't feel like getting back into it. However, I understand how someone who isn't aware of these things could be misled by this.

Thanks for the insight. I see a lot of peeps on here hold Dat's postings to be kind of gospel. Also, my PTSD keeps me from sleeping...the Mk helps that a bit, to fall asleep. Just got 3 bottles and then read around and was panicked. Im sure we all have trouble at times determining bro science form the real thing. Sure, some is easy, but others laden with "science facts" can be hard to decipher. The link that i posted also had some insights about ghrelin mimetics which stated the same thing, which Is i am guessing the study he based this off of. I have been researching my supplements lately, to see if things i take are helping or making things worse, and that came up. The huperazine A i take is shown to IMPROVE PTSD by the way. However, the dose for that is 600mcg per day, I take 200 to help the Mk. At 300mcg I got horribly sick- like food poisoning, barfing, stomach cramps all day- for about 12 hours, then felt fine. The next day I took the dose again and an hour later the same. So back to 200mcg for me.

Thanks for the insight. I see a lot of peeps on here hold Dat's postings to be kind of gospel. Also, my PTSD keeps me from sleeping...the Mk helps that a bit, to fall asleep. Just got 3 bottles and then read around and was panicked. Im sure we all have trouble at times determining bro science form the real thing. Sure, some is easy, but others laden with "science facts" can be hard to decipher. The link that i posted also had some insights about ghrelin mimetics which stated the same thing, which Is i am guessing the study he based this off of. I have been researching my supplements lately, to see if things i take are helping or making things worse, and that came up. The huperazine A i take is shown to IMPROVE PTSD by the way. However, the dose for that is 600mcg per day, I take 200 to help the Mk. At 300mcg I got horribly sick- like food poisoning, barfing, stomach cramps all day- for about 12 hours, then felt fine. The next day I took the dose again and an hour later the same. So back to 200mcg for me.

Here' the bottom line of the study. Certain aspects of MK could POSSIBLY increase fear learning (i.e. make you more afraid of something), which could then possibly lead to increased anxiety. MK doesn't just increase anxiety...and that is what the article falsely tried to portray.

First of all, having the potential to increase fear learning doesn't mean it necessarily will. Secondly, you would actually have to become more "afraid" of something before experiencing increased anxiety even becomes a possibility, so if you take MK and aren't any more afraid than you were previously, it won't cause anxiety.

The ONLY people (and there has only been two that I am aware of, and I am on multiple large boards) that have expressed any possibility that MK might be doing this to them are people whose lives were falling apart. They were going through horrible life circumstances...read the article...and then got worried that MK might be a partial cause of their anxiety.

Clearly, the fact that these two people's lives were in total disarray should automatically disqualify their experience, not because it doesn't mean anything, but because MK has now been used by literally 1,000's and 1,000's of people over a decade...and I have never seen ANYONE report anything like this until this article came out...and it was only two people (mentioned above). Obviously, if many 1,000's of people have used something over many years without any of these issues occurring, I would say that MK is pretty safe in this regard. The pharm companies seem to agree, as MK is not only being evaluated for script drug status here in the U.S., but it's sister drug has already achieved it in Europe. Clinical trials noted no such side effects.

PTSD is from an life event or events....cant see a sarm causing it hmmm

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity