over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Gyms in Buffalo

jesterthefester

Newbies
Hi all

I am relocating to Buffalo for work in January and would like a heads up of gyms to train for competative bodybuilders.

thanks for any advice.

JTF

GOOD LUCK IF YOU EVEN REAch it to work.. worst snow n ice season of the year... I lived in rochester and buffalo... don't here about the gym to much at all

Gold's

Gold's is good. 2 locations in suburbs. One in Williamsville and the other in Lancaster. Also in the Village of Kenmore is Fitness Factory.

Buffalo gyms

Contact the people running this show they should be able to fill you in on the scene... I think there is an local NPC show there as well... There is a gym in Buffalo called Nex Muscle..that is a serious training facility from what I have heard.

http://www.northernstatessupernatural.com/

I go to BAC. The most equipment, locations, and hottest babes by far.

Gold's is good. 2 locations in suburbs. One in Williamsville and the other in Lancaster. Also in the Village of Kenmore is Fitness Factory.

Fitness Factory is alot of old school weights, and the locker room is a dump I hear. I'm about a mile from it. Everybody says that's where all the juicers go. :D

GOOD LUCK IF YOU EVEN REAch it to work.. worst snow n ice season of the year... I lived in rochester and buffalo... don't here about the gym to much at all

The snow is way overrated. That's mainly in the south towns and Rochester gets more. We don't get as much in the city and suburbs.

Most of the competitive bodybuilders are at Golds's in Wiliamsville or Fitness Factory. Most of the powerlifters train at Univ Buffalo or Tonawanda Aquatics Center. There are quite a few gyms and like was previosly said BAC and also Best Fitness have a huge amount of equipment and weights, but not hardcore at all. They almost discourage bodybuilding and powerlifting. Fitness Factory and also Steel mill Gym are old school with plenty of free weights, loud music just more of a lifters gym..

Most of the competitive bodybuilders are at Golds's in Wiliamsville or Fitness Factory. Most of the powerlifters train at Univ Buffalo or Tonawanda Aquatics Center. There are quite a few gyms and like was previosly said BAC and also Best Fitness have a huge amount of equipment and weights, but not hardcore at all. They almost discourage bodybuilding and powerlifting. Fitness Factory and also Steel mill Gym are old school with plenty of free weights, loud music just more of a lifters gym..

BAC not hardcore? They have all the free weights you need,new leg presses, power racks, Hammer Strength and all new Nautilus equipment. Their cardio room is huge with every machine made for cardio. I go to Boulevard, they just updated things not too long ago and Eastern Hills just sank over 1M worth of updates.Nothing else compares in WNY. They have a few locations and you even have access to the RAC(same owners) in Rochester.

I was at Aquatic Center, they have a small weight room with a little bit of free weights. Fitness Factory is all old free weights. He doesn't have much for machines. It is more hardcore though if you like that style with loud music.

Last edited:
I`m right across the border from Buffalo in Fort Erie,Canada. 5 minutes from the Peace Bridge is Abzsolute Fitness,77 Jarvis St. There are a few guys training there from the States.Small gym,lots of free weights,Hammerstrength ect. good people,good atmosphere.The owner is great.

Last edited:

I agree, Best fitness and Bally's are targeted mainly towards casual gym goers. You don't see many people putting more then 405 on the bar. There are actually signs at best fitness that say "powerlifters, bodybuilders, weightlifters and others who engage in anti-social behavior go else"... lame, membership is cheap though.

I agree, Best fitness and Bally's are targeted mainly towards casual gym goers. You don't see many people putting more then 405 on the bar. There are actually signs at best fitness that say "powerlifters, bodybuilders, weightlifters and others who engage in anti-social behavior go else"... lame, membership is cheap though.

I'm right around the corner from Best at BAC. I heard Best is small with not much equipment. I'm locked in at $300 a year with the Preferred Membership, can't beat it.

Best Fitness is shitty, I have used a few of their facilities. All they care about is sales. Terrible ownership and management.

BAC not hardcore? They have all the free weights you need,new leg presses, power racks, Hammer Strength and all new Nautilus equipment. Their cardio room is huge with every machine made for cardio. I go to Boulevard, they just updated things not too long ago and Eastern Hills just sank over 1M worth of updates.Nothing else compares in WNY. They have a few locations and you even have access to the RAC(same owners) in Rochester.

I was at Aquatic Center, they have a small weight room with a little bit of free weights. Fitness Factory is all old free weights. He doesn't have much for machines. It is more hardcore though if you like that style with loud music.

BAC has tons of equipment. By not being hardcore , I mean the attitude of the place. I guess it's better then most gyms in the area. They just tend not to accept us powerlifters. No chalk, chains , boards. Also they don't have a deadlift platform or a decent power rack.. The acuatic center has less equipment, but they tolerate us. We also just brought in a new power bench with lift off platform. The aquatic center has more 4 and 500 pound benchers then most gyms that I can think of... I guess it just depends on what your looking for.

BAC has tons of equipment. By not being hardcore , I mean the attitude of the place. I guess it's better then most gyms in the area. They just tend not to accept us powerlifters. No chalk, chains , boards. Also they don't have a deadlift platform or a decent power rack.. The acuatic center has less equipment, but they tolerate us. We also just brought in a new power bench with lift off platform. The aquatic center has more 4 and 500 pound benchers then most gyms that I can think of... I guess it just depends on what your looking for.

They got got two new Hammer Strength power racks. The one powerlifter goes there that has the state record in his class. Mass... They also have a platform there for deadlifts. I see the chalk also, when's the last time you been to boulevard?

Is Tom S. and big Mike still at the Aquatic Center? I always had to wait around there for a bench and the cardio equipment. Do they still have a 20min limit on the machines? IMO there is no comparison to the two clubs. Who really cares if there is guys lifting 500lbs?

They got got two new Hammer Strength power racks. The one powerlifter goes there that has the state record in his class. Mass... They also have a platform there for deadlifts. I see the chalk also, when's the last time you been to boulevard?

Is Tom S. and big Mike still at the Aquatic Center? I always had to wait around there for a bench and the cardio equipment. Do they still have a 20min limit on the machines? IMO there is no comparison to the two clubs. Who really cares if there is guys lifting 500lbs?

I was there last year. They had a platform for stiff leg deads, but not to pull off the floor. Also for rack deadlifts the racks didn't adjust enough. No big deal for body building, but I guess we just need some specialized stuff. Big Mike is retired, but I train with Tom S. Do I know you? Send me a PM.. I have been around awhile. We have probably met at some point!

I was there last year. They had a platform for stiff leg deads, but not to pull off the floor. Also for rack deadlifts the racks didn't adjust enough. No big deal for body building, but I guess we just need some specialized stuff. Big Mike is retired, but I train with Tom S. Do I know you? Send me a PM.. I have been around awhile. We have probably met at some point!

I see the one old guy that squats and deads all that weight there. he comes into BAC every now and then. He showed me the trick of loading the bar for deadlifts. The fist plate on one side is a 45 and then you use 35's. Loads on and off no problem.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear