over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What happened with antoine vaillant?

lntense

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I know his potential and expected him to come in much better than this.

JEB_8399_TJMCXHNASM.jpg

Did he not follow his prep? Because I've seen meadows work and this isnt it. I heard he was travelling a lot with animal so maybe that could be why.

This is the first picture i've seen of him and was surprised seeing his placing. After seeing this though i can understand, looks off season condition at best from this shot. His pics leading up to the comp looked dry and solid, not sure what happened? Was really rooting for him to get top 5. With Ramy and the others i really didn't see him placing higher than 5th but damn...

I am huge Antoine fan... but he looks like he's ready to guest pose at a regional show...

I guess anything can happen in the final few weeks. At least he knows now what NOT to do for his next show

Antoine and Ced, Ced literally kills him in every pose. They both look like they're still holding a ton of water which clearly explains their placings but i think a lot of people were thinking these two would come in much better than this.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlsI8UYeoMY]NY Pro Prejudging 2013 Cedric Mcmillan & Antoine Vaillant - YouTube[/ame]

Most recent vid i can find of Antoine, 7 weeks out training in Germany. Actually looks like he's lost size here in his arms/delts from what he normally looks like especially this close to a comp. Not sure what has happened?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhFFEwbw1Nc]Antoine Vaillant ?????? ??????? Chest Training 7 Weeks Out from NY Pro 2013 - YouTube[/ame]

I should at least post the other poses

vrDmggj.jpg

IJLd5rm.jpg

You can see that the first picture is a BAD picture and these arent THAT bad, but still. I would have expected him to come in looking wayyy better. Not sure what was up with the granny trunks either.

Last edited:
Not really a fair comparison Cedric vs Antoine.

Cedric is the 2012 NY Pro winner vs some little guy from Canada.
Cedric bombed granted, but still can sweep the floor with him.

Anyone going to jump in and say "overtraining"?
In for some drama.

The best pose you missed...
g9eFIX6.jpg

Also, I thought I should add. Antoine is about a million times better than me, so I'm complaining purely as a fan of the sport -- I cannot do better at this point.

Last edited:
What is with his trunks? Looks like full on granny panties... I have never seen a pro wear trunks with full butt coverage.

maybe the whole Universal throwback thing has really gotten to him

He is just flat and holding water happens to the top guys sometimes as well lol to its hard to even know why the way your body reacts sometimes he has got a great body nice shape.

He is just flat and holding water happens to the top guys sometimes as well lol to its hard to even know why the way your body reacts sometimes he has got a great body nice shape.

Took the words out my mouth. He's flat and smooth here but the kid has NICE shape and potential when he gets it all dialed in,,,LOOK OUT!

I really have no idea what happened to him but those trucks are HORRRRIBLE.

A friend of mine is friends with Mike Johnson and had a conversation with him before prejudging....he even mentioned that "Antoine knows he's fucked and was almost in tears backstage." I'm not sure if it was a carb up/dry out problem or a diuretic problem but he just mentioned that he was obviously frustrated that he wasn't coming in at 100%....

I do think he has a lot of potential...i just don't want him to end up like a Zack Khan type "personality." He already kinda comes off as a young party guy and I hope that's just an image and not reality.

Man you guys are tough. Antoine is a great character, exactly what the ifbb needs. PERSONALITY! He probably wore the larger posing trunks as a throwback...honestly I'm sick of seeing dudes' ass in a g string. No he didn't come in at his best, but this was his first pro show and he has a better fan vase than most long time pros. Probably will learn a lot from this show and has nothing but time on his side.

Most recent vid i can find of Antoine, 7 weeks out training in Germany. Actually looks like he's lost size here in his arms/delts from what he normally looks like especially this close to a comp. Not sure what has happened?

He has a youtube channel. What I found was his 2 weeks out roadtrip to guest pose at the Mid Atlantic Natural Classic on May 11. He looked ok then.

Part 1 before leaving on the 10th:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nu_G9R8lUe4"]ANTOINE VAILLANT & CEDRIC DOYON - NEW JERSEY MINI ROADTRIP PART 1 - YouTube[/ame]

2 weeks out

Part 2 Training at Jersey Shore Fitness:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUHOcOeL1qo"]ANTOINE VAILLANT - CEDRIC DOYON - NEW JERSEY MINI ROAD TRIP PART II - YouTube[/ame]

He will learn from this and come back 10x better.

Those who know me know I don't do crazy carb depletions, carb ups or much in the way at all of diuretics if any....so you can toss those theories out. I have alot of thoughts on this but all that matters is that AV move forward and get better. That's all that counts. He will get better....someday everybody will forget all about this show..

JM

Staff online

• Bio
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
BL
NapsGear