advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Who still deadlifts ? ( asking bbers only)

sma

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
If yes y ? If no y ?
What exercises do you do for low back , and back
Thickness

I quit deadlifting for a while and this past year I have recently incorporated them back into my workout routine....I generally tend to do more Rack Pulls than full ROM Deadlifts. I feel you get better back development out of them. I def cannot wait to step on stage next year and see what kind of difference they have made in overall improvement to my lower back and back thickness.

I do deads from the floor/rack pulls from just below knee level 1/2x week.

I seem to strain something every time I do them. Gonna stop for a while. This last episode, something in my hip and I haven't been able to squat more that 155 lbs. since. It's like my brain has switched off my left leg. I used to go over 400lbs regularly for sets. Now it seems just not worth it for my goals.

Yes bro, its great for your overall body growth. I do deadlifts once every other week because it is so taxing on my body that everything gets sore. I never go below 6 reps because when you do you open yourself up for injury and then your screwed for a while. The 6 reps I do though are to failure so I put everything I have into each one.

4 sets of 20 every week first 10 regular and the next 10 stiff leg ..thats all i do for hams

I dead lift once and a while but prefer wide grip rack pulls on back day and sumo deads on leg days. Not both on the same week though

I alternate weekly between Deadlifts and Rack Pulls. Floor Deadlifts always kill my lower back where I almost can't lift 2 days after if it requires lower back stability. Pulled 310x6 Tuesday...Best I've done thus far.

3/4 Deads in the Rack or Rack pulls whatever you call them. They are a staple for me. None off the floor for me. Works my legs to much and the 3/4 Deads work the lower and mid back perfect for me.

I do deadlifts still. I incorporate them at the end of my back workout though instead of at the beginning. I do this so a couple reasons. My back is already pumped and full and deadlifts cap it off and really hit my entire back as a whole. Also I get the same effect using later weight.

Deads followed by rack pulls once a week. Deads are usually 3-5 reps a set and rack pulls are 10-12 a set. Deadlifted 500lbs last month for the first time.

I do them still here and there. Its amazing how weak you get at them if you dont do them on a regular basis. Most I ever pulled was 550 at the end of my back workout. I stay at 8 reps at least these days. I think rack pulls are better for bodybuilding purposes though.

I do conventional pulls on back day and stiff legs on leg day.

I have a hard time with higher rep pulls- just can't resist going heavy for low reps. Leftover tendencies from my PL days

Rack pulls seem like a great addition to a back day. Deadlifts feel way to detrimental at higher weights to be done on a weekly basis. Personally, my lower back is shot for at least 5 days after heavy deads.

Deadlifts are one of my favorite lifts.I pulled a pr of 515 this week. I usually go up to 415 and do sets but felt strong and wanted to max.

I do them every back day ...usually at the end , some back workouts are just deadlifts have a 585 pull to date

I did them for about 8 years but stopped a year and a half ago. I already had built a lot of size by then and it was just hurting my back too much for it to still be worthwhile. Plus, I HATED doing them. Necessary evil back then, but now I'm done with those.

I do the Rack Pulls at the start of my Back workout too get the hardest shit done 1st. I stay to 6-10 reps cuz higher reps pump up my Lower Back too much

I also feel that hitting higher weights and intensity requires about 12 days rest from your last all out Deadlift workout, with a couple lower intensity workouts in between

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear