over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Top 3 Supplements for Life/Health

meterman5

Registered
Just curious what everyone uses as general health and things to live a longer better quality of life. This is not taking into account any medical issues or physique goals. These are just things you take to be a healthy productive person.

1. Fish oil. Love this stuff and I feel probably best all around health supplement.

2. Multivitamin. I use flinstone chewables or the trader joes chewables.

3. Although not a supplement I rarely if ever cook or consistently drink anything out of plastic containers. I use glass or porcelin for heating and drinking if possible. I have read to many articles about heating plastics and the chemicals/phytoestrogens they produce.

Curious as to everyone elses top 3

1. cod liver oil

2. liposomal vitamin c

3. liposomal glutathione

I supplement quality of life with

1) Physiological levels of Testosterone

2) Physiological levels of Growth hormone

3) Physiological levels of Thyroid hormones

Everything else is secondary :D

Last edited:
For pure health, I would think:

1) Fish oil
2) Quality multi-vitamin/multi-mineral
3) Vitamin D3

Vitamin d3
Fish Oil
Astaxanthin
Ubiquinol
Tocotrienols

Vitamin D3

Fish oils

GH :))

1) Ubiquinol/CoQ10 (Both if you're near 25)
2) Vitamin A & D (Taken together)
3) L-Carnitine

I feel that a lot of people arent clear on how important some things are compared to others. Vitamin C is important, but if its in your top3 I honestly think you are unaware. Same as people just generally saying "multi vitamin". Ok...if thats the ONLY thing you take...but if it is, you're just doing the basics. Nothing wrong with that but in my opinion that is not performance enhancement and or life extending. I once asked Alpha6164 wha he meant by "make sure you take the proper anti-oxidants."
He told me coq and astaxanthin. Thats all I needed to hear from a dr/hrt expert to implement them.
Astaxanthin is a freaking superstar.
Coq10 should be taken as Ubiquinol if youre over 30...and is much more efficient in that form.
Most Vitamin E is alpha tocopherol....which is garbage compared to gamma tocopherol and tocotrienols.

D3 and Omegas from Fish Oil should be in everyone's top 3.
You really need a top 5 like I listed in my first post.

Ala and NAC deserve honorable mentions as well as C but are not top 3s compared to the powerhouses Ive mentioned.

If one is allergic to fish (I am) would flax seed oil be the best replacement for fish oils?

I have taken flax oil ever since finding out I was allergic to fish. I'm sure it's not as good, but perhaps the best replacement I can get?

I've really been digging this stuff lately.

**broken link removed**

Really kicked the energy level up a few notches.

Also Super Nutrition Opti-Packs and Sears fish oil. Always in my top three.

I feel that a lot of people arent clear on how important some things are compared to others. Vitamin C is important, but if its in your top3 I honestly think you are unaware. Same as people just generally saying "multi vitamin". Ok...if thats the ONLY thing you take...but if it is, you're just doing the basics. Nothing wrong with that but in my opinion that is not performance enhancement and or life extending. I once asked Alpha6164 wha he meant by "make sure you take the proper anti-oxidants."
He told me coq and astaxanthin. Thats all I needed to hear from a dr/hrt expert to implement them.
Coq10 should be taken as Ubiquinol if youre over 30...and is much more efficient in that form.
Most Vitamin E is alpha tocopherol....which is garbage compared to gamma tocopherol and tocotrienols.

Ala and NAC deserve honorable mentions as well as C but are not top 3s compared to the powerhouses Ive mentioned.

what dose of ubiquinol and astaxathin is recommended and are they both fat soluble?

right now im taking 120mg of coq10 at night but have read its best to take 50mg twice daily.

you make valid points, BUT unless you are deficient in certain things, there is no need to take the kitchen sink approach. now i do supplement with vit c, a digestive/antioxidant supp, multi, fish oil, magnesium. do i need all these, probably not, but piece of mind i think plays a big factor in what a lot of us take. i like to keep it simple tho so....my small list of supps/vitamins isnt too bad :D

Multi-vitamin
Glucosamine
Electrolytes

what dose of ubiquinol and astaxathin is recommended and are they both fat soluble?

right now im taking 120mg of coq10 at night but have read its best to take 50mg twice daily.

Personally Id go with at least 100mg ubiquinol and possibly 200. CoQ10 I wouldnt do at all unless I was 18-25 and lets be honest..most kids do not care at that age. Im very surprised so many people still take coQ10 when Ubiquinol is clearly the better and smarter choice.
Astaxanthin is recommended at 4mg a day with my other anti-oxidants(since I use a lot of them) but I opted to go with 12mg. After researching astaxanthin, Id rather take 12-20mg of it and less of other anti oxidants.

A study in 2007 demonstrated astaxanthin was 6000 times stronger than vitamin C, 800 times stronger than coq10, 550 times stronger than vitamin E and 75 times stronger than alpha lipoic acid.
It can cross the blood/brain barrier and NEVER turns into a pro oxidant.
Also, while vitamin c and e can only handle one free radical at a time, astaxanthin can handle between 30 and 90. There are numerous other benefits.
Ubiquinol and astaxanthin are both fat soluble. Make sure you get kaneka sourced ubiquinol and astaxanthin from algae (like Bioastin).

Last edited:
you make valid points, BUT unless you are deficient in certain things, there is no need to take the kitchen sink approach. now i do supplement with vit c, a digestive/antioxidant supp, multi, fish oil, magnesium. do i need all these, probably not, but piece of mind i think plays a big factor in what a lot of us take. i like to keep it simple tho so....my small list of supps/vitamins isnt too bad :D

I dont even think I should feel the need to respond to this, but I will anyway. This is not the kitchen sink approach that I promote, but the specific attention to detail towards health and performance enhancement you cannot get through food because you cannot consume enough of the right kinds. Go find outfor me if you are deficient in ubiquinol or astaxanthin...
Vitamin d3 is a perforance enhancer and health supplement that almost no one gets enough of unless theyre supplementing it. Cannot get enough from diet..
3+grams of epa and dha.....try eating enough fish to meet that.

Tocotrienols (with gamma tocopherol as well if you can find it) is proven to clear plaque from arteries. Why would you not supplement with something like that unless you consume red palm oil daily? Most vitamin e on the market and in multis is alpha-tocopherol which isnt very impressive at all and actually detracts from tocotrienol and gamma tocopherols advantageous characteristics. This is one of the reasons I dont currently take a multi and just handle it myself.

Personally, I think that an amazing vitamin E supplement is Jarrow Formulas FamilE. It has a very low amount of alpha tocopherol, a generous amount of tocotrienols, and a hefty dose of gamma-tocopherol. The guys in r&d were really thinking and really know their stuff.

Last edited:

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost