Votes: 106 59.6%
  • Neutral Results

Votes: 65 36.5%
  • Negative Results

Votes: 7 3.9%

• Total voters

Adonis89

Registered
1- Did you benefit, have a neutral result, or a negative result from intra workout nutrition?

2- What supplements did you use and doses?

3 - did you use any exogenous insulin with your protocol?

Experience only

Do you mind sharing your opinion to? Thanks

Benefit.

Used exact protocol John suggested.

To be fair I have tried both and noticed benefits with both, just increased with slin. Great results without too.

I have always done it with biotest supplements, so what johns using in the video someone else posted above. If your bulking/above maintenance calories you wont see much benefit but if youre dieting itll help you hold on to a lot more muscle and in my case i even gained strength while cutting and i was natural. Have also done it with slin and the pumps and results are unbelievable you feel pumped all day everyday

John Meadows - A Day in the life part 1

watch this video. Unless you're doing your intra workout shakes like that, you probably won't see the results you're looking for.

Watched this video this morning.

I'm not really looking for any personal results, rather I'm interested in hearing what results others have gotten from various intra workout protocols that they've tried.

Do you mind sharing your opinion to? Thanks

I've tried a few approaches, and the only one I've had any success with is using hydrolyzed whey (intrabolic) during the workout. I noticed that my pumps were very good, and I had reduced soreness, but no real size gain to mention even over a prolonged period of time.

I've also tried combining hydrowhey with glycofuse. It sat in my stomach and bloated me. Made me feel very sluggish and I had a poor workout. If I were to try it again, I'd use A LOT more water to dilute it down.

Last edited:
Been using "performance nutrition" for over 20 years.

Used to be glucose polymers during and amino tabs after when carbs were my main energy source.

I'm low carb now, so the name of the game is aminos, aminos and more aminos, aka before, during and after training. I let the fat fuel the training nowadays, much much better than glucose and carbs.

1- Did you benefit, have a neutral result, or a negative result from intra workout nutrition?

2- What supplements did you use and doses?

3 - did you use any exogenous insulin with your protocol?

Experience only

The first time I tried it I made a huge jump. This was 2007 with Vitargo(nutrex and professional supps brands), Universal BCAA Stack + EAA stack, and some creatine and glutamine. Hard to remember the doses but prob about 100g carbs and 3 scoops of each Universal product. Creatine 5g, Glut 10g.
NO insulin.

Since, I have gone back and forth with it several times.
Ive used Vitargo from GenR8, Karbolyn from Professional Supps, Waxy Maize which I think is absolute garbage, Chaind Reaction, Karbolyn from AAEFX, and Glycofuse now. I probably used others..just cant remember.
I had mediocre results the last 5 yrs...often being very uncomfortable and bloated soon after drinking them. No slin.

Enter Glycofuse.
Perfection.

Enter Peptopro.
A match made in heaven with Glycofuse.

Enter Leucine, Beta Alanine, Creatine, Glycerol and some other goodies.
This intra workout nutrition is absolutely SILLY. Helps facilitate pumps, energy, COMFORT, and recovery like nothing I have ever experienced. This in turn, allows you to train the bodyparts more often. STILL NO SLIN.

But that is about to enter the equation soon.

So, in a nutshell...
2007: the first time I used it....great results.
5+ yrs of tinkering and mostly not any great results. The two carbs that shined was Chaind Reaction and Karbolyn because they were better on the stomach.
2013:Amazing results with stamina, pumps, and recovery.

No slin ever..yet.

For those sub-consciously wondering, I have kind of married John Meadows protocols with Mike Arnold's protocols and plan to expand even moreso into them.

Hey, Knight, that's amazing and very informative, thank you. Do you mind pointing me in the direction of where to get the items in bold please? For instance, can I get these items or a variation of them at a GNC, or a popeyes?
And could you list the amounts of each you used? Without actually physically referencing, this sounds a lot like the Mike Arnold protocol minus the slin

Thank you very much!!!

The first time I tried it I made a huge jump. This was 2007 with Vitargo(nutrex and professional supps brands), Universal BCAA Stack + EAA stack, and some creatine and glutamine. Hard to remember the doses but prob about 100g carbs and 3 scoops of each Universal product. Creatine 5g, Glut 10g.
NO insulin.

Since, I have gone back and forth with it several times.
Ive used Vitargo from GenR8, Karbolyn from Professional Supps, Waxy Maize which I think is absolute garbage, Chaind Reaction, Karbolyn from AAEFX, and Glycofuse now. I probably used others..just cant remember.
I had mediocre results the last 5 yrs...often being very uncomfortable and bloated soon after drinking them. No slin.

Enter Glycofuse.
Perfection.

Enter Peptopro.
A match made in heaven with Glycofuse.

Enter Leucine, Beta Alanine, Creatine, Glycerol and some other goodies.
This intra workout nutrition is absolutely SILLY. Helps facilitate pumps, energy, COMFORT, and recovery like nothing I have ever experienced. This in turn, allows you to train the bodyparts more often. STILL NO SLIN.

But that is about to enter the equation soon.

So, in a nutshell...
2007: the first time I used it....great results.
5+ yrs of tinkering and mostly not any great results. The two carbs that shined was Chaind Reaction and Karbolyn because they were better on the stomach.
2013:Amazing results with stamina, pumps, and recovery.

No slin ever..yet.

Hey, Knight, that's amazing and very informative, thank you. Do you mind pointing me in the direction of where to get the items in bold please? For instance, can I get these items or a variation of them at a GNC, or a popeyes?
And could you list the amounts of each you used? Without actually physically referencing, this sounds a lot like the Mike Arnold protocol minus the slin

Thank you very much!!!

Glycofuse is made by Gaspari and I buy it at lockoutsupplements online. Also, Id look at allstarhealth online.

Peptopro, Instantized Leucine, Carnosyn(beta alanine), Creapure (creatine), and Glycerol Monostearate, as well as Taurine and Glutamine are all available at True Nutrition.
I bought Now Foods 500g Beta Alanine from allstarhealth because it was slightly cheaper due to my comparing. I also bought 2000g of Optimum Creapure because I found it cheaper. But we are talking a couple bucks here and there...so its probably easier to go to the one stop shop that TrueNutrition is. And ofcourse they are a sponsor of the board.

I use 100-150g Glycofuse, 15-20g peptopro in each of 2-3 shakes. And the rest is Mike Arnold's designated doses. I use two shakes right now...and when I use slin I will likely go to a third.

Benefit. Retained much more muscle during precontest diet than when I dieted without it. Trained 7 days per week for almost 5 months. Enjoying it offseason as well now.

Karboload (40 to 70 g) and Peptopro (15 to 25 g) and Creatine monohydrate (10g) all diluted in ~2 liters. Soon will be experimenting with debitterized hydrolyzed whey as a more economical replacement for peptopro.

Never used any insulin (natural competitor as well)

I now firmly believe with this that there is a very thin line in intra workout nutrition and if you want phenomenal results you need to use the better products available. Not JUST any carb, protein, etc.
Mediocre products that have equivalent nutritional values will not do the same job as optimal products for a given application. The likely culprit for success and efficiency from these product is assimilation and digestion issues via gastric emptying and getting to your bloodstream without making you feel like shit. Products requiring little to no digestion will be the best bet.

Cyclic Dextrin
Hydrolyzed Casein
Leucine
Creatine
Beta Alanine

That's your game changer shopping list!

Glycofuse is made by Gaspari and I buy it at lockoutsupplements online. Also, Id look at allstarhealth online.

Peptopro, Instantized Leucine, Carnosyn(beta alanine), Creapure (creatine), and Glycerol Monostearate, as well as Taurine and Glutamine are all available at True Nutrition.
I bought Now Foods 500g Beta Alanine from allstarhealth because it was slightly cheaper due to my comparing. I also bought 2000g of Optimum Creapure because I found it cheaper. But we are talking a couple bucks here and there...so its probably easier to go to the one stop shop that TrueNutrition is. And ofcourse they are a sponsor of the board.

I use 100-150g Glycofuse, 15-20g peptopro in each of 2-3 shakes. And the rest is Mike Arnold's designated doses. I use two shakes right now...and when I use slin I will likely go to a third.

so 4-6 scoops glycofuse per shake? damn, thats like a tub a week!

I'm using 25g glycofuse, 25g orange gatorade (cheaper carbs that dont bloat me), 20g hydro whey (vanilla) per shake. 3 shakes. tastes great. I'm getting some stomach discomfort but probably because I'm using a standard shaker cup and need much more water. Definitely experiencing some improvements in my body. With 20iu slin.

Last edited:
so 4-6 scoops glycofuse per shake? damn, thats like a tub a week!

I'm using 25g glycofuse, 25g orange gatorade (cheaper carbs that dont bloat me), 20g hydro whey (vanilla) per shake. 3 shakes. tastes great. I'm getting some stomach discomfort but probably because I'm using a standard shaker cup and need much more water. Definitely experiencing some improvements in my body. With 20iu slin.

No 4-6 scoops per workout. 2-3 shakes.
You absolutely need to use more water.

John Meadows uses 64oz of water intra workout.
Max Fairchild has said he used about 60oz.

I suggest with YOUR doses listed above...just go to TARGET or REI and buy a 32oz NALGENE bottle for $10-12. That should be much better on your stomach and eliminate any and all discomfort.

I like to drink a protein shake right before going to the gym, then sip on 120g sugar from lemonaide or gatoraide.

-Intra workout nutrition gives me more energy toward the end of my workout than not using it.

-There are NUMEROUS studies supporting using intra workout nutrition based on solid bloodwork numbers.

-How in the world could you possibly tell if it had a tangible positive result on you training other than a vague "feeling?" YOU HAVE NO CONTROL. Please explain if you feel it does, because there is no way the other parameters could be controlled, it's impossible.

I like to drink a protein shake right before going to the gym, then sip on 120g sugar from lemonaide or gatoraide.

Yeah i think i'm going to stick this as well. I just looked at what john does and that shit is $65 a bottle. Comes with 20 servings and you use 3 each workout. $65 a week??? I mean i'm not one to bitch but thats a lot of coin for a supp.

-Intra workout nutrition gives me more energy toward the end of my workout than not using it.

-There are NUMEROUS studies supporting using intra workout nutrition based on solid bloodwork numbers.

-How in the world could you possibly tell if it had a tangible positive result on you training other than a vague "feeling?" YOU HAVE NO CONTROL. Please explain if you feel it does, because there is no way the other parameters could be controlled, it's impossible.

Good point, however I wouldn't call a definite and noticable difference in recovery a vague feeling. Also, if you adopt a protocol over a given period of time and make great leaps and gains in size IN THAT PERIOD OF TIME, you can attribute intra workout nutrition to have played an important role in part of the success.

I use a 50/50 mix of cyclic dextrin karbalyn 100 grams total. With 40g EAA. (No slin) All True Nutrition. Mix it in a half gallon of water with ACV and lemon. Pumps are good, have more energy. Its the only major carb source I have....I feel im recomping nicely

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
mp18201
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity