over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Depths of Hell- Ulcerative colitis discussion

Ok guys, some of you kno I compete, 30. Years old ice recently been diagnosed with severe ulcerative colitis. Apparently I've had it for years it just recently flared up to an extreme. I've had every test done including colonoscopy. Spent over a week in the hospital and lost 40 lb in 2 months or less, the last 30 lb in under a month. I am just starting treatment prednisone and remicade. I still have chronic diarrhea nonstop and have a follow up apt in 10 days. I'd like to hear from other fellas here ; have you beaten ulcerative colitits; what supps do you take? Is there anything to prevent the muscle wasting? What type of diet do you Guys follow, are you able to still compete?

Through this I've already learned there's so much to life than bodybuilding , but man it's scary to even look at myself now 40 lb less in a matter of time , I just got released from the hospital and I'm eating well but still have symptoms I'd love to hear from others that are going through this and have beaten it thx guys

Ok guys, some of you kno I compete, 30. Years old ice recently been diagnosed with severe ulcerative colitis. Apparently I've had it for years it just recently flared up to an extreme. I've had every test done including colonoscopy. Spent over a week in the hospital and lost 40 lb in 2 months or less, the last 30 lb in under a month. I am just starting treatment prednisone and remicade. I still have chronic diarrhea nonstop and have a follow up apt in 10 days. I'd like to hear from other fellas here ; have you beaten ulcerative colitits; what supps do you take? Is there anything to prevent the muscle wasting? What type of diet do you Guys follow, are you able to still compete?

Through this I've already learned there's so much to life than bodybuilding , but man it's scary to even look at myself now 40 lb less in a matter of time , I just got released from the hospital and I'm eating well but still have symptoms I'd love to hear from others that are going through this and have beaten it thx guys

I would try to look at any environmental factors that could be impacting you. Chemicals, food, anything. Basically everyone has a war going on in their intestine between the bacteria that your body needs and the immune tissue in the lining of the intestine. If the bacteria wins, you go septic and die. If the immune system fights the bacteria too hard, it kills the intestine. This is an over simplification, but approximately what goes on. I would look at anything that could be putting your immune system in a hyperactive state.

Once you control the flair up, you may be able to operate at lower doses of prednisone, or even get off it completely. Colitis will sometimes resolve it self on it's own and go away, although it can return later in life...

Best of luck, I had a long time girlfriend with colitis, it isn't fun.

Remember things like stress can contribute to flair ups.

Doctors don't fully understand colitis, so looking to alternative theories may be useful...

Your main concern must be controlling/eliminating flair ups, nothing else really matters.

Sorry to hear. UC is one of the two forms of IBD along with Crohns. UC can run in families between 10-25% of the patients have another family member that also has UC. Even though direct genetic link hasnt been established it is def. familial, etc. Diet is huge.

I would highly look at berberine. It has significant clinical data for healing ulcerative colitis. Also you may want to look at IGF LR3. Because of its strong affinity to receptors in the intestines, i have patients with UC that have used LR3 with great success. Good luck.

I have Chron's disease for over 20 yrs. I have been on meds for that long until about 4 months ago. The biggest factor in helping is the diet. All meats are organic,grassfed or wild fishes. All carbs are gluten free and white. All good fats.
I would say I feel the best stomach wise on keto or low carb. Be careful with veggies some will be better than other organic green beans does best for me.

Supp wise HGH has helped immensly, there are studies where it is used in people with Chrons/UC with great success. Digestive enzymes with every meal along with omegas. Vitamin D due to no dairy products in the diet. Fiber supp also helps.

Make sure you start out slow with increasing your calories and pay strict attension to how your body handles each meal so you can eliminate those bad foods. Even if you have ate them before you may not be able to handle them now. Also track you bowl movements on how they look and what you ate the day before. If its runny obviously you know not to eat whatever it was.

Lots of water helps daily helps too

All n all if you follow a BB lifestyle now its not that hard to transition at all.
Some days yo will feel like shit and others fine, consistancy with the diet will help that.

Hiring Shelby was also the best thing i did to help me with the diet.

Good Luck man

Last edited:
Good info so far guys- interesting on the high and lr3 il have to look into that

So far I'm eating good clean food, egg sandwiches digest great same with turkey sandwiches, and potatoes n rice , I've also added greek yogurt although I'm not sure if it agrees with my stomach yet

I was diagnosed with chrons disease 2 years ago and like you it puts a new perspective on life in general. I like you lost 20 pounds in 1 week followed by another 20 in the month following all the tests and hospital time. I treated my chrons with prednisone to get it under control. I slowly added certain foods back into my diet and adjusted accordingly with occurring problems. I then switched to humira to drive it into remission. I can happily say that I have returned to my bodybuilding lifestyle full bore without medication for a little under a year now. I hope it never returns but for now I will keep my fingers crossed. I hope your able to find a way to get it under control, I seem to be one of the lucky few that can lead a life of freedom after what i perceived as a death sentence

My good buddy and old training partner here has been through the ringer with it.
For years now battling it. Had the surgery, had the reversal, ended up with some hernias, more surgery and Just now getting back on track a little bit.
Its not been easy for him. If you ever want to talk with him about it or have questions I can try to direct him here or put you guys in contact.

I hope your case is not so severe! And you get well soon.

Vqpower wow man good for you! That sounds inspiring that you're back at it full force

Rajjin- sure man pm me I'd like to chest with him and learn as much as possible to beat this thing

And just to clarify i have used gh peptides while flaring to hopefully help repair it and it only aggravated it immensely. So stay away from Ghrp-6 or 2. I used actual gh and that is where I started to feel a lot better. And leading a stress free life without bodybuilding is what really helped in the end. I just had to let it go and hope that I could return to it in time. Good luck man, I hope you get through this like I have. I'm sure with a positive attitude and dedication that you will. if bodybuilding is your passion, hopefully you will get another real crack at it.

Diagnosed with Crohns Disease in 2004. Like you, I lost about 30lbs in a 5-6 week period. Pretty devastating mentally.

Been on all the meds, some worked, some f'd me up in other ways and nothing but prednisone is working at the moment.

Diet is certainly a HUGE factor in helping to control your flare. Everyone is different though, you have to do a trial and error process. I do a Paleo diet now and it does help, but not eliminate my symptoms. Higher carb intake diets are brutal on me.

Stress is also a HUGE factor. Kinda sucks, because who wouldn't be stressed dealing with what we deal with. lol

I did read a study done in 2000 in the New England Journal of Med. using HGH as a potential treatment, but there was never a follow up for the second stage.

In theory it seems like it would be beneficial to help heal the lining of the gut.

One of these days I might try it, but I have a small brain tumor as well and I don't know if it would be a wise decision to do so.

I hope you can find some relief bro, I wouldn't wish this disease on anyone. You gotta just keep pushing on. Keep choking down that food to keep weight on and a little test always makes me feel a little better.

EDIT: Here's the link to the study I referred too.
A preliminary study of growth hormone therapy f... [N Engl J Med. 2000] - PubMed - NCBI

Last edited:
Sorry to hear. UC is one of the two forms of IBD along with Crohns. UC can run in families between 10-25% of the patients have another family member that also has UC. Even though direct genetic link hasnt been established it is def. familial, etc. Diet is huge.

I would highly look at berberine. It has significant clinical data for healing ulcerative colitis. Also you may want to look at IGF LR3. Because of its strong affinity to receptors in the intestines, i have patients with UC that have used LR3 with great success. Good luck.

My brother and sister also have Crohns disease.

Interesting about the IGF LR3. Do you have any links or protocols to look at?

I sent you a PM a while back to see how everything went with your colonoscopy and you never answered, if you need anything shoot me a PM I have had UC going on 19 years now. Everybody is so different that what works for someone else may not work for you, If you ever want to contact my doc let me know he has helped a lot over the years.

Check your PM.

Guys seriously Thanks alot there's some great replies here- I hope to stop this muscle wasting soon and eventually beat this thing I'm trying to record what I eat too as I'm finding certain foods I just can't tolerate

Guys seriously Thanks alot there's some great replies here- I hope to stop this muscle wasting soon and eventually beat this thing I'm trying to record what I eat too as I'm finding certain foods I just can't tolerate

Pm me if you want. I had uc for years up and down...eventually had surgery. True uc has little to do with diet. Sorry.. its not because you ate something bad etc. If its ibs then diet can make worse...but true uc if bad can have terrible problems even if you dont eat anything for long oeriods of time.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Anyone notice substantial help from cannabis, or specifically Cannabidiol?
We have a lot of states (mine included) where many of us might find a certain strain that helps with our illness/disease.

Just looking for some first hand experiences.

I understand that rec's aren't discussed here at PM. This is not recreational post, but I understand if it goes down a path the MODs aren't comfortable with and I'll drop it.

gonna bump this- anyone on here think that colitis can be Caused by using orals? this includes research chem formulas with alcohol etc

I doubt it could be orals, but there is only one way to find out. I have gastroparesis, and ive gone from 240 in college, to 220 after, now down to a feeble ~170. I'm lucky to get in 1500 cals a day. Meds help very little. I've tried just about every concoction of meds, radical diets, needless gallbladder removal, et al. It has come down to my resignation/compromise that I will only compete at 181 or below. I may not be as big and strong as I could be, but at least i will be as strong as fucking possible for whatever size i am.

I know this condition isn't quite the same, but it shares a lot of the same end results. Some things that have helped me have been ghrp-6 (though it seems it made it worse for one person, so take that fwiw), igf oddly enough, domperidone, and marinol (though I hate being high). Also big helps were lowering fat intake, reducing intake of veggies that are difficult to digest, broccoli, cabbage, etc., moving from eating 6 smaller meals a day to 10-12 meals a day - basically grazing all day - it's super difficult but it helps. For the pain, unfortunately the only thing that remotely helps are opiates, and that is a very sharp double edged sword - it can lead to addiction and cause nausea, but can stop the runs and ease the pain. If you do go down that path, i strongly suggest using one that is both an opiate agonist/antagonist or a partial opiate agonist, as they are far less addicting and less evil overall.

These cures and remedies will not do much for a serious case of colitis. Seems like many are holding out for some unrealistic thing that will cure them. Sorry to say orals didnt cause it, smoking pot wont help etc.

I have met maybe 50 ppl with colitis and I doubt any used any orals. Sorry to burst anyones bubble but youre looking for some secret "cure" that simply doesnt exist...I feel your oain guys. Its ine of the worst diseases and not one of those diseases that your bring up at dinner table. In addition...letting these symptoms continue will only increase the chance of cancer greatly. I regret not having had surgery earlier. Its a long and painful process but for many not doing it is simply delaying the inevitable.

These cures and remedies will not do much for a serious case of colitis. Seems like many are holding out for some unrealistic thing that will cure them. Sorry to say orals didnt cause it, smoking pot wont help etc.

I have met maybe 50 ppl with colitis and I doubt any used any orals. Sorry to burst anyones bubble but youre looking for some secret "cure" that simply doesnt exist...I feel your oain guys. Its ine of the worst diseases and not one of those diseases that your bring up at dinner table. In addition...letting these symptoms continue will only increase the chance of cancer greatly. I regret not having had surgery earlier. Its a long and painful process but for many not doing it is simply delaying the inevitable.

I don't think (I hope anyway) no one is looking for a flat out cure, because there isn't one. There are only treatments/diet/lifestyle changes, etc. It definitely can't be cured, but not acting on it and just writing in misery isn't much help either.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear