over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Lab Results, Dr. at clinic wants to put me on TRT

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissyM

Registered
Ok, so I went to one of those clinics because I wanted some labwork done to see where I was at and the cost was only $45 to get my T levels and some other common things like hemoglobin.

I am 34 years old male and my numbers came back as follows:

Test. Total 586 (250-1100) Considered Normal by this test
Free Test 107.2 (35-155) Considered Normal by this test

So I wasn't thinking much of it but then he told me that in his opinion I was low for my age and that he thinks he could help me... Said I was adequate, but I could be better. This place does every other week shots of Test Cyp at 300 at $65 a shot. Any of you that are into this, does it sound like something worth doing or is are the gains I might see not worth the $ and efffort? Are my numbers really low enough to be considering this?

For the record, I have about 5 cycles under my belt and kind of want to get away from the illegality of things, no real reason to be the size I was anymore, not that I was huge or anything, but it was noticeable that I wasn't natural. Any insight is appreciated. Thank you all in advance!

I guess it all boils down to personal choice. If I was in your shoes, I would do it, just because of the legality of it. The $$ wouldnt bother me, but I am comfortable with what I make and would re budget accordingly.

wow I am surprised that a real dr would put you on trt at 34 with your levels right at midpoint.

My test level was 300 for years and couldn't get a referral to an endo from my regular doctor.

i wouldnt let em do 300mg every 2 weeks though

if they write the script and u can pin yourself...i would atleast fill the script

300 EOW? That doesn't seem optimal to me. I would think that he would want consistent and stable levels. I would think that his EOW dosing would yield too much peak/valley action, causing unwanted/unneeded sides. Maybe I am wrong

If my doc suggested 300mg test c every 2 weeks for trt I would find another doc. A doctor should know better.

Ok, so I went to one of those clinics because I wanted some labwork done to see where I was at and the cost was only $45 to get my T levels and some other common things like hemoglobin.

So I wasn't thinking much of it but then he told me that in his opinion I was low for my age and that he thinks he could help me... Said I was adequate, but I could be better. This place does every other week shots of Test Cyp at 300 at $65 a shot. Any of you that are into this, does it sound like something worth doing or is are the gains I might see not worth the $ and efffort? Are my numbers really low enough to be considering this?

For the record, I have about 5 cycles under my belt and kind of want to get away from the illegality of things, no real reason to be the size I was anymore, not that I was huge or anything, but it was noticeable that I wasn't natural. Any insight is appreciated. Thank you all in advance!

I wonder if it is one of those so called clinics in Florida. They would prescribe to anyone. It is all about money to them, not your health. No reputable doctor would ever prescribe you at those levels. And That price is just outrageous. If you did have low test levels and were a canidate, health insurance would pay for it. By the way, a lot of those clinics get shut down for doing things just like this. Your info is not going to be confidentual at that time.

Both the dosing and the cost are retarded...neither would be good for you...

All HRT clinics are going to put you on TRT regardless of test results, it's their business.

Both the dosing and the cost are retarded...neither would be good for you...

Agreed.

Your numbers are fine. No need to change something if it is not broken.

Continue on with your normal routine.

All HRT clinics are going to put you on TRT regardless of test results, it's their business.

Right. My friend owns a clinic and he includes a patient questionnaire in the evaluation process. Based on the questionnaire everyone needs HRT. Lab scores only tell part of the story. It's how you feel. ;)

Agreed.

Your numbers are fine. No need to change something if it is not broken.

Continue on with your normal routine.

That's kind of what my gut is telling me. Doesn't seem like I have a lot to gain at that dose.

Can you get doctor prescription but then use your own ugl test ?

so when you travel, you wouldn't have to worry

65 dollars a shot is such a robbery tho lol

That's expensive. I got a buddy who just started on trt from a clinic and all he pays is his weekly copay

I have a buddy at work who gets one vial a month of Test E, 2 shots a week, 4 weeks. $125 because our dumbass insurance doesnt see Testosterone as medically necessary but they will cover my wife's hormone replacement script... but i digress.. that is another rant.
$65 per shot, twice a month is highway robbery.

no, your numbers are fine. Actually probably higher than the average guy your age. You do not need trt. If you start it you sure will though. It's a lifetime thing. My test was under 300. I needed it to be within normal limits. I would not mess with it if you aren't under 300 total test. shame on any dr writing a trt with that level of test. just proves they are in it for the money. and 300mg every other week. that's quite the hormone roller coaster to go through.

Last edited:
That level is within normal range, but as mentioned, it's more about how you feel, not so much the number. Some may feel great with your numbers, some may feel lethargic, low sex drive etc with that number.

If you feel fine, don't bother unless you want to increase performance and well being.

Tell them you want to administer the shots yourself. He does not have to give them to you.

He would just write a script for the needles and oil. He will want you to come in probably every 3-6 months for blood work which should be fine. That's something that you should do anyways to keep tabs on your blood levels.

Tell them to order it in 3 month intervals and purchase at bulk...if you've got insurance, the copay is all you should pay. The cost should be FAR less if you've got halfway decent insurance.

If I had to pay that much money for so little (130.00 for 600mg and two pins), I'd consider UGL if he didn't want to prescribe the medication for self administration.

Oil will be your least expensive method, there's others, but they are more expensive and more of a pain in the butt in my opinion (cream, patch etc). If he prescribes 300 EOW, I'd change it to 150 EW so you're levels are more stable. You'll feel great for the first week, then crash at about 10 days later if you do it via his method.

Last edited:
wow I am surprised that a real dr would put you on trt at 34 with your levels right at midpoint.

My test level was 300 for years and couldn't get a referral to an endo from my regular doctor.

you are surprised? flordia has these quack trt clinics everywhere. dave palaumbo even has a video where he goes to his "clinic" to get his 400mg of deca and 400 mg of test trt vials. I really hope the dea shuts these clowns down. They prescribe cycles, not trt. its all about the money.

bro I hope you plan on adding to that 300mg eow, cause I would be an emotional wreck with those bouncing test levels ,:banghead:some doctors I tell you

Your levels look good. I started trt 2 weeks ago at 34 year's old. I'm on 220mgs cyp a week. 500 Hcg 2x a week And adex. My total test was 220 and free was 7.3. I have very low levels from years of running gear recklessly when I was younger. I am paying a lot more than I like and could get it a hello of a lot cheaper but I like that I'm getting pharm grade products and have a professional monitoring my hormones and blood levels... not to mention I'm legal thus way.

If I were you I'd pass on getting the script from him. Your levels look fine. Most these places want to heard people in and will give anyone a shot if you are willing to pay.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly