over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Yates at 97 Olympia

Equalizer

Registered
He stated in his book that he didn't train at all the last 3 weeks before the contest. Yet he weighed in at 265 at the prejudging and 270 at the night show. That was his biggest and heaviest of all his Olympias.

Are the 2 related? Did not training for 3 weeks allow his body to recover and produce gains in muscle mass that he wouldn't have had if he was able to train those last few weeks?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmwQh0Oiaos"]DORIAN YATES posing at Mr Olympia 1997 [HD] - YouTube[/ame]

He stated in his book that he didn't train at all the last 3 weeks before the contest. Yet he weighed in at 265 at the prejudging and 270 at the night show. That was his biggest and heaviest of all his Olympias.

Are the 2 related? Did not training for 3 weeks allow his body to recover and produce gains in muscle mass that he wouldn't have had if he was able to train those last few weeks?

DORIAN YATES posing at Mr Olympia 1997 [HD] - YouTube

Unfortunately, you are going to here the classic line on this site, "You can't believe anything the pro's say. They will say anything." Yet this site boasts being a "Pro Site." Hmmm...pro's saying don't believe the pros? LMFAO :welcome:

Honestly he looks smooth there, at least compared to his usual hard as nails condition. Holding water probably is 3 or so lbs of the added weight. The left arm is torn up but he did a good job hiding the damage.

For us that remember the 97 and previous Olympia's....he never was over 260!!! The closer he got to it the smoother he got and the more stomach problems. Think 256 was his heaviest

What 2 muscles are those that run down the middle of his back as he is first walking out on stage? Absolutely unreal, looks like two huge camel humps sticking out of his back.

He was a freak no matter how you slice it!!

What 2 muscles are those that run down the middle of his back as he is first walking out on stage? Absolutely unreal, looks like two huge camel humps sticking out of his back.

I believe those are his trapezius muscles. they literally make him look like a monster there. prob in my top 3 bodybuilding shots EVER. it looks inhuman.
its likely genetic but I also noticed he did a lot of "bent rows" alost standing straight up lol. it looked to be targeting that area whether he meant to or not.
-JS

R.E.S.P.E.C.T....plain and simple.

I believe the reason he didn't train for the show was because he had blown his biceps on the left arm and tweaked his triceps on the other.

Might be mistaken.

I believe the reason he didn't train for the show was because he had blown his biceps on the left arm and tweaked his triceps on the other.

Might be mistaken.

Yeah I thought he tore his bi.

I think Nasser should have won in 1997.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJFbDproVJY]Nasser El Sonbaty - Mr Olympia 97 - ???? ???????? - YouTube[/ame]

Unfortunately, you are going to here the classic line on this site, "You can't believe anything the pro's say. They will say anything." Yet this site boasts being a "Pro Site." Hmmm...pro's saying don't believe the pros? LMFAO :welcome:

He stated the same thing in the seminar he did in Apollo gym (there are thread with this seminar, watch and enjoy). He have no reason to lie. Ot lie in his book and the lie again 15+ years later when doing seminar
If you are on AAS, HGH good clean diet you won't lose any muscle at all during those 3 weeks of not training

He stated the same thing in the seminar he did in Apollo gym (there are thread with this seminar, watch and enjoy). He have no reason to lie. Ot lie in his book and the lie again 15+ years later when doing seminar
If you are on AAS, HGH good clean diet you won't lose any muscle at all during those 3 weeks of not training

I would think you would lose the "pump" ie glycogen.

The biceps were torn before the tricep injury. 3 weeks before the 97 O he tore his triceps nearly completely. It was barely hanging on to the bone. He could therefor not trains those weeks and was on some kind of pain killer for the injury. He said he went on stage being nervous that the slightest tweak would tear the rest of it. I would think the bodys reaction to a nearly complete tear would result in some water bloat in the body.

The biceps were torn before the tricep injury. 3 weeks before the 97 O he tore his triceps nearly completely. It was barely hanging on to the bone. He could therefor not trains those weeks and was on some kind of pain killer for the injury. He said he went on stage being nervous that the slightest tweak would tear the rest of it. I would think the bodys reaction to a nearly complete tear would result in some water bloat in the body.

you can bet your ass on that... had a "complete" hanging by thread tear on my right tricep tendon back in june.... the swelling and bruising was unreal... also had a golf ball size deformity from the shift of my tri that wasnt attached anymore but complete inner half of arm, just a few inches above wrist all the way to armpit.. dark purples and reds so much they were practically black..ice, motrin/aleve, etc only did so much, and my ortho dr and pa also said to go easy on the motrin/aleve also to not disrupt the body's natural response to injury too much where could just make it worse, so never took more than 200mg of either every few hours just to get something but not risk worsening... narcotic painkillers and tylenol was ok tho since are arent NSAIDS

wore a compression sleeve to help get the swelling down to were it wasnt so plump and puffy after about 7-10 days, bruises well that took almost another couple weeks to clear out... few weeks later surgery to put it all back together and repeat same swelling and bruising ordeal, at least with split this time, I went through a few splints too, not only from the adjusting the range of motion degree but also as swelling went down to better support limb...

much props to endure and see it thru, I can relate to his nervousness since any excess strain, tension etc from flexing and posing and that would have been the end of it... would have been left on stage with his triceps retracted and balled up looking like greg valentino.. same I imagine for his bi on other side so yeah... three wks of maintaining damage control basically was a smart move...

Last edited:
Yeah I thought he tore his bi.

Think this year it was his tricep. I saw him guest pose 2 yrs before right after he tore his bicep , as Weinberger said he just tore it when he announced him.

Think this year it was his tricep. I saw him guest pose 2 yrs before right after he tore his bicep , as Weinberger said he just tore it when he announced him.

Yeah he was always injured. Kinda like Branch.

Heavy Duty is the only way to train.:)

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner