over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Intra workout shake

Marky Boy

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
For those guys using an intra workout shake, what are you using and how much?

Prefer to hear from those not using insulin.

Personally I'm thinking of adding this into routine. I have never used intra workout but im looking to up my game

Thinking of a carb source obviously with BCAAS and creatine?

Then immediately after workout my usual post workout shake

hard to beat karboload with some bcaa's or peptopro intra workout

Just for the record, the intra shake with and without insulin need not be dissimilar.

5g creatine 5g beta alanine 5g bcaa 1 scoop whey XXg carb (source does not matter to me)

Just for the record, the intra shake with and without insulin need not be dissimilar.

5g creatine 5g beta alanine 5g bcaa 1 scoop whey XXg carb (source does not matter to me)

Was just Incase people on slin follow a certain g per iu etc. keeps it less complicated.

I'm looking at Gatorade powder, does anyone use? And just add in bcaas etc

HBCD has been pretty popular ...... Gaspari Glycofuse

gatorade powder is fine, but it's mostly just dextrose which you can just buy online for dirt cheap

As far a carbohydrate source goes simply find that you feel digests the best

As far a carbohydrate source goes simply find that you feel digests the best
This. I use karboload because i can take in 175 grams of it over the course of 2 hours without feeling bloated or distended. I would certainly use something cheaper if i could get away with it though

I have had the best luck with Endurox. It has a good mix of carbs and proteins. Never had any bloat or anything with it. The body digests carbs at about 1g per minute (or so they say), so I can take down about 40-50g per hour with no issues.

Usual preworkout (currently using Animal Rage) with extra 10g glutamine and 4iu Slin.

Then during workout 15g Scivation Xtend with 10g Hydrolyzed whey.

This is 12.00pm fasted training.

Huge veins and pumps during workout ;)

Stew:cool:

personally I prefer cyclic dextrin(glycofuse) over karboload... along with the other stuff everyone has already mentioned...

I actually thought this was a post from a week or so ago... Almost the exact same question

i prefer cyclic dextrin as well, but the benefit to cost ratio just doesnt work out for me

75-150g Cyclic Dextrin (Glycofuse)
35-45g Peptopro
5g Leucine
10g creatine

i prefer cyclic dextrin as well, but the benefit to cost ratio just doesnt work out for me

Yep... but right now I am using Matt Porter's Muscle Intrusion to get m intra workout carbs, this is HBCDs. But I have no issues with karboload either and that is less expensive. So it is an either / or for me.

For amino acids I was using pepto-pro for a while but feel like my recovery is just as good using EAAs and BCAAs. 10g EAAs and 25g BCAAs (this is likely overkill)

I also add beta alanine, citrulline malate and creatine (sometime I just take this post though).

Karboload + Pepto Pro + BCCA + Creatine + Glutamine and your good to go. No stomach bloat or gas.

My point of view:

save your money for gh, gear , food etc.
save your energy for lifting heavy ass weight

Those carbs your taking in... I don't care how fast they digest are not going to provide you extra energy for training there still going to take 1.5-3 hours to get absorbed in your intestine and used for glycogen etc.

I love everything there is about bodybuilding but intra workout (people are over thinking this)

I get it though everyones looking for that edge and if it gives you that mental edge and makes you happy and gives you the results you want then by all means. But There's only so much time in a day with work, relationships, school, workouts, cardio, meals, food prep, sleep, downtime and random shit that happens day in and day out. That extra time you spend ordering and making your shakes can be used else where. Then what happens when you run out and cant have your shake oh I guess your going to have a shit workout so you might as well not hit the gym.

My take...

My point of view:

Those carbs your taking in... I don't care how fast they digest are not going to provide you extra energy for training there still going to take 1.5-3 hours to get absorbed in your intestine and used for glycogen etc.

I love everything there is about bodybuilding but intra workout (people are over thinking this)

I get it though everyones looking for that edge and if it gives you that mental edge and makes you happy and gives you the results you want then by all means. But There's only so much time in a day with work, relationships, school, workouts, cardio, meals, food prep, sleep, downtime and random shit that happens day in and day out. That extra time you spend ordering and making your shakes can be used else where. Then what happens when you run out and cant have your shake oh I guess your going to have a shit workout so you might as well not hit the gym.

My point of view:

Interesting point of view. Ive noted a marked increase in exercise stamina among myself and others I have put on peri nutrition. However if you run out of supps, old fashioned apples work great in a pinch.

You dont have to overthink. Eat, train and sleep. Peri nutrition is just more eating.

My point of view:

Have you tried HBCD and Casein Hydrolysate/Peptopro? From my experience, it seems the only people who downplay their effectiveness or worth are people who have never tried them.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear