over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

300+ pound NFL Lineman

lookatpicture

Registered
The Center for Disease Control says they have a 50% greater risk of death dying from heart disease than other players.

Not really a surprising statistic

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Probably the same for a 300lbs bodybuilder. Yeah they eat better in general but they don't do as much cardio. Hmmm...

I went to school at the Univ of Texas and we did a lot of testing on the lineman, fit testing of all kinds and also mapped their caloric intake, diets etc. Even though the avg weight was around 304lbs during the semester we did this project, their activity level was high enough that they were slightly healthier than your average adult. But it's clear that if they ever stopped playing football and their activity level dropped but they kept their caloric intake the same, it's a recipe for disaster.

It's interesting to see a lot of former players, mostly lineman, who shed a a lot of weight after they retire. Look at all the ones who are sports commentators now who've probably lost at least 50lbs.

They all have sleep apnea, even the guys in college. The sooner they address it, the better off they are.

I have thought for years now its the weight problem more so then steriods that kill athletes. If your 250-300lb 47yo friend had heart attack or god knows what health problem and dropped over dead would you be that shocked?

I have thought for years now its the weight problem more so then steriods that kill athletes. If your 250-300lb 47yo friend had heart attack or god knows what health problem and dropped over dead would you be that shocked?

This is why I brought up the subject, with all of the recent posts on bodybuilder deaths, why aren't professional athletes in other sports dropping dead from heart problems? Weight, doses, cardio??

It's interesting to see a lot of former players, mostly lineman, who shed a a lot of weight after they retire. Look at all the ones who are sports commentators now who've probably lost at least 50lbs.

I've noticed that also. Troy Aikman, Shannon Sharpe, Terry Bradshaw, Howie Long, Michael Strahan, and Chris Collinsworth all look smaller. Okay, maybe not Terry Bradshaw!:D

Not really a surprising statistic

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Exactly that a lot of work on the heart being that size, esp the left ventricle which pumps the blood back into the circulatory system. Stack that with a terrible diet and now you also have to worry about coronary heart disease.

I remember hearing the average lineman does not live past sixty.

As they say, they younger the heart the more/most fatal the heart attack will be..... as we age the heart is always growing new blood vessels, etc creating new pathways for circulation... obviously someone in their 20s,30s, maybe even 40's range somewhere dont have the same circulation development as some like 70s/80s so they usually die of their heart attack or other issue while the elder guy may have already had 2 heart attacks but the heart had all those years to develop just adapts to the attack and redirects blood flow elsewhere...

So times you can be in the best shape with best cardio and conditioning but you just cant beat genetics and hereditary pass downs....unless your one lucky son of a bitch like martin sheen... he had a heart attack when in his 20s while doing apocalypses now... great movie btw..

It's true that a lot of these guys lose weight after retirement. The Center on the Ravens last year, Matt Birk, retired after the super bowl and competed in Men's physique a few months ago. This was a guy over 300lbs less than a year ago.

This is why I brought up the subject, with all of the recent posts on bodybuilder deaths, why aren't professional athletes in other sports dropping dead from heart problems? Weight, doses, cardio??

In reality, THEY ARE DROPPING DEAD IN OTHER SPORTS (ESPECIALLY AMERICAN FOOTBALL!)
We don't hear a lot about it because, unfortunately, we don't want to. It's very similar to the threads we see on these boards about Bodybuilders dying. It only gets brought up when someone with any notoriety passes.
I remember when Reggie White passed, and sleep apnea awareness increased 10 fold.
If my memory serves me correctly, I believe there were 2 soccer players who died in the last couple of seasons on the "pitch"?
There are a ton of guys who have passed too early who participated in professional sports that no one (family and friends excluded) knows about....

Last edited:
In reality, THEY ARE DROPPING DEAD IN OTHER SPORTS (ESPECIALLY AMERICAN FOOTBALL!)
We don't hear a lot about it because, unfortunately, we don't want to. It's very similar to the threads we see on these boards about Bodybuilders dying. It only gets brought up when someone with any notoriety passes.
I remember when Reggie White passed, and sleep apnea awareness increased 10 fold.
If my memory serves me correctly, I believe there were 2 soccer players who died in the last couple of seasons on the "pitch"?
There are a ton of guys who have passed too early who participated in professional sports that no one (family and friends excluded) knows about....

Concussions are basically all that is ever discussed in post-NFL life for these players now. Even Brett Favre is suffering memory problems.

Those guys are treated as investments. As such they receive the BEST healthcare available, yearly tests/scans, etc. Stuff most people could never afford, even pro bodybuilders. Owners invest millions into one guy....so they are going to invest in keeping them as healthy as possible.

That and I doubt pro athletes are slamming grams upon grams of AAS alongside high doses of hgh, insulin, peptides, etc.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rpsly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws