over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How many calories you bulk on? (poll)

How many calories do you bulk on?

• Total voters

scottswald

Registered
I know it's not all about calories but lets have some fun so we can see how much food each other are using to achieve their physiques :)

I'm expecting some high numbers here from the monsters :headbang:

Never been one to count calories, but I'm sure I consume between 7-10k...when I'm "bulking".Certainly not all clean lol

Last edited:
Honestly I never count calories until maybe the last 8 weeks pre contest. All other times I just whatever I want.

Formula

For males: your present body weight x 22 + 2,000 calories minimum a day.
I also use MCT oil. It's 200 calories per table spoon and is not stored as fat.
You have to start off easy with it or it will give you the runs.
Norm1220 is right to be accurate you have to weigh your food.

Last edited:
For males: your present body weight x 22 + 2,000 calories minimum a day.
I also use MCT oil. It's 200 calories per table spoon and is not stored as fat.
You have to start off easy with it or it will give you the runs.
Norm1220 is right to be accurate you have to weigh your food.

Where did you get that formula? So at a minimum I need to be eating 6400 calories a day at 200lbs to bulk. I don't think I have ever even ate 5k calories in a day in my life. I would get fat as f even on grams of tren at 6500 calories. I have read 18-25 x lean body weight but never the extra 2k added. Seems excessive to me. But I guess everyone responds differently.

I'm starting at 4000 which is about maintaince for me then adding 200 or so every 2 weeks. Show and steady as I'm fucking sick of dieting and seem add muscle when dieting anyway and just get fat bulking. In about happy with size now though so stay lean and eat just enough to bring up weak points

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

Depends on how physically active I am... right now around 3000 a day is all I need.

Just finished up my bulk and I was at 3400 a day... a little more on the weekends...

Never been one to count calories, but I'm sure I consume between 7-10k...when I'm "bulking".Certainly not all clean lol

If you average 8500 calories, that's an enormous amount of food.

If you average 8500 calories, that's an enormous amount of food.

I would quit bulking and become anorexic if I had to eat 10k Calories..... I hated to eat what I did for bulking I was fine missing meals and I am pretty sure I was about 4500 calories and blah that was enough especially for being 100% clean calories.

I'm blessed with a pretty good metabolism as long as I manually keep it burning by eating every 2 hours or so. When I bulk I usually start at about 3,000 and increase my carbs and overall calories each week until i reach about 5,500 for the last 3 months of bulking. I bulk 6 months at a time and somehow stay pretty lean even with high carbs. I always eat clean tho

Most guys are overastimating cals they eat

I personally when bulking eat 6 meals 50g carbs 40-50g protein with added fats to 3-4 of those meals and have one 100-150g carb 30gbwhey hydro shake pwo so that comes to about 400-500g carbs 300g protein about 80-100g fats for a total 4000 kcals or so...thats more than enough for me to grow lean and stay in very good condition. But I do not use hgh,thyroid hormones,slin offseason
It is very easy diet when I try to get ripped too...I just remove my carb/whey shake pwo, remove fats from my meals and start eating 50g carbs 40-50g protein x6 times daily

I would quit bulking and become anorexic if I had to eat 10k Calories..... I hated to eat what I did for bulking I was fine missing meals and I am pretty sure I was about 4500 calories and blah that was enough especially for being 100% clean calories.

I eat 10k calories, on the Saturday of a contest, then for the next 2 days, and then it's back to maybe 5k, and that actually a lot of food.

just eat till my jaws tired or I fall asleep.
Still not more than 6000.
That mct does give you the runs. lol

Where did you get that formula? So at a minimum I need to be eating 6400 calories a day at 200lbs to bulk. I don't think I have ever even ate 5k calories in a day in my life. I would get fat as f even on grams of tren at 6500 calories. I have read 18-25 x lean body weight but never the extra 2k added. Seems excessive to me. But I guess everyone responds differently.

I contest prep at 5,100 cal and competed @ 206lb 5'7" body fat 6.5% but I biked 15miles in 1hr a day.
The swimmer Phelps ate 14,000 a day

I contest prep at 5,100 cal and competed @ 206lb 5'7" body fat 6.5% but I biked 15miles in 1hr a day.
The swimmer Phelps ate 14,000 a day

That's more than Dorian Yates dieted on when he competed at 160-170 lbs bone dry and grainy :confused:

Surprised by Shelby's response to the pole, expected more I guess?

I take in around 5.5k on training days and about 5k on non. I, however, have a very physical job and do 30 minutes of cardio on down days. Got a much better grip on it this time around.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws