over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Valentino is not so stupid IMO

Geoffke

Banned
I know the dude has some mental issues,
but I think it's pretty funny.
He gaves some advice on training.
Anyway here's the vid:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvitFh8A0zI]Gregg Valentino in a diner EXPELLING THE MYTHS - YouTube[/ame]

I remember seeing him in Bigger Stronger Faster...he certainly has a lot of self-awareness, and a great deal of reality too. I respect him for that, he doesn't bullshit you. Definitely not a fan of what he did with his physique (even if he realizes his "freak" arms are a way of getting paid), but again, respect to him for a great deal of knowledge...he may say it in a very blunt, blue-collared fashion, but to call him "stupid" would just be not bothering to listen to him lol.

And my favorite part of the video is how his entire rant was set to that background classical music :p

I always liked the rambling freak or whatever section in MD magazine

He hits the nail on the head about not doing stuff You don't feel...Ive been asked many times in My gym what "I do different or recommend" or whatever b/c guys waste hours in there, and don't see the results they want while I get in and get out

"You gotta make the muscle lift the weight."

If the muscle isn't lifting the weight when you lift; then what the hell is ?!

He is definitely entertaining and isn't worried about speaking his mind

you ever see dudes swinging the curl bar from their hips? you think the biceps are doing the work? think again.
if you are training biceps, train biceps...not your back, legs, shoulders and abs...ffs.

You're puzzled by that :confused: So many just lift a weight without controlling it. There is no mind-muscle connection. Moreover due to incorrect form or ego lifting they very commonly use various other muscles in the movement other than the target muscle.

I haven't paid attention to much of what he has said before, but I liked that... he tells it like it is. It is so true about feeling the movement and contraction. If you don't use exercise that you can truly feel and perform them in a way that truly stimulates the muscle, then what are you really doing?

If an exercise causes pain and you can perform it optimally, don't do it... listen to your body and do what works for you.

While I am not a fan of his physique from a bodybuilding standpoint, I do think he "tells it like it is". I also like reading his column the rambling freak in MD whenever I pick up an issue. He's a funny motherfucker!

You're puzzled by that :confused: So many just lift a weight without controlling it. There is no mind-muscle connection. Moreover due to incorrect form or ego lifting they very commonly use various other muscles in the movement other than the target muscle.

you ever see dudes swinging the curl bar from their hips? you think the biceps are doing the work? think again.
if you are training biceps, train biceps...not your back, legs, shoulders and abs...ffs.

You guys are apparently missing that I'm making fun of the way he says it.

If I gotta explain why down to detail it ruins all the fun.

I actually like the way his arms look. I'm hoping Elvia will make his calves look similar.

I actually like the way his arms look. I'm hoping Elvia will make his calves look similar.

Yeah my new goal is 25 inch calves :D

I am just about to post updated pics on my log ;)

You guys are apparently missing that I'm making fun of the way he says it.

If I gotta explain why down to detail it ruins all the fun.

It didn't sound like that and it still doesn't. I didn't watch the video but I did about 6 months ago and remember it had some good info in.

I have always liked him

uggh got one minute in and had to shut it off. Classic white trash LI D-bag. HE is what gives NY`ers a bad name, every other word is F-bomb. The only video he should do is how NOT to use synthol. I saw a video of him preacher curling a 50lb dumbbell once... REALLY?! That`s it, what a tool.

uggh got one minute in and had to shut it off. Classic white trash LI D-bag. HE is what gives NY`ers a bad name, every other word is F-bomb. The only video he should do is how NOT to use synthol. I saw a video of him preacher curling a 50lb dumbbell once... REALLY?! That`s it, what a tool.

Stereotyping Long Island and then claiming he gives New Yorkers a bad name in one sentence. You don't like the way he speaks so anything he says has no value or is irrelevant?

Nice

It's crazy the amount of people that don't know this already. Yea, I can bench 400lbs. But I sure as hell wouldn't be working chest.

It didn't sound like that and it still doesn't. I didn't watch the video but I did about 6 months ago and remember it had some good info in.

"The muscle".

Which muscle ? All muscle ?

I was under the impression one could not exert movement without using a muscle, or muscle tissue, therefor "making the muscle do the lift" is redundant.

Jezz.

Last edited:
He may be a freak, but he is very knowledgable about the sport. His comments on "powerlifting" are hilarious....

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws