advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

how many of you guys get deep tissue work?

Massive G

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
found this interesting...and painful :)
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4o0Qk73MZl0"]Nick Trigili's Chest Muscle's Expand!!!! - YouTube[/ame]

I have always been a big believer in it - but it is expensive and you have to also find a good therapist as well as keep up with it - because the adhesions come back rather quickly...

Wellllll...................I'm sure it works but regret watching it....

I get deep tissue work done locally at least a couple of times per month, it's a very important part of training. I've actually been considering a trip to see Jimmy myself, but he is very expensive from what I hear. It's probably worth every penny. He's done wonders for many high level national guys and IFBB pros around here.

well if your offering...yeah sure :D but no i havent.

found this interesting...and painful :)
Nick Trigili's Chest Muscle's Expand!!!! - YouTube

I have always been a big believer in it - but it is expensive and you have to also find a good therapist as well as keep up with it - because the adhesions come back rather quickly...

Ahhh Jimmy Bluff. Was going to start a thread about him and what he does. I'm trying to book a session with him when he visits NY in the spring. It's nearly impossible as he books up so fast.

I get ART 1-2 times a week and will be getting some rolfing done next week by an old client of mine I haven't seen in ages. It's more painful than what Jimmy does but the closest someone is going to get to Bluffs technique. Its $120 for 1/2hr.

He does muscle reconstruction and is super popular in the NY area an hour north of NYC.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

Just get a regular massage from a licenced practitioner and save yourself the thousands you'd blow per year/years. imo

Would be nice to have the cash to have him work on you several times a month.
Bout the only time i get deep tissue is when i have a injury .

It's really hard to justify the cost and finding the right therapist but a couple a month will do wonders for training/injury prevention.

I actually got worked on by Jimmy for an hour when he came to my state. I think he does very good work, but it isn't a one time heals all thing. Although I did feel better after an hour session, not everything was fixed. He definitely does know his stuff and he definitely works differently than everyone else, he has his own technique.

Edit:
It was 200 for an hour with Jimmy, however he pays for all airfare and travel himself, so you can really see why he charges that much. If his travel was covered by someone then his price would drop drastically I can assure you. Either way he is a good guy and really funny lol.

Last edited:
That jimmy bluff stuff is cool, not for $200 though. You cant do that 1-2x a year and be healed. All temporary. More like 1-2x a month maybe.

I always request "deep tissue" and try to get in for 90 min sessions. I have been through many massage therapists over the years and when you find a good one you stick with them.

Well I've posted about Jimmy before and I'm friends with him since he moved into cali I even have him come to my home and do huge days for him with 10 or so people. It really is crazy what he can do if your in cali and go to him at his house it's 150 an hr him and his wife are seriously the nicest people I've ever met. And flex he is worth every damn penny I've had about 8 hrs with him and am gonna go for another 3 or so hr ses very soon. And it doesn't hurt at all I know hard to believe. Have any questions fire away.

$50 a session at a local Massage Envy and if you ask they will tell you which therapist specializes in deep tissue. Just tell them what area to work on the most and I have to say along with the exercises I do for my rotator cuff problems, adding this has made it even better. Virtually no pain in my rotator cuff at all now. Can now do exercises I haven't been able to do for a few years. Worth the money.

I just got back from another Rolfing session and man he beat me up bad. Dug so deep where my past shoulder surgeries are and breaking up the scar tissue. I can barely lift my arm. By tomorrow it will still be sore but after a few days it's awesome.

He tells me he has to break up all the scar tissue as well as white tissue and get blood in there and the end result with be some new growth. He said guys who work out like me actually gain muscle just from what he does to them.... he also digs into my biceps and triceps which is so brutally painful but can notice some slight growth there as well.

He can already see my shoulders are noticeably wider. He digs so deep and rips up my pecs and well as literally rolls my traps back that it opens you up and puts you in the proper alignment.

Here's some good simple info on it: http://www.rolfingseattle.com/aboutfascia.html

Also a video here. Some fit chic with her Rolfer.
http://youtu.be/TMyz8Ybg-UE

As far as pain this is much different than what Jimmy Bluff does but somewhat similar. It fucking hurts worse than any pain ive ever had and I've had a camera scope stuck up my pee hole while I was awake many years ago. That's nothing compared to Rolfing pain. A fitness girl I know went to him as well and she said it was way more painful than any pregnancy she's had lol. But she too loves going.

But now that I've gone to like 6 sessions the pain is cut down in half. Then that crazy fucker just pushes harder on me. It's worth the pain.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

I only get it every so often I wish I could do it more, but don't always have the extra $.
I do go to a chiro who does dry needling, also very effective for opening up muscles...painful too, she even drew blood last time.

Everybody on here should be doing it. It's the key to ultimate muscle growth, recovery AND long term life and health benefits. All your adhesions will add up and you will end up with fibromyalgia issues and postural disturbances, not to mention lack of mobility and chronic pain and nerve issues (think impingement of nerves from adhesions).

I highly recommend everyone foam roll and use a lacrosse ball, but ultimately, have a practitioner perform the deep tissue work on a weekly basis. Yes it's expensive, but so is nerve ablation surgery, disc fusion surgery, etc etc etc.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws