over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Pre-Contest Hair Removal!

Chemically Engineered

Registered
What do you guys use and when and how!

Is it possible to just use a hair outliner to shave the hair off as thin as possible morning of the first coat of tan? If you have very sensitive skin and break out everything you shave or wax?

I shave.
Tried nair 2 weeks ago and ended up with chemical burns that was evident that weekend at the show AND it didn't get rid of the hair fully so still had to shave!

What I am wondering is if to shave tomorrow (Thursday) like I did last time or tonight for Saturdays show....

I shave.
Tried nair 2 weeks ago and ended up with chemical burns that was evident that weekend at the show AND it didn't get rid of the hair fully so still had to shave!

What I am wondering is if to shave tomorrow (Thursday) like I did last time or tonight for Saturdays show....

Im trying to avoid shaving... And nair I dont want to chance. I have super sensitive skin, and always get huge ingrown hairs and break outs following a shave. So I figure find a really good hair buzzer and get it as close as possible.

Get one of these...**broken link removed**
I love mine, never competed but I'm pretty sure that it would get it close enough

I shave.

Im trying to avoid shaving... And nair I dont want to chance. I have super sensitive skin, and always get huge ingrown hairs and break outs following a shave. So I figure find a really good hair buzzer and get it as close as possible.

I have the same issue and get ingrown hairs and tend to break out...

I tried the nair and it was NASTY! In some areas it did not remove the hair properly and in some it gave me the chemical burns Cornelius talks about... Not to mention it smells like shit and makes you feel like you were bathed in sewage lol

I am interested in this thread as I would like a better, cost effective alternative to a manual razor.... the body groomer looks good...

I've also been looking for an alternative as even nair gives me ingrown hairs and acne. The body groomers work but sometimes the stubble is irritating.

With Nair you need to build up a tolerance. If you can handle the pain then I've had some permanent result with waxing... but shaving down to a stuble if Def the way to go imo

With Nair you need to build up a tolerance. If you can handle the pain then I've had some permanent result with waxing... but shaving down to a stuble if Def the way to go imo

That is painful. I admit, when it comes to that, Im a wuss.

I use hairclipper set at lowest setting,then soak in hot bath for 20 mintues and use a shaving gel with a good razor th shave.Have minimum problem from this.

i wax every month and a half and i wax every inch in my body and yes even my ass and balls

Try Veet. Its a hair removal cream that works great. I also had reactions to nair. With Veet, rub it on, let sit for 5 min., wipe it off with warm towel. I haven't had any bad reactions to Veet but if you leave it on too long, it will begin to burn.

Last edited:
For a show, trimming probably won't work. Part of the tan is shaving before hand so your skin has that dry rubbery feel, then your pores soak up the tan. I haven't done it, but I think using clippers and not shaving all the way could leave you with a blurred hazy look on stage.

My suggestion is to use clippers on the lowest setting all the way up to show. Then shave immediately before your base coat of tan. Hair won't have time to grow and become in grown before the show, and any acne that it causes won't show enough to effect judging.

When I was competing, I used clippers year round for the same reason, but always shave down all the way for a show.

For a show, trimming probably won't work. Part of the tan is shaving before hand so your skin has that dry rubbery feel, then your pores soak up the tan. I haven't done it, but I think using clippers and not shaving all the way could leave you with a blurred hazy look on stage.

My suggestion is to use clippers on the lowest setting all the way up to show. Then shave immediately before your base coat of tan. Hair won't have time to grow and become in grown before the show, and any acne that it causes won't show enough to effect judging.

When I was competing, I used clippers year round for the same reason, but always shave down all the way for a show.

Your 100% right... Found this out last night. Wound up shaving and getting it all off totally.

use a liner clipper first... then go over it with Wahl Super Shaver... just like barbers do on a bald fade... just skip the straight razor after that

just trim it short and then shave...i usually start a couple weeks out though just to make sure I do not get any weird skin rashes/bumps

Try Veet. Its a hair removal cream that works great. I also had reactions to nair. With Veet, rub it on, let sit for 5 min., wipe it off with warm towel. I haven't had any bad reactions to Veet but if you leave it on too long, it will begin to burn.

Anyone else try veet before?

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner