advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Lasik eye surgery.. anybody here had it ?

cauthen96

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Registered
So Im 33 and I have been wearing contacts for 20 years and the shit is getting old. and the price of lasik has come down drastically over the last few years..

Im a -6.5 and anyone who knows vision knows thats almost blind..

Just curious if anyone here has had it, what your vision was prior to it, vision post surgery, and how you would rate the experience?

Thanks
Cauthen

I had it done years ago when I was in my early 20's. In retrospect I should have waited. My eyes were both perfect after the surgery but they have gotten worse in the last few years. Not as bad as they were to begin with, but noticeable. They were both -3.00 before surgery, 20/20 after. Haven't been back to see what they are now though.

It's worth every penny. Contacts would irritate the life out of me and glasses were even worse. It's miraculous to wake up and just be able to see. At 33 I think you're old enough not to worry about your eyes continuing to decline anymore until you get much older. Go for it.

Damn you started at 13? Im thinking of getting it done too, my eyesight is probably a tad worse then yours lol. I think technology has improved vastly over the years.

Pharm fed, since it has regressed can you get laser done again or there is nothing you can do?

Yeah bro I wore glassed from like 6 years old and at 13 got contacts.. been wearing ever since.. and they seldom bother me but when they do it completely shuts me down..

Damn you started at 13? Im thinking of getting it done too, my eyesight is probably a tad worse then yours lol. I think technology has improved vastly over the years.

Pharm fed, since it has regressed can you get laser done again or there is nothing you can do?

I think I can have surgery performed again, but probably only once. I'm 31 now, so probably soon. Wanted to make sure I didn't have the surgery and then my eyes just get worse again. I think they've stabilized now though.

I had it done 15 years ago, the day after my vision was 20-15.
At my last doctors visit my vision was.................20-15.

I do need reading glasses now though.........

best money ever spent

Hey bro
had it done 9 years ago ....1800 for both eyes with lifetime enhancement if needed, I've not needed anything additional....can see 20/15 still with no issues at night....procedure was done in 10 mins and could see perfectly immediately after ....eyes were "dry" for a day after due to blocking your tear ducts, just use the drops you get as prescribed....good luck

Hey bro
had it done 9 years ago ....1800 for both eyes with lifetime enhancement if needed, I've not needed anything additional....can see 20/15 still with no issues at night....procedure was done in 10 mins and could see perfectly immediately after ....eyes were "dry" for a day after due to blocking your tear ducts, just use the drops you get as prescribed....good luck

Glad to hear that bro.. what was your vision pre surgery?

I had to have PRK bc my eyes were to bad to even enlist in Airborne lol... my contacts were like -6 and -6.5... the PRK is preferred over lasik if you are into anything with contact or pressure changes.... Lasik cuts a flap, prk just shaves the top of the eye... had it about 8 years ago... one eye is still perfect, the other i need to have tweaked again(its not bad tho, just not perfect).... this is one of the things I'm really glad i spent my doe on... i had contacts from very young

I had to have PRK bc my eyes were to bad to even enlist in Airborne lol... my contacts were like -6 and -6.5... the PRK is preferred over lasik if you are into anything with contact or pressure changes.... Lasik cuts a flap, prk just shaves the top of the eye... had it about 8 years ago... one eye is still perfect, the other i need to have tweaked again(its not bad tho, just not perfect).... this is one of the things I'm really glad i spent my doe on... i had contacts from very young

Never even heard of PRk..will def look into that

Had PRK a few weeks ago. Life-changing, do not regret it at all. Could not see or read anything without it being blurry with no contacts or glasses, now I can see great. $2400 per eye, discount for first responders (fire dept) brought it down to $3680 total from $4800.

Not sure about PRK actually being more recommended than LASIK. PRK is recommended for younger guys that may need additional work on their eyes in the future. It's also performed, in my case, for people with thin corneas. PRK operates on the surface of the eye therefore it takes around 5 days for recovery. LASIK they cut a flap and operate under it, and the flap lays over it acting as a bandage speeding the recovery process.

Not sure about PRK actually being more recommended than LASIK. PRK is recommended for younger guys that may need additional work on their eyes in the future. It's also performed, in my case, for people with thin corneas. PRK operates on the surface of the eye therefore it takes around 5 days for recovery. LASIK they cut a flap and operate under it, and the flap lays over it acting as a bandage speeding the recovery process.

i went for consultations at several places and they all told me bc i kick boxed and was signing an infantry airborne army contract that the PRK was the way to go... They said that with pressure, like a punch, or scuba diving/parachuting that the flap can become damaged and the PRK "shaving" is safer... was like 8 years ago, so maybe things have changed idk... i also got 0 interest for a year credit plan which was awesome(on top of the fact my buddies GF worked at the LasikPlus center here and i got additional 20% off)... wound up costing me only like $2400 or something for both eyes.... i see it advertised now for like only 1g an eye some places... RAND eye institute back then wanted ~8k :eek:

i went for consultations at several places and they all told me bc i kick boxed and was signing an infantry airborne army contract that the PRK was the way to go... They said that with pressure, like a punch, or scuba diving/parachuting that the flap can become damaged and the PRK "shaving" is safer... was like 8 years ago, so maybe things have changed idk... i also got 0 interest for a year credit plan which was awesome(on top of the fact my buddies GF worked at the LasikPlus center here and i got additional 20% off)... wound up costing me only like $2400 or something for both eyes.... i see it advertised now for like only 1g an eye some places... RAND eye institute back then wanted ~8k :eek:

That's a good deal; I got 30% off. The place I went is really good, said to be the innovators of the surgery as the original owner is the one that went to Russia, learned the procedure, and brought it back. Haha. The 3rd and 4th day post PRK fucking SUCKED though. Just stinging pain in middle of the night, but probably my fault for not keeping myself adequately hydrated.

I also got a 0% financing plan over 24 months.

I had it last year and LOVE it.

Went from 20/60 to 20/15.

0% for 2 years plan ($1850 per eye)

I also had PRK while in the service and I would do it again in a heartbeat. My vision was around 20/200 and after a couple months it was 20/15. Today my vision stands around 20/20 and I have slight vision problems at night but it's still one of the best things I've ever done for myself.

If you aren't jumping out of planes or getting punched in the face for a living Lasik is totally the way to go!

I had the surgery about 12 years ago. One of the best things I ever did. My vision is still good today. I do have issues at night however, especially driving. This seems to be due to glare from headlights.

Few questions, because my son has glasses, he turns 6 next month. How old do you need to be to get treatment done?

Also my wife says the laser treatment can only help one type of disorder, either far sighted or near sighted, is this true?

Funny this thread popped up I been thinking alot about it lately, Id like him to get it done his vision in one eye is VERY bad, I think they said -20 I cant remember now.

Looks like 21 is minimum age....poor guy.

Any of you guys with sight issues when you were younger, did you ever have to wear an eye patch and did you feel it helped at all?

Yes I did it at 24 back in March 2010. My contact lens prescription was -2.75 in both eyes.

The video they made me watch said you should be 25 at least but they let me do it at 24.

Best money I ever spent. I think it was $4,500 total if I'm not forgetting. Painless procedure that took ten minutes. Your eyes burn and tear the rest of the day but a day later, you are good. Never had side effects.

I will likely need reading glasses when I get older. It only corrects either near or far sightedness.

Last edited:

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner