over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The True Meaning of Christmas

Mini Truck

Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
The True Meaning of Christmas

It’s Christmas time once again, the perfect time to remind ourselves and others of the true meaning of Christmas. Put aside the shopping and parties, the boxes and bags, the gifts and the bows, and remember that God himself came into this world to save all those who would believe. And His name was Jesus, meaning Savior, because He would save the world from sin.

As we celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ, I could not think of a better “true meaning of Christmas” speech than that delivered by Linus of Charlie Brown fame.

Charlie Brown: "Isn’t there anyone, who knows what Christmas is all about?!

Linus: "Sure Charlie Brown, I can tell you what Christmas is all about. Lights please?"

"And there were in the same country shepherds, abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them! And they were sore afraid. And the angel said unto them, “Fear not! For, behold, I bring you tidings o great joy, which shall be to all my people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ, the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you: Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.” And suddenly, there was with the angel a multitude of the Heavenly Host praising God, and saying, “Glory to God in the Highest, and on Earth peace, and good will toward men".

That’s what Christmas is all about, Charlie Brown.

Blessing to All!

-MT

Attachments

• linus.jpg
    linus.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 341
God Bless brother!

Merry Christmas everyone!

AMEN, without Christ there is NO Christmas

Agree,people are try to take Christ out though.Examples Happy Holidays,Merry Xmas.Try to find a nativity scene for outside decoration.

Ughh I hate it when ppl say merry xmas lol! It takes 2 seconds extrea to type Christmas

AMEN, without Christ there is NO Christmas

I don't like to debate religion and I know in this forum we don't debate politics or religion but a quick read thru a few history books and you will see Jesus never had anything to do with Christmas in the first place , the Romans tried to "christianize" their pagan festival called Saturnalia, to make Christianity appeal to the masses they picked the 25th of December and labeled it Jesus's birthday. So there IS christmas without Jesus, it's more of a commercial thing nowadays they religion.

I don't like to debate religion and I know in this forum we don't debate politics or religion but a quick read thru a few history books and you will see Jesus never had anything to do with Christmas in the first place , the Romans tried to "christianize" their pagan festival called Saturnalia, to make Christianity appeal to the masses they picked the 25th of December and labeled it Jesus's birthday. So there IS christmas without Jesus, it's more of a commercial thing nowadays they religion.

That story isn't true. Saturnalia runs from 12/17-23. The reason that we celebrate Jesus' birthday on 12/25 is because Hippolytus was charged with coming up with the day to celebrate Christ's birth for the Roman Calender. It is widely accepted, since ~the first century, that Christ died on 3/25. Now in Talmudic tradition, a "righteous man" dies on the same day that he's born so considering a human takes 9 months to gestate he simply added 9 months from the date of Jesus' death and came up with 12/25 as the date of birth.

In fact, many believe that Sol Invictus holiday was created to make a pagan holiday that coincided with the Christian holiday. Not the other way around.

Last edited:
Merry Christmas, MT! I spent the first 58 years of my life in the North East, where Christmas means snow, cold, fires in the fireplace. The last two years I have spent in South Florida. I now realize that Christmas is in the heart! With Christ, you always have Christmas no matter where you live.

I'm humble, but proud to profess my faith during this time.
I'm very glad that there are people on this forum that share love for Christ and Christmas.
Merry xmas.

Oh please...

Say Merry Christmas if you want, but don't discuss Religion here.

Happy Holidays !

Thad why it's Christmas , Jesus christ birth day no more no less the rest is just
To make money boost the economy but yes Jesus is the reason for Christmas season

Great post mini truck as usual it truly is great to see a lot of the members on this board beleive and give thanks

MERRY CHRISTMAS (CHRIST) i am not all that religious but during this day i respect it for what it is worth and who are !

Great post MiniTruck,Respect!:cool:

Amen! Great post, glad to see other Christian brothers on here💪

Thad why it's Christmas , Jesus christ birth day no more no less the rest is just
To make money boost the economy but yes Jesus is the reason for Christmas season

unfortunately you are correct ,cause when my parents where young ,because one part was spending time with family and exchange a gift.Not PlayStation 4 ,plus 37 gifts on one child's list.
My buddy played Santa and after hours of wants which would cost their dad and moms thousands.
A girl about 7 sit on his lap and told him that she wanted was all the other boys and girls who where hungry to get to eat a meal with their mommy and daddy!
After he went into detail with her ,her dad left her mommy and her mommy was losing her place cause she was out of work!

Now i am no saint but i heard this i contacted a old employer who owned a multi millon dollar Food Warehouse .They contacted the girls mother and gave her $500.00 certificate for any food in one of the grocery stores they supplied!
I thought this is the meaning of giving!
Just so happened they got her mommy a job at a store and loaned her without interest to get her rent caught up!
True story and i will say this, they said the little child thanked the owner for helping her mom as well her brother and her!'
They told her that Santa told me and i called them to ask them to help
She drew me a picture and said thank you ,i love you and god bless you!

Not being that religious ,i was so happy that all help this family!''
I have the colored picture on my fridge!
One other thing,i am more happy than than anybody else could ever get me!

I know it sounds like a tale of a Christmas movie!
Back to reality,my oldest wants me to pay $3k to help with a down payment on a car
My youngest wants his third PC in 4 years:rolleyes:

Oh please...

Say Merry Christmas if you want, but don't discuss Religion here.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas"]Christmas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

I don't know about you guys, but I feel better to give people gift's then ever get one. I consider this day a day to remember how much you are blessed and have better life then some countries. This year I got married to a girl 1/2 a world away. She has a daughter who would of have the same rough life as her. I have the opportunity to make her life better. To work hard and give her more of a decent life then my wife and me ever had growing up.

This and I have 2 wonderful children who are a blessing of GOD. Life will not always feel the best, but it sure will feel better when you look at it with knowledge and learn from it too mould your life into being a better person. I have another year to live, I am not poor, I have a wonderful, good looking wife, 3 children who fill my heart will joy. Thank you Jesus for making my life wonderful and I will always knowledge you are the reason I have this wonderful life.

Merry Christmas and GOD bless all, wether you believe or not. I will always care about human life and learn about other cultures to expand my understanding of all.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member