advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Are you open with your doc about your AAS use?

SemiIntense

Registered
So here's another one since no longer natty, I get a yearly physical.... it's still half a year away but already got me thinking. For starters, even as a natural, I already get drilled about whether I'm on gear, mainly because I've been working out forever and have always had a few blemishes even before my teens.

Clearly within six months my weight is going to be a dead giveaway that something is up, and obviously my test is going to come back through the roof if I'm in the middle of a blast, even on a cruise it's going to likely be above normal.

My reasoning for wanting to keep it on the low is I've heard they can talk to insurance which can in turn not only raise your rates but really screw you over in the long run if you were to become ill or a similar event.

I'll only be on test, I've really been considering just cruising down to a true TRT dose (80-100mg) about 3-4 weeks prior and hoping this brings me down into a normal range.

If it does come back, say above 1500 or whatever the cut-off is (i believe it only goes up to a certain amount on the lab reports?) will the question usually come up or is it one of those Alistair Overeem things you can just "i've been eating a lot of horse meat" BS your way out of?

Im sure you can b.s. it some how. Possibly say you're takimg a natural test booster from GNC or something like that.

No test booster will even come close to those levels. I've never had a doctor pull a hormone panel on me. It usually has to be requested or orders by yourself. Yearly physicals only pull CMP. I just had one. If you're on a heavy cycle and not taking the proper precautions those numbers can be off. Your red blood cells could be high. Just lower your dose leading up to it and donate blood regularly. I doubt you have anything to worry about.

If it does come back, say above 1500 or whatever the cut-off is (i believe it only goes up to a certain amount on the lab reports?) will the question usually come up

the question won't come up, because they will know.

having said that, im open with my doctors about my use....I figure they'll need to know in case of an emergency situation.

I'll just be doing blasts of 500mg test only (and an ai), cruising at 200mg. Plan on donating blood quarterly through the year.... i don't think anything would throw up any red flags to order more testing, i'm not an IIFYM guy and am more into health than I am bodybuilding these days.... for some reason I always thought a routine physical included a hormone panel though, maybe I was wrong.

I'll just be doing blasts of 500mg test only (and an ai), cruising at 200mg. Plan on donating blood quarterly through the year.... i don't think anything would throw up any red flags to order more testing, i'm not an IIFYM guy and am more into health than I am bodybuilding these days.... for some reason I always thought a routine physical included a hormone panel though, maybe I was wrong.

No, a routine physical never includes hormone panel, I wish they did. I've been having a physical every year for 15 years and my PCP never does them. They don't want to spend the money. Unless you say something is wrong in that department, and even then they will likely send you to an Endo. Like Giants83 said you have no worries on this.

My dr. questioned me regarding my 30 pound weight gain since my last physical. She acted as if it was a bad thing assuming it was fat (it was winter and I had a large coat on so you could really tell by looking at me). When I told her it was all muscle she did come give me a strange look but then just moved on. I don't see any reason to divulge any information to my doctor. It just doesn't seem like anything good could come of it. I'm sure I would've at least gotten a lecture.

I wish I could have a Dr. I could be open and honest with. I'm hoping to find insurance that will cover it again. It would be nice to get pharm grade good ole American Testosterone and Adex. A Dr. like Rand McClain who supports 500mg to 600mg a week of Cypionate while eliminating estrogen. How cool :D

Not telling you what to do, but as much as you might trust your DR., if it goes into your medical records you could be screwed. Do not believe anyone that tells you your medical records are private. They are full of shit.

Fuck no, if he/she writes that down.... insurance companies will charge you multiple times more, and could deny serving you

Never admit! unless you really know the doc

MY doctor did a full work up as I wanted to make sure I was in good health and had good gear. she came back and asked if I took supplements. I told her, she gave me the doctor I don't recommend you do it and here is why but said I was a big boy and we'll monitor my bloods.

I didn't have a choice because of a health issue. I would never tell my cardiologist or my endo I went back on though. I wish Dr. Serrano wasn't in Ohio so I could be one of his patients.

I'm lucky. My doc knows and helps me control the side efects from it....cholestrol and BP for example. Of course she always has her warning talk but knows people will do what they are gonna do and its her job to help me.

I'm lucky. My doc knows and helps me control the side efects from it....cholestrol and BP for example. Of course she always has her warning talk but knows people will do what they are gonna do and its her job to help me.

Wish I had a doc like that...... I've been getting lectured even while completely natural. I've even been lectured about lifting too much and how it's not good for you..... imagine if I admitted to test now.

I told my doctor and asked to get a hormonal panel done. He said anytime I want blood work, just set up a visit and he will authorize it. Although, since the finding of privateMD labs, it is cheaper and more confidential to just go through them.

My advice, ask some known users in the gym who their doctor is. I asked around and found that my current doctor was the doctor of a local IFBB pro and some other bodybuilders.

If you don't trust your doctor, ask them if what you tell them is really confidential.

I see a pain management doc but other then that havent seen a regular doc in about 10 years now. Long as im not in pain, I dont want to know if anything else is wrong

I was in the hospital with a good chance of dying so I spilled the beans. Never had any problems with insurance since then, but every other dr I've seen has commented on it. So once it goes in ur file, it stays for everyone to see.

my doc checked my levels once and called me concerned, asked what i was taking I told him some test booster from GNC. He was like WHAT really, bring it in I would love to see what is in it. I never did LOL

I prob wouldnt mention anything until something is wrong or something is serious with your health. otherwise its none of their business unless you want to listen to them preach about all the side effects.........

last time it came up with my doc, i looked at him, told him to close the file he was holding, which was my medical file, and said "lets talk off the record"

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws