advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How long do you trust cooked meat in fridge?

kinglewy

Banned
Just wondering how long certain meats can stay in the fridge after cooking and still be good?

Been on a ground turkey kick lately and I make mon-fri meals all on Sunday. Not sure if that is too long or not.

Chicken I only store for 2 days max, no real reason just dont trust it longer than that.

Beef I will go 4-5 days.

Fish I never store.

How long do you guys cook meat in advance?

I've gone as long as 7 days with everything. Everything gets the smell test. I sometimes have no time during the week so I'll prep on Sunday and finish everything up on Saturday. Beef, chicken, turkey, hard boiled eggs, pasta.

I'm the and way. Fish I'll eat the next day only. Everything else I'm good for 5 days

I cook enough on sunday to last me a week . Never had anything go bad .

My wife and I usually cook meat 3 to 5 days out, but Ive eaten stuff week old. No problems yet.

I work in the restaurant biz and I'm also ServSafe certified and the general rule is you can reheat cooked food to 165 degrees F up to 7 days after initial cook. I've noticed anything past that and my meat starts to smell a little sour or stale. Is it spoiled? Probably not but with the amount of food I eat I would rather not mess with it.

If the restaurant industry says 7 days when reheated you could prolly even push it a lil farther. Since you don't have to worry about suing yourself...

I do 7 days every week. It's my normal. Chicken and beef.

Why not freeze it after uve cooked it? I cook all my meat like this, sundays are cookin days and freezin days, then thru out the week grab a tub outa the freezer and ur g2g

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive been storing food for 7 days in the frig for years never had an issue.
i think anything over 7 days is pushing although i have done it before

I cook steak about 2-3 days in advance, but I prefer it fresh. I never store fish these days.

7 days is normal, 5 days if you want to be super safe, anything less is wasteful.

having been in the hospital for several days due to food poison, shit isn't pretty at all, i'm very paranoid about meats. I only cook up enough meat to be in the fridge for a max of 2 days. I see guys saying 5+ days, fine and dandy, but my paranoia regarding meat won't allow me to do that.

I keep cooked chicken & rice in the fridge for 5-7 days, never had any stomach problems.

I cook off all my food that I take to work once ew. It's separated into sealed Tupperware containers and keeps for 7 days. I been doing it this way for years

I prepare my food 3 times per week (turkey, chicken, and fish) and most gets ate within a few days. I have gone up to a week at times with no problem. Everything I stored and sealed well in containers and I don't have a problem with a week.

having been in the hospital for several days due to food poison, shit isn't pretty at all, i'm very paranoid about meats. I only cook up enough meat to be in the fridge for a max of 2 days. I see guys saying 5+ days, fine and dandy, but my paranoia regarding meat won't allow me to do that.

Same, 2 days max for me too.

I just did what centopani did in one of his vids. Cook your meat. Buy a vacuum sealer. Weigh your meat, vacuum seal it and throw it in the deep freezer. Good all week and the seasoning marinates. Win, win.

I just did what centopani did in one of his vids. Cook your meat. Buy a vacuum sealer. Weigh your meat, vacuum seal it and throw it in the deep freezer. Good all week and the seasoning marinates. Win, win.
Bingo. One of the best things I've done for meal prep!

I don't fuck around with meat at all.. 1 day uncooked or 2 days cooked and its eaten or fed to the dogs

Offseason I'll cook my food every Sunday. As I near a competition I'm scared to get sick so I'll cook Sun/Wed.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131