YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Little different... I want to get smaller...

tri-terror

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I wrote a whole bunch of shit and erased it lol.

Look, I'm 37 and I have a bunch of muscle but I'm also much fatter than I'd like to be.
I want/need a lifestyle change for a while. I need to clean my diet up, permanently, I need to do more cardio, and I've cut back on gear, but maybe I need to cut back more.

Any recomendations?
I'm 5'11", about 255 right now, probably 18%BF. maybe more, who cares it's almost irrelevant, I'm fatter than I want to be period and bigger than I want to be right now.

I'd like to get down to 220, maybe less and be lean, mobile, healthy. I don't need a "diet" per say, I need to change my dietary habits period. I'm leaning towards doing low carbs on M-F, not counting calories but limiting carbs to 50g a day or less and focusing on meat and veggies. Kinda anabolic diet or paleo style, and relaxing a bit on the weekends.

Probably weight train 3 days a week to keep some muscle but focus more on the pump and higher reps although still training hard.

I've always liked riding bicycles, both road and MTB, so I'm thinking about getting new mountain bike and riding as much as I can.

Thoughts?

eat clean, lift hard and heavy with good form for 4 days a week. keep the aas.

eat at a minor deficit. don't slack on the weekends.. that's a recipe for failure.

by your estimate on your BF level, if you were to drop into sub 10% range, you would lose over 20lbs.. since it seems that most people are (way) fatter than they estimate, you would probably lose more.

lose the fat and keep the muscle..

My thinking has been similar...just taking care of myself better!but staying around 250 or so...i was 256 today...but nutrition,training,and cardio getting alot better..less gear and spending more time with my little girl outside playing!:)

Weight train 3 days per week.
Drop muscle adding drugs (stay on hrt if you're on that obviously).
Just eat less overall....less protein along with less fat and carbs.

It's not that hard to get leaner and smaller it just takes a change of mind set.
Stop thinking " I need to get 50g protein in it's been 3 hours" instead grab a small snack that will sustain you for a few more hours.

I did it a few years ago.
The size only really came off when I stopped eating like a bb.
As long as I kept doing some weight training I kept a lot of muscle.

Like LS said. Eat a minor deficit and don't get crazy on weekends. Id still allow for one nice cheat meal, maybe Sat night with wife & kids.
I don't see a reason to go that low with carbs, don't think you need anabolic / keto diet.

Thanks for the input guys. You are probably right. No definitely right. No need to be extreme, I just need to keep calories lower and eat a healthy balanced diet most of the time.

You think 250mg sustanon every 7 to 10 days is too much? I'm not prescribed HRT but someday I'm sure I will. Ive been blasting and cruising for years now and like I said I'm 37.

I feel like if I dropped 40lbs Id be about where I want...

Just change your thinking. Do fun cardio without worrying about doing too much...boxing/cycling/whatever you enjoy. Get outdoors.

Eat less meals and smaller. I'd keep test at 150mg per week IMO.

Don't be afraid to have a healthy homemade sandwich for lunch, some almonds for snack, shake for breakfast etc.

Definitely still train with weights 3-4 days a week just be active on a daily basis and stop obsessing like a bodybuilder.

Thanks for the input guys. You are probably right. No definitely right. No need to be extreme, I just need to keep calories lower and eat a healthy balanced diet most of the time.

You think 250mg sustanon every 7 to 10 days is too much? I'm not prescribed HRT but someday I'm sure I will. Ive been blasting and cruising for years now and like I said I'm 37.

200-250 with a smart diet and lots of biking will get you where you want, while feeling good and recover from the gym and cardio. Keep diet at or under 3000 calories and enjoy.

if you can't go pro on that much gear, you should really look for a different hobby.

Who is going pro on 250mg a week?

Who is going pro on 250mg a week?
My thoughts exactly!

I'm also 37 made a change like you're talking about in January. I'm not nearly as big as you but I stopped obsessing about being big dropped gear to 150mg test E a week and have better stamina and feel better in general. I need to be around for my kids as they grow up and, I still look better than 95% of the population.

lil slice was trolling you and you fell for out...

I just got done doing legs so bear with me if I start to ramble lol

I'm was in the same boat as you are now Tri-Terror. I'm 6'1" and was weighing in around 250-255 and it was not pretty.

The first thing I did was change my daily habits, i.e. morning fasted cardio 6 times a week. After dragging my ass out of bed everyday nice and early for a month it just became routine. Now I feel like crap if I skip a day and it's really become a staple in my habits.

Next I started to phase out all the shit food and really scaled down my carb intake. Now I only take in carbs pre, intra, and post w/o. Every other meal is fats, protein, and lots of veggies. Though occasionally on the weekends I do indulge in one or two small carb meals if I'm feeling run down.

As for training, I still train hard and heavy but I only do it 4 days a week. And as for aas/gh/peptides...well I've been doing this completely drug free. Make no mistake though, this shit sucks lol

Its been about 3 months now doing this and it's been a long and slow process, but I'm down to a solid 235 and my abs are really coming in. I really don't think I would have been successful if I had not down this one thing at a time and really slowly. I feel that because I took my time and did this step by step I have created a new "normal" for my life and it is alot healthier.

But that's just my personal experience, hope it helps Tri and I wish the best of luck!

You have gotten some good advice. Here is my 2 cents.

50 gams of carbs? Not sustainable. I am like you, I have plenty of muscle, just want to be as fit and healthy as possible.

We need to look at 3 things: Diet, training, and metabolism/drugs.

First, just clean up your diet. I was eating 5k calories a day since forever and was about 15% bodyfat. I just cleaned things up a bit and have dropped 5 lbs in 2.5 weeks.

Yes, some people need lower carbs, but I loose fat if I stay under 500 grams.

250 protein. I usually eat 130 grams of fat, but that is down under 100.

The key is my training and metabolism. We always study gear and GH, but you need to look at your TSH (Thyroid Stimulating Hormone). In my experience, people with fast metabolisms have good numbers, people who don't...

The lower your TSH number, the faster your metabolism. The range is 1 to 3.8.

It used to be 1-5, but endocrinologists agreed in 2002 that anything over 3.8needs treatment. Honestly, were mine over 3 I would supplement T4 (T3 can be very tricky....I only use it for shows).

Mine is 1.78, that is why I eat like a pig and am only 10 lbs overweight. It is also because of the way I train.

The recommendation of boxing or other martial arts is excellent.

Don't believe the bullshit that low intensity burns more fat. There were some studies that showed that lower intensity cardio burned a higher ratio of fat to carbs, but it is just a rationalization that people use to be lazy. High intensity will burn way way more carbs/fat etc. and your metabolism will crank through the calories for the next 2-3 hours.

Plus, studies have show that the ability to withstand higher intensity is directly linked to longevity. Lets get real: How many bodybuilders die of a heart attack in their 40s? Why did Helio Gracie live into his 90's. He still rolled into his late 80's.

Martial arts are great because they are HIT and way more fun than the treadmill.

Change your training. I train at 2 gyms (and 2 dojos).

I go to a big box gym were I pull a ton of clients. I go to a small gym to train because it is empty.

Reduce the time you rest between sets completely. I do a set, re-wrap and do another. I take about 10 seconds max. I will hit back and traps, 19 sets in 14 minutes. Then, I will hit a set of bent over laterals, do a set of abs, run over to the treadmill and clock 2 minutes. I stay over 85% of my max heart rate the whole time. Back and forth...workout takes 35 minutes.

Sometimes I superset weights for 15 minutes, then work the bag striking for 15 minutes.

This routine is not for a beginner. But you have probably spent many years training heavy and basic. I did so for over 25 years.

The crazy thing is I have not lost any size, I actually look fuller.

Finally, gear. I do 400 a week of either test, mast, or test mast blend. No more.

I am on this amount 9-10 months of the year. I run low dose GH, 1.5 to 2 iu's a day. I never go off GH, except for a month of MK-677 every 5 months. Keep your IGF-1 at high normal. I had to cut back because the Grey Tops put me way over.

Good luck to you!

Last edited:
Good ideas cortisol! I'd actually LOVE to start training martial arts, but finding the time workimg nights is hard. Jujitsu or aikido would be great.

I just got done doing legs so bear with me if I start to ramble lol

I'm was in the same boat as you are now Tri-Terror. I'm 6'1" and was weighing in around 250-255 and it was not pretty.

The first thing I did was change my daily habits, i.e. morning fasted cardio 6 times a week. After dragging my ass out of bed everyday nice and early for a month it just became routine. Now I feel like crap if I skip a day and it's really become a staple in my habits.

Next I started to phase out all the shit food and really scaled down my carb intake. Now I only take in carbs pre, intra, and post w/o. Every other meal is fats, protein, and lots of veggies. Though occasionally on the weekends I do indulge in one or two small carb meals if I'm feeling run down.

As for training, I still train hard and heavy but I only do it 4 days a week. And as for aas/gh/peptides...well I've been doing this completely drug free. Make no mistake though, this shit sucks lol

Its been about 3 months now doing this and it's been a long and slow process, but I'm down to a solid 235 and my abs are really coming in. I really don't think I would have been successful if I had not down this one thing at a time and really slowly. I feel that because I took my time and did this step by step I have created a new "normal" for my life and it is alot healthier.

But that's just my personal experience, hope it helps Tri and I wish the best of luck!
I like how you did one thing at a time to mind if phase yourself into the new lifestyle. I don't think morning cardio six days a week is going to feasible for me, but I def need to do some. Hoping to pick up a bike this weekend. Once I get in a little better condition I will probably ride 10 miles a day or more. I love it.

My thoughts exactly!

I'm also 37 made a change like you're talking about in January. I'm not nearly as big as you but I stopped obsessing about being big dropped gear to 150mg test E a week and have better stamina and feel better in general. I need to be around for my kids as they grow up and, I still look better than 95% of the population.
Exactly man, I need to be around for my kids. Between the cycles I've been doing and the weight I'm carrying around...

I'm focusing on cardiovascular health, biceps and abs lmao!

Same here. I'm 273 right now, veins all over the arms and visible abs, but not paper thin skin by any means.

Now that I am older, I am craving a 230ish paper thin skin look, that is healthy and fit. I want to be able to keep up with my kids regardless how active they are.

I keep promising myself that I'll do it and I just can't seem to manage it. I spend more time on planes and hotels than at home. While I can manage enough workouts and food clean enough to maintain my current look, to take it to the leanness level that I want to, I just can't seem to make the commitment. It's damn hard... yes, I'm the king of excuses :rolleyes:

10 years ago I was over 300 not lean but not fat. I also felt like holy hell and took over 2 grams a week non stop.
Now 225-230 feel incredible. This is the simplest way I know
Eat carbs only pre workout
All other meals lean meat and veggies you don't really have to calorie count
30 minutes cardio religiously every morning before eating
Full body weight training 3-4 days per week main goal being massive energy expenditure not weights lifted
I won't bullshit anyone I still love gear things I still use
Sustanon at 500 a week
GH 4 iu to 6 daily
Clen about 1 month out of every 3
Metformin 1500 mg daily

Those are my staples

Once a year I do a summer blast that is a bit more detailed.
But not geared around growth it's geared around fat loss. The last thing in the world I want is to be bigger now. Will likely transition down to 200 over the next few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity