over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

100 rep set for variation...

doug1

FOUNDING Member / Featured Member/ Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
After training for a long time, I look for ways to change things up. I've done this before and did it again a little bit ago. Here's what I did, took a moderate weight, did ten reps, then re racked the weight, took about a 30-45 second break, not sure exact time. Then did 19 mini sets of 5 reps each until I got to a total of 100. Re rack after each 5 reps. I did this with squats, 225lbs(don't laugh at me:p) it takes some work, but its a good way to get a decent amount of volume without taxing the joints or the cardiovascular system. Try it sometime when you want to change it up. I've done it with my back too, dumbell rows, both arms at same time.

Ive done variations of German Volume Training with great success. Its a killer workout.

I love doing things like this but it can be brutal. I change things up all the time in regards to sets and reps. I do like doing 10-15 reps then resting 10-15 secs and repeating 10 times till I get to 100-150 reps.

Today I did straight sets of extensions, squats, and leg press all for minimum of 30 reps per set with light-moderate weight with no more than 45 second rest between sets and 10 work sets per movement. It's not the hardest training I've ever done but it definitely was great for some variety and intensity!

I love doing things like this but it can be brutal. I change things up all the time in regards to sets and reps. I do like doing 10-15 reps then resting 10-15 secs and repeating 10 times till I get to 100-150 reps.

Yeah, brutal is right. I've done what you describe with calves, works quite well.

Yeah, brutal is right. I've done what you describe with calves, works quite well.

I have often found myself with calves just doing as many reps as I can. Resting for a short time and repeating over and over. I don't even count just concentrate on the mind/muscle connection. I suppose leg press is the most common exercise I do the 10 x 10 on. For leg extensions and things like lateral raises I often to drops sets but then finish on a heavy weight. I must have done about 200 reps in a drop set the other day for extensions... quads are still hurting :D

I've been doing 10 sets of 3 with a strict 60 sec rest in between sets. Every 3 sets I add weight. Been doing this on a variety of exercises. Its brutal on deadlifts. Picking the proper starting weight is key.

A 100 rep set to finish off legs is a real good shock to the system. I like leg press for this.

Yeah, it's been about 6 hours since my l did my training, little hard to get out of my chair already.

I recently attempted a 200 rep set of triceps extensions. It's one of CT Fletcher routines. I only made it to 140 reps :) Heres a vid of CT and Mark Bell getting it done!

https://youtu.be/n0vxqTzQ5Yc

Last edited:
The best growth I experienced once past the newb state was from alternating between a more traditional strength based routine with avg reps and these 100 rep sets as you are describing. I would run a regular routine until I plateaud and virtually burned out, then I would switch to 100 rep sets for a couple weeks. I would recover during that period from the heavy weights (and give the CNS a badly needed break), and would come back growing better from the high reps and volume. There were studies done by Russiuan Olympians that experienced gains from such a routine, I got the idea from another forum that posted links to the studies.

I won't end up a leg workout without squating or leg pressing a moderate but still heavy at this point weight for +50 straight reps without rest. :)

Sometimes I end legs on the leg press like this:

You need a partner.

Start with 6 plates on each side. No rest here, do 8 reps then partner pulls a plate off one side...after another 8 reps, partner pulls a plate off the other side and so on...every 8 reps partner pulls a plate off of one side...until you get all the way to an empty sled where you do the last 8 reps....brutal!

Remember , no stopping! I've puked after this before. Usually have to roll off the leg press and lay there for a few minutes before attempting to get up.
I call it an "annihilator" set.

after watchin that ct fletcher video, and i aint ever seen him before, he's now my favorite bodybuilder dude. fuckin hilarious. i watched the agony of the shoulder video, good stuff. ill be channeling that guy next time in the gym

I've done this many times, however, with me, I don't have a set rep scheme, like I don't say "I'm gonna do 10-15 then a break, then do more" I just keep going, for example, with with benches I'll do it on a smith machine because I don't trust my right shoulder to not give out on me, so I'll grab a decent weight, I may be able to do 18, or 22...whatever the reps... then take a break, stretch a little bit, then flex my pecs as hard as i can for 3 mini sets of 10 seconds or so, then do another set, and keep repeating, and squeezing/flexing that muscle group as hard as i can.

Near the end, I may be doing sets of 2-3 at a time, but my muscles are on fire.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear