over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

East Coast Mecca

Wynn

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
In the background while Frank Sepe is telling his story I notice Evan Centopani training with John Meadows.

Welcome to the Best Gym in Bodybuilding | East Coast Mecca Episode 1

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCFJuaiW7dU"]Welcome to the Best Gym in Bodybuilding | East Coast Mecca - YouTube[/ame]

East Coast Mecca: Shawn Rhoden and Guy Cisternino Training

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AicWVqquxA"]East Coast Mecca: Shawn Rhoden and Guy Cisternino Training - YouTube[/ame]

Close as I have gotten is a friend in NYC going there and sending me a hat and tank top.

I would love to have a gym like this where I live...a beautiful playground!

Used to train there..Was really let down by it since it's "The Mecca"

Sort of disgusting.

Spit on mirrors, really dirty floors, humid. Same/old equipment and plates as the old videos of Dorian training there.

Super small/completely dark parking lot filled with huge pot holes and it's hidden within a small industrial strip.

You must also buy your membership and pay ahead of time, not to mention the fact that it's substantially more than the other local gyms that have much nicer facilities, more equipment, cleaner, etc.

Stopped going when I watched the maid clean the toilets and urinals with a toilet brush then use the same brush immediately after to scrub the sink and the sink handles. She also "cleans" the gym by walking around with a dry mop and basically doing nothing.

I'm all for "hardcore" gyms but I tend to think that the only reason this gym survives is because of Steve. Lots of competitors go there to kiss ass/be seen by him therefore recognized on stage. Not to mention he gets away with selling his shirts, etc. at ridiculous prices because people know they have to buy it/wear it.

East Coast Mecca: Bev Francis and Female Bodybuilding | Generation Iron

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peeaEEnlYgw"]East Coast Mecca: Bev Francis and Female Bodybuilding | Generation Iron - YouTube[/ame]

Really enjoyed watching these and all the others you have posted over the years!

Sort of disgusting.

Spit on mirrors, really dirty floors, humid. Same/old equipment and plates as the old videos of Dorian training there.

Super small/completely dark parking lot filled with huge pot holes and it's hidden within a small industrial strip.

You must also buy your membership and pay ahead of time, not to mention the fact that it's substantially more than the other local gyms that have much nicer facilities, more equipment, cleaner, etc.

Stopped going when I watched the maid clean the toilets and urinals with a toilet brush then use the same brush immediately after to scrub the sink and the sink handles. She also "cleans" the gym by walking around with a dry mop and basically doing nothing.

I'm all for "hardcore" gyms but I tend to think that the only reason this gym survives is because of Steve. Lots of competitors go there to kiss ass/be seen by him therefore recognized on stage. Not to mention he gets away with selling his shirts, etc. at ridiculous prices because people know they have to buy it/wear it.

Hardcore gyms aren't for everybody.

Hardcore gyms aren't for everybody.

All for hardcore man.

Hardcore does not mean:
-washing sink handles with toilet brush
-charging insane prices because competitors need to kiss gym owners ass
-overpriced clothes because competitors need to kiss ass
-overpriced membership because competitors need to kiss ass

The only reason pros come here is because they need to kiss ass. It's really not an incredible gym. It purely survives on politics.

Sort of disgusting.

you sound a little spoiled...

my gym doesn't even have soap to wash your hands! lol

:p

and it costs 30 bucks a month!
equipment.. circa 1970
no squat rack or Olympic bars
lucky to fit 20 ppl in there not stepping on eachother. lol

All for hardcore man.

Hardcore does not mean:

The only reason pros come here is because they need to kiss ass. It's really not an incredible gym. It purely survives on politics.

At least they have a cleaner. I used to go to a gym that was in a giant shed with holes in the room. No cleaner had ever set place in there. It did have a sauna though... that the owner built himself :D

My new gym in Geneva is crap. I am gonna join a new one soon. But it is super clean. Everyone is obsessed over here. They use disinfectant and paper towels after using every machine. It's as softcore as you can get. Plus I paid $140 for the 1st month :banghead:

Everything stated above may be true but the gym looks great to me.

All for hardcore man.

Hardcore does not mean:

I can understand that. Metroflex Arlington is pretty kick ass but after you train there a few times you realize how dirty and beat up all the weights and equipment is. I think it's the novelty affect with these hardcore gyms. I still love them but I would probably still have another gym to train at when I wasn't in the mood for the "hardcore" scene

Sort of disgusting.

I feel like some of the knowledge you can pickup just by in person watching some of the pros train would be worth it. I workout at home nowadays for the most part, but over the years, I have noticed the clean gyms with all the stupid rules usually are too soft, you cant grunt, cant drop weights, etc, it's just too much when you want to lift hard without having to worry about breaking a stupid rule. Hardcore gyms rock

East Coast Mecca: The Rise of Flex Lewis | Generation Iron

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBxy1O2OLdM"]East Coast Mecca: The Rise of Flex Lewis | Generation Iron - YouTube[/ame]

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131