over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Giving Up Alcohol Officially Today

HUNTHIKELIFT

Registered
I was never much of a drinker, except in high-school. I drank so much and raised so much hell that I rarely drank college days. That was my dry out period. Then came the social drinking, sports games, card games, etc.
Tonight I witnessed my niece on my wife's side that is 17 years old, on our family vacation get intoxicated and hit my wife in her face! I have never felt so much anger and having my hands to my side at the same time!
Situation is handled without my involvement, because everyone knew what would happen. My sister in law is even here and DID NOTHING. Sorry for the rant. It opened my eyes to how messed up alcohol can really be and I will never drink a drop of it myself due to this situation.
Sorry for the rant...just shocked and pissed and never been in a situation like that before in my life.
Sorry just leaning on bros/gals that get my situation.

Last edited:
Sorry hear what happened but alcohol is not to blame. Sure it may have been a factor but ultimately it comes down to the person. Plenty of people, myself included can have a drink or four and not assault anyone let alone a family member.
Again sorry to hear that and hope you and your wife can enjoy the rest of your vakay!!

Agree 100%. That's what I told my wife..Even my big drinking days I would never consider raising my hand to a woman or family member.

I agree. Alcohol did not hit someone, your niece did. Anyway, I hope things turn out well.

Alcohol does the opposite for me. I get huggy and snugly with everyone.

I've been fully sober for many years now. Good luck in your journey.

Well since no one said it, Congrats on giving up alcohol.

I also noticed better gains not drinking every weekend or randomly during the week.

ganja on the other hand .... :love:

Alcohol can cause a lot of problems, that's for sure.

I've been sober for a while now. If you can handle the peer pressure then there's really not much loss really. I've always been against putting poison into my body for no reason at all other than to feel good or fit in. There are a lot of other substances that are safer with better effects

I was never much of a drinker, except in high-school. I drank so much and raised so much hell that I rarely drank college days. That was my dry out period. Then came the social drinking, sports games, card games, etc.
Tonight I witnessed my niece on my wife's side that is 17 years old, on our family vacation get intoxicated and hit my wife in her face! I have never felt so much anger and having my hands to my side at the same time!
Situation is handled without my involvement, because everyone knew what would happen. My sister in law is even here and DID NOTHING. Sorry for the rant. It opened my eyes to how messed up alcohol can really be and I will never drink a drop of it myself due to this situation.
Sorry for the rant...just shocked and pissed and never been in a situation like that before in my life.
Sorry just leaning on bros/gals that get my situation.
its the people. why are you hanging with these people. i know they are "family"...niece and sister in law.....but one hit your wife while the other one stood and watched and did nothing. bro...dont bring your family around trash like tht

No matter what the reason, this is s big step and one I think you'll be happy with in the long run. I've battled with alcoholism since I was 15. I'm sober now for 427 days today. The best decision I ever made. And like Nabz said, way better gains since getting completely sober. Good luck on your journey! PM me if you have any questions

Good riddance, alcohol sucks balls. Way too many fat chicks have gotten laid because of it. :naughty: :D

Everyone reacts differently to alcohol. For some reason, it seems a lot of bodybuilders get angry when they drink and do really stupid things. Luckily, I'm a happy drunk who becomes overly nice and is still in complete control of myself. I guess I got lucky.

Im an angry drunk and for this reason I only drink sparingly. My wife would prefer me not to drink at all and just smoke MJ.

Congrats bro hope you stick with it.

Of all the drugs I've witnessed my friends and people around me take NOTHING (IMO) changes a person more and makes people act and do things they never would like alcohol does.

its the people. why are you hanging with these people. i know they are "family"...niece and sister in law.....but one hit your wife while the other one stood and watched and did nothing. bro...dont bring your family around trash like tht

We are on vacation together... trapped.

Alcohol can be a window into someone's true personality...I had a few buddies in high school who always kinda seemed off (slightly sociopathic..just gave bad vibes but most couldn't pick up on it) and eventually would get wasted and poof, all the psycho shit would come out.

I remember one specifically got wasted and told us all why he thought each of us sucked...he was jealous of all of us, how he should be the one getting girls, told one that they don't deserve their girlfriend, just straight up crazy shit that was obviously eating this person alive on a daily basis. And he did it violently yelling in each persons face and trying to attack them, but was drunk enough that we just kept throwing his sloppy ass to the dirt. Fuck that. I never hung out with the guy again, somehow other's eventually forgave him and said "he was drunk", well that's when people show who they truly are.

If alcohol makes someone anything other that happy and horny, I don't trust them :) but I don't think it can make someone something they are not, but it definitely can bring things to the surface that people otherwise would keep buried down forever. It's creepy when you see those sides of people.

Last edited:
I would like to commend you on your decision not to drink. I found that nothing good ever came of it for me. I was never violent or aggressive but poor decision making for sure. I have been sober going on 5 years now. I really though it would be much tougher than it was but I just focused my attention to my family, my career, and the gym. I also had major reasons not to. My son is 9 now and I did not want him to see me like the way I saw my dad when I was young. It's cost me money, almost lost a very important job, and spent time behind bars. I also lost my uncle last year who was just ten years older than me from...you guessed it DRINKING! (wow this is not easy to write)

As you can tell I think it is the right decision. The thing I like the most is the clarity and dealing with issues head on and then moving on. I will admit the peer pressure does get old sometimes. However, being disciplined feels good and no hang overs is nice too. Also, my physique took off after I stopped the drinking which was nice as well. Hit me up anytime if you need to chat!!

*hey and on the plus side your friends will always invite you to nights out on the town and offer to pay for meals and such.....because they want you to drive lol!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131