over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

BULKING on High Fat & Low Carbs

Ocean cool

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Hi guys,

Most bulking diets consist of high carbs (4-500g) with a total of daily intake of 4-5k calories.

However, what are your thoughts of a low carb bulking diet (100g) but very high healthy fat?

Both diets are the same in calories consumption, but one is high carbs (500g) while the other is low carbs (100g) but high fat.

Would love to hear your experience.

Recent findings indicate this would be not only healthier but more beneficial in regards to muscle Growth. 2 years ago wen the focus of my studies and schooling became nutritional biochemistry and endocrinology I have significantly reduced my carbohydrate intake and increased my fats. Results, more muscle less fat and an improvement in my metabolic profile.

Recent findings indicate this would be not only healthier but more beneficial in regards to muscle Growth. 2 years ago wen the focus of my studies and schooling became nutritional biochemistry and endocrinology I have significantly reduced my carbohydrate intake and increased my fats. Results, more muscle less fat and an improvement in my metabolic profile.

links?

Thanks. Do u have any references?

I was looking into reducing my carbs to 100-150g while increasing my fats to 150-200g with a total daily calorie of 4k.

In the past i would just do the opposite.

Love to see info/articles on this theory since seeing that carbohydrates are the body's number 1 source energy!

After the gym I will find some studies. In the interim this is all readily available using google scholar. Nature, jcem, hsph, etc all have plenty of data as well.

I have been doing high fats and lower carbs for a long time now and swear by it. I also do not eat excessive amounts of protein like most here advocate keeping it around 125 grams per day. I look better and feel healthier eating this way. I get most of my fats from raw nuts mostly almonds, cashews and walnuts.

Thanks Tom,

What were your macro like? How much carbs & fat were u taking?

Whats your stats?

I find u don't need allot of protein. I now reduce my intake to below 200 and the results are the same.

I have been doing high fats and lower carbs for a long time now and swear by it. I also do not eat excessive amounts of protein like most here advocate keeping it around 125 grams per day. I look better and feel healthier eating this way. I get most of my fats from raw nuts mostly almonds, cashews and walnuts.

I always eat low carbs and then have phases of zero carbs ie; ketoegnic. Been doing it since the 90s.

Personally I wouldn't waste my time trying to bulk on low carbs...it's not the ideal environment for growth in my opinion. I can't grow much unless I'm having a decent amount of carbs.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

I wish I could grow without carbs. I need lots of carbs to build muscle. Obviously it's an individual thing.

But what if it was a low carb (150g) but the total daily calories is at a surplus?

But what if it was a low carb (150g) but the total daily calories is at a surplus?

How can someone answer that when its so individual.
Why not try it yourself and report back. I would like to know. Sure others would too...

The guy that did that website on if called leangains said he successfully bulked using a paleo diet. Said he gained less fat in comparison to bulking on a traditional high carb diet. I dunno as I've never tried it but increased calories have to go somewhere.

roast

I would imagine yes but obviously it's individual

Thanks Tom,

What were your macro like? How much carbs & fat were u taking?

Whats your stats?

I find u don't need allot of protein. I now reduce my intake to below 200 and the results are the same.

Ronnie......at 61 my goals are more health and fitness/longevity related now. I am 5'9" and 190 at roughly 12 % BF. I use moderate weights and do more high reps and high volume at this stage. Macros are close estimates of 100-125 grams protein mostly from red meat and raw nuts which also is the major component of my fat intake at 170-200 grams per day. I strive to keep my carbs no more than 100 grams per day from mostly fruits and vegetables. I pretty much avoid grains. I must admit though that once in while a dark chocolate Dove bar sneaks it's way in there !1 I hope this is helpful.

Hi guys,

Most bulking diets consist of high carbs (4-500g) with a total of daily intake of 4-5k calories.

However, what are your thoughts of a low carb bulking diet (100g) but very high healthy fat?

Both diets are the same in calories consumption, but one is high carbs (500g) while the other is low carbs (100g) but high fat.

Would love to hear your experience.

I think everyone wants to think there is some magical macronutrient equation that will lead to more gains but at the end of the day its all about total amounts consumed in my opinion.

People don't get fat from carbs or protein or fat, people get fat from over eating all of them.

Same as muscle growth, if you are stressing your muscles and eating enough the body will tell the muscle to grow, regardless of how the surplus is made up.

The other thing is that high carbs tend to 'fire up' the metabolism more through leptin and other hormones whereas fat will not do this.

if you still have enough carbs as glycogen to fuel your workouts then you will grow that way too

the amount of calories/carbs we burn during a workout is vastly overestimated anyway. 150g carbs a day should be enough if youre in a calorie surplus all the time anyway

that being said, i dont consider low carb diets effective for AAS users.
any "chemical enhancement" (aas, t3, gh, slin etc) just shifts your body more towards the direction of carbs being the most efficient fuel. and this amplifies natural hormone response (as said above, leptin, ghrelin, plus every hormone of the ones above that you dont synthetically replace).

keto/low carb is great for naturals and general health though.

just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
In the past i would do 100g during workouts and 400g thought the day.

What i was hoping to do is to consume around 100-150g carbs a day. Carbs are consume at breakfast (50g) and during workout (100g). The rest of the days would be fat (200g though out the day).

What do u think?

i dont get the "carbs are bad" theory.
people in asian countries that eat a shit ton of white rice and low protein and fat are among the leanest people in the world.
then u have the countries where people overeat fat and protein and they're among the fattest on the world.
besides, a study just came out showing lowfat diets resulted in greater fat loss than low carb diets.
and it was a real medical study, they measured everything they ate and did, measured the metabolites and waste in their breath.

Its not the carbs are bad Theory.

But would like to discuss about fat for bulking.

In the past, 500g carbs would bloat me slightly.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws