advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Is high fiber intake needed when cutting?

npcout

Board Supporter
Registered
Board Supporter
This past contest prep, I just feel like I wasn't burning the fat I deserved to burn. My diet was there, my training and cardio was much higher than normal.

I am not a big veggie eater, I can't stomach them. In previous preps I have used a ton of fiber powder. This time, I did not and I basically was never pooping and if I did, it was tiny poops.

Then I started reading, and I don't no if it was advertisements or true statements.. Basically, when your dieting, you have a high fiber intake to feel full but also so you can poop out all the fat you are breaking down.. Then I saw a supplement company start selling a fiber product to be stacked with there stimulant fat burner to accelerate fat loss.

Will a higher fiber diet where you poop more aid a diet for fat loss?

Yes mate. Especially when you're eating low carbs.

I tend to get fibre from grains, I'm such a slacker when it comes to green veggies.

Take two servings of husk each day and you're done.

I don't no if it was advertisements or true statements.. so you can poop out all the fat you are breaking down..

:eek: :banghead:

Simply put, once bodyfat is released from your adipocytes through diet/cardio/drugs, it enters your bloodstream to then be used as "fuel" by your organs and muscles... and when it's burned, it's burned... period!

So "technically" it's not the fat you break down you then poop... but its byproduct (let's call it this way). And that's actually where fibers are very useful, since they'll help you to get rid of those byproducts (or wastes if you prefer) stuck in your intestines much more efficiently. Hence a less bloated feeling and a flatter stomach.

Fibers are ESSENTIAL health wise... clean intestines will make your whole body functions way better, as it's where our immune system is primarily built, thanks to the billions of bacterias (good and bad) that colonized it.

When you're in a "bulk mode", a high fiber content may help you limit fat storage, as it will somehow bind to the fats/carbs contained in your food, and at the same time slow down the glycemic index of your meals, hence a lesser realease of insulin.

BUT it does NOTHING for your stored bodyfat, as I said earlier. :)

Get yourself a good fibre supplement that has both soluble and insoluble fibres in the right amount. It will help with bloating which is the last thing you want when on stage.

Metamucil sugar free orange. Taste good too.

No, fiber doesn't really have an impact on fat loss. It's just good to include to feel full and for health reasons.

No, fiber doesn't really have an impact on fat loss. It's just good to include to feel full and for health reasons.

Not sure where you heard this but a high fiber intake improves the ability of ones body to lose fat. A healthy microbiota improves almost every metabolic function in the human body. Fiber consumed with rapidly digestible carbohydrate slows the rate of flux, allowing for your microbiota to utilize more of the nutrients and less will be stored as fat. In addition to this benefit, a reduced insulin response in itself will .... Going to finish this post on the computer so I can nerd out , coming soon

A healthy microbiota improves almost every metabolic function in the human body, leading to a greater ability to lose fat. Fiber consumed with rapidly digestible carbohydrate slows the rate of digestion, allowing for your microbiota to utilize more of the nutrients..Manipulation of gut microbiota through proper intake of dietary fiber and probiotics can reduce intestinal inflammation and improve gut barrier integrity, aiding in metabolic balance and promoting weight loss. Fiber also reduces hepatic flux, and in lieu of a lengthy biochemical explanation makes your liver work better.

In addition to the benefits on gut flora, a reduced insulin response in itself will reduce the body's propensity to store fat. A healthy body functioning optimally will burn fat better than its unhealthy counterpart.

High fiber (triple recommended dosage) in a recent study has shown to deminish asthmatic issues also. So if you are short of breathe or have sports enduced astham or even flat out asthma jack your fiber through the roof. I am 6 weeks into his recommendation and already dropped all asthma meds in half, still maintaining weight and cardiovascular has improved we ran my c-protiens. I love my sports dr hes the only reason I can still do what I love and keeps me healthy, its a rarity that you find a dr and a sports dr that still researches and gives a shit about his patients.

Its not a must, but fiber makes u full.

Furthermore, it requires more calories to digest fiber which makes it a good calorie burner.

If you like to take dumps and have less stomach discomfort / distension then yes--fiber is needed while cutting on a reduced calorie diet (or any other time, really).

Sugar free metamucil is what I use, and is psyllium husk fiber...which is also good for cholesterol lowering.

If you like to take dumps and have less stomach discomfort / distension then yes--fiber is needed while cutting on a reduced calorie diet (or any other time, really).

Sugar free metamucil is what I use, and is psyllium husk fiber...which is also good for cholesterol lowering.

I went and looked at Metamucil the other day (must have been the sugary kind)

I couldn't believe that sugar was the first ingredient on the label... there was more sugar in the fiber supplement than actual fiber..

#America

I use the sugar free psyllium husk, walmart brand in offseason right now. 3tsp twice a day. I poop like 6-8x a day haha.

They've got sugar free at costco little slice.

This thread I'll have to bump; everyone for there input,I use the sugar less Orange Metamucil...And by reading the thread I'm definitely upping my fiber intake...Thank you very much brothers of the Iron...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity