over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How I reduced my Cholesterol number by 78 points in 2 months

PoptartPsycho

Registered
I am always on here asking questions and taking info from the rest of you guys so I thought it was time for me to share some.

My cholesterol numbers were for shit at the beginning of July. 275. I just got my new blood work in and my numbers are 197. A difference of 78 points. I did this with NO change to diet either.

Now some info about myself so you know a bit more. I am 44, 197lbs, not sure of my bodyfat, but my abs and serratus are clearly defined and I have some "feathering" on my vastus lateralis (outer quad) and triceps.

I have been on TRT for over a year. My protocol (as prescribed) is :
200mg test cyp weekly (Monday)
2 x 500iu HCG weekly (Monday / Thursday)
2 tabs of Arimidex weekly (Monday / Thursday)

However, the 2 tabs of arimidex weekly was too much and my estrogen estrogen was measured at a <5.0
Which you can imagine how I was feeling after being at this level for a couple of months. I (without my doc knowing) reduced my arimidex to 1/2 tab twice weekly. My estrogen levels on the second blood test were still listed as <5.0.
I talked with my doc and told him this and he told me then to only take one whole tab of Arimidex on Monday, the day of my injection. Just forget about the rest of the week. Which I did and my estrogen level improved a good bit to 17.0 (and I feel a little better).

My supps stack consisted of :

Multivit
Fish Oil
Co-Q 10

Here is the attachment for the labs on 7/02/2015
Attached is my blood work copy from 7/2/15

The cholesterol total is 275.
Also take a look at my Hematocrit is 52.9

Attachments

• 1-7022015.jpg
    1-7022015.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 824
Now at this point, seeing how shitty my numbers were I did a couple of things :

*I switched to a multivit with No Iron (for help with hematocrit numbers)

*Instead of 45 mins cardio EOD, I did 20 mins cardio every time I went to the gym before working out. (4-5 times a week)

*This is when I reduced my Arimidex from 2 tabs weekly (1 on Monday, 1 on Thurdsay) to 1 tab weekly. (1/2 on Monday, 1/2 on Thursday)

*I started taking a supplement called Cholesterol Blocker by Vibrant Health. It is a chewable tablet that you take DURING your meal. Label claims that when taken during a meal may block absorption of 500mg of cholesterol. I took one with the first meal and last meal of the day. The ingredients are : (for those of you who are experts with this and can tell me if it really did anything as I liked to believe it did)
Beta-Sitosterol (soy) 233mg
Stigmasterol (soy) 144mg
Campesterol (soy) 120mg
Policosanol (sugar cane wax) 10mg
Brassicasterol (soy) 3mg

*I started taking 250mg Niacin with my morning and evening meal as well.

Those are the only changes I made from 7/2 to 7/31 when I got my next blood work done.

My cholesterol on this one is now 235. Down 40 points. Yay! But not really great.
My hematocrit numbers went down to 49.3
My estrogen numbers are still <5.0

I also had the VAP test done for this blood work as well. (but not for the other two)

Here is the attachment

Attachments

• 2-7312015.jpg
    2-7312015.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 816
I just got the numbers back for the blood work I had done on 9/11 (they just arrived today 9/13).

Now a couple weeks about (8/17) I ran into my doc and told him about my low estrogen numbers. He told me to only take 1 tab of Arimidex on the day of my injection of testosterone and don't take anymore until my next injection of testosterone.

He also told me to take a chewable TUMS with my morning and evening meals as it would help with lowering my hematocrit numbers.

The only other thing I did was add in two products :

Jarrow NAC and Jarrow Citrus Bergamot

So my supp (for the ones I started since 7/2) routine is :

*AM upon waking (empty stomach) : 1 Citrus Bergamot, 1 NAC
*5 minutes before breakfast : Multivit with no Iron, Niacin, coQ10, Fish Oil.
*During my meal : 1 chewable Cholesterol Blocker, 1 TUMS

*PM meal
*5 minutes before meal : Niacin, Fish Oil.
*During my meal : 1 chewable Cholesterol Blocker, 1 TUMS

*2 hours later before bed
1 Citrus Bergamot
1 NAC

Here is my attached copy of blood work done last Friday.
Cholesterol is down to 197
Hematocrit is down to 42.6
Estrogen is 17.0

Other than changing the cardio I was doing (less, but more frequently), and the above supps I added and switched, I did not make any changes at all. My training and diet stayed the same.

I will be the first to admit that my numbers are not ideal, but it is still a good start for someone like me that is still learning about controlling my cholesterol and staying off statins.

Attachments

• 3-9112015.jpg
    3-9112015.jpg
    277.6 KB · Views: 815
Those are some pretty impressive results .i lowered my cholesterol using jarrow citrus bergamot twice a day .i have been using it about 4 months and recently had bloodwork .i stopped my statin just prior to starting the citrus bergamot .keep us posted on future bloodwork

Those are some pretty impressive results .i lowered my cholesterol using jarrow citrus bergamot twice a day .i have been using it about 4 months and recently had bloodwork .i stopped my statin just prior to starting the citrus bergamot .keep us posted on future bloodwork

How are you taking yours. I am taking mine AM on empty stomach and PM before bed. The bottle says to use it on an empty stomach before a meal.

Yes ,I am taking mine the same way .it really is effective.

Thanks for the thorough analysis. I too had problem with my blood test, and i will try out some of the things you mentioned.

Good info. Thanks for sharing !

Please keep us updated as you progress further.

Also, add in Methyl B-12 supplement may lower hematocrit as well if you need it.

I used letrozole for 6 months as I am very estrogen sensitive and get flare ups pretty easy, I used aloe vera gel (drinking kind) after reading a study regarding rats and the use of letro and aloe gel, got my blood work back a few weeks ago and my lipids were all in the normal range... I would look into that as its completely natural and has some how allowed this to happen. Bear in mind this was after 23 weeks of higher doses and tren for the last 6 weeks.

I have some Tums in the cupboard....interesting.....

Been doing red yeast rice for my high numbers but haven't been checked recently to see if there's any difference, which I'm thinking there should be

I can tell ys citrus bergamot brought my hdl by 10 points without changing a thing..

Great job!!!

I like reading the detailed information. Posts like these help keep me on the straight and narrow path.

Thanks.

Thats impressive.. At first the 2 results I saw, I was sitting here like "damn".. Then seeing how things were slowly getting back to where they should be is some good stuff man.. It's really good that you got everything back to par with where things should be.. Making sure chol. levels are on point is very important.. I am always making sure everything is where they should be.. Very detailed and was a nice read..

This is awesome information considering doctors prefer to write scripts these days.

I have been taking the cb again to see if it does anything for me and in getting a vap and nmr done for my cholesterol so ill update when my bw gets back in a few weeks, last time cb did nothing for me, but my doc also said if mine comes back (cholesterol) and its fluffy and not thick n dense then it still shouldnt be an issue what he is more concerned about is why my high cholesterol isnt converting to a higher test levels if in fact cholesterol and test have something to do with each other? Which ive been lead to believe they do....??

Sent from my IpP using tapatrash

I have some Tums in the cupboard....interesting.....

Been doing red yeast rice for my high numbers but haven't been checked recently to see if there's any difference, which I'm thinking there should be

Red Yeast Rice isn't much good. According to what I have read on here, it used to be good but the FDA made them change the formula to get rid of the natural occurring statin it contained.

hate to break it to you, but you didnt really improve your cholesterol much... except for the VLDL

absolute cholesterol numbers are irrelevant... a high LDL per se is not "dangerous", just like a low HDL alone isnt.

its the HDL to LDL ratio which matters.

you reduced your LDL by about 20%
and reduced your HDL by about 20% too.

thats no improvement at all actually
however whats good is that VLDL went down a whole lot. this is positive.

good job on fixing the other factors which were off too ;)

btw, drop the "chewable cholesterol blockers". that stuff is a scam...
the cholesterol you consume from food is pretty much irrelevant regarding your cholesterol levels. your body regulates cholesterol via different pathways.
cholesterol from food makes up 10% AT BEST of your blood cholesterol numbers... its completely irrelevant.
there are numerous studies on that if you look around ;)

the only things that help with cholesterol are citrus bergamot and niacin (nicotinic acid, not niacinamide!. in high dosages though (1-2g a day)). you can pretty much ditch everything else regarding cholesterol.

statins are shit too imo (including the red yeast rice stuff, you got that right ;) the "new" stuff does not even contain the statins anymore)

Last edited:
that's crazy you lowered your hematocrit 10 points in 2 months.wow

Naturally too. Just getting a multivit with no iron and doing the TUMS.

The doc said three things help the average with getting the iron levels down. Tums, caffiene, and dairy products. The percentages is different for each person though.

Before I went on TRT, my hemtocrit was 57.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws