over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Serge Nubret chest routine.

mikelee12790

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
(Serge Nubret, the definition of Massthetics)

Note: Serge used the same program on both Monday and Thursday. Besides training his chest he would also work his quads as well as his abs which he liked to work every morning before training for his preferred cardio.

MONDAY AND THURSDAY

Bench Press 8 sets of 12 reps
Flat Bench Flye’s 6 sets of 12 reps
Incline Bench Press 6 sets of 12 reps
Incline Flye’s 6 sets of 12 reps
Dumbbell Pullovers 6 sets of 12 reps

Though Nubret passed in April 2011, the French bodybuilder’s influence on the sport is still felt today and he’ll go down as one of the all time greats in bodybuilding.

Serge would pick a weight that was very light and do a very smooth 12.. Rest 30 second max and keep repeating.. The rest period was very brief.. By the last set it was next to impossible..

(Serge Nubret, the definition of Massthetics)

Note: Serge used the same program on both Monday and Thursday. Besides training his chest he would also work his quads as well as his abs which he liked to work every morning before training for his preferred cardio.

MONDAY AND THURSDAY

Bench Press 8 sets of 12 reps
Flat Bench Flye’s 6 sets of 12 reps
Incline Bench Press 6 sets of 12 reps
Incline Flye’s 6 sets of 12 reps
Dumbbell Pullovers 6 sets of 12 reps

Though Nubret passed in April 2011, the French bodybuilder’s influence on the sport is still felt today and he’ll go down as one of the all time greats in bodybuilding.

He would work his quads every morning (fasted)?

Does anyone have his whole workout routine?

This was copied and pasted from something I read this morning . Maybe it has truth to it maybe not just thought I'd share and see what others with big chest have to say .

This was copied and pasted from something I read this morning . Maybe it has truth to it maybe not just thought I'd share and see what others with big chest have to say .

If you have good genetics for any given bodypart unless you are training like a moron you are gonna get great results. A prime example is calves but any body part could be used. I know guys who do your standard few sets of chest press then maybe a machine press movement. Then onto a flye movement and end with cable crossovers. They aren't really getting progressively stronger and they aren't using any super slow reps etc. All standard stuff and their chests are great. Whilst others do the same and may even use better form and their chests lack development.

I mainly posted the above just to show generally it is worthless to copy genetic elite protocols. This could be said for their drug protocols too... guys are so desperate for the secret (when there isn't really one). With or without the genetics training optimally will obvious get you the best results. I do think he trained in a great way so that would have only helped his development. As Lats posted he would use a fairly light weight but would have minimal rest so by the time he got to the 5th-6th sets he would be struggling. I have adopted this system with my legs and it is so much better for me. It allows you to go to complete failure without using massive weight that usually end up with injuries.

Just realized I went off on one then :eek: Sorry about that I am tired. Great thread and he has one of the best physiques of all time.

I may start doing this myself for most bodyparts just to give me a break from heavy lifting. I have been pushing it recently and keep ending up with strains all over... especially in my back. I think 20kg db's would suffice for most chest and shoulder presses using slow reps. Less for lateral raises and chest flyes.

Last edited:
Serge would pick a weight that was very light and do a very smooth 12.. Rest 30 second max and keep repeating.. The rest period was very brief.. By the last set it was next to impossible..

I had the pleasure of seeing him in action in the early 90's. My friend Robert introduce me to him. He took time to show us a few things. He was working out chest at the time and doing flat flyes. Not only did he do them super strict, he went super deep. Almost like he was stretching too. I think he was about 50 when I met him and he looked beyond awesome. One of my favorite BB's.

Yeah I have a chest and shoulder training video of nubret . Old footage.. He trained like he said.. Very fast and lots of volume.. Numerous others have tried his program but most lost size ECT.. He was one of a kind..

He would work his quads every morning (fasted)?

Does anyone have his whole workout routine?

I found this a while ago. Can't vouch for the veracity of the routine and can't remember where I got it but it lines up with what Mike posted.

Attachments

• Nubret.JPG
    Nubret.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 1,458
I found this a while ago. Can't vouch for the veracity of the routine and can't remember where I got it but it lines up with what Mike posted.

Thanks for sharing.

Any idea of sets and reps? 6 sets 12 reps?

Yes.. And 30 seconds rest.. Using same weight..

None that I have seen show deads..

I had the pleasure of seeing him in action in the early 90's. My friend Robert introduce me to him. He took time to show us a few things. He was working out chest at the time and doing flat flyes. Not only did he do them super strict, he went super deep. Almost like he was stretching too. I think he was about 50 when I met him and he looked beyond awesome. One of my favorite BB's.

That's awesome you got to meet one of the great old school bodybuilders !

True.. But only the last set is close to failure.. But the burn is incredible..

True.. But only the last set is close to failure.. But the burn is incredible..

That's the most important part the burn and the pump that's why I'm a big believer in just because something gave you a incredible pump last week doesn't mean it will the same next week I'm a pump chaser when I train people slow contractions that burn and give you a pump that's how you grow besides eating food food food .

Mohamed Makawway

I contacted Mohamed Makawway regarding the size value of cumulative fatigue, which was essentially what Serge used. Aware Makawway trained under Vince Girondo's guidance I knew he, if anyone, was well informed. I was surprised when he wrote back; "they were never intended for size"! He went on to say, for conditioning, he found it useful though.

Genetics argument aside, it's always good to hear about different training philosophies. Listen to other people that have found success with what they do, try things out for yourself, find out what works for you and what doesn't.

Everything works for a little while, nothing works forever

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner