advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Is it possible to maintain large amounts of muscle with lower doses?

thethinker48

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
I know Dante's talked about this in the past, but is it possible to maintain large amounts of muscle tissue (far more than you're "genetic limit") on lower doses of anabolics like 250 mg of Test? Granted you're feeding your body enough calories, and training intensely.

I know Dante's talked about this in the past, but is it possible to maintain large amounts of muscle tissue (far more than you're "genetic limit") on lower doses of anabolics like 250 mg of Test? Granted you're feeding your body enough calories, and training intensely.

Absolutely!!!!
One of the biggest guys I know only uses 250-500mg test per week with 1-2ius serostim/day; no insulin, no orals, no other PED's.
I don't feel comfortable listing his current title he holds because he likes to stay anonymous. He's a lean 280Lbs off season, and had to starve down to 224Lb to make the heavy weight cuff.

Of course... loads of guys do it. Although with your test I would recommend some HGH or certain peptides (cjc-dac, mk-677 etc) as they are fantastic for guys wanting to maintain as much as possible.

Really depends on the person. If you have a raging metabolism I would be very surprised if you could maintain on 500/2iu if you're a super heavy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It slows down the regression also taking in to account diet, training, and rest being factors. Usually when your big and going off a cycle for long periods of time you either pick scale weight or condition, not both.

definitely. there are many factors, diet, training, relax, and the body condition. Everyone has different condition, and different reaction to aas.

I think homeostasis might play a huge role too. For a lot of the guys who've been in the game for long; their body might be used to carrying large amount of muscle compared to somebody who blows up in a few years.

Or it might just be bro-science...:)

I believe so. It takes more careful management though (diet and recovery on point).

Read Dante's (of DC training) information from around the web. He seems to think that staying heavy and progressive with the weights whether on cycle or TRT is key to keeping the muscle when doses are lower. I believe him. And he's good evidence for it at around 280lbs on TRT.

I'm not a mass monster you see at the Olympia but I hold 210lbs at 5'10 (see avatar) on TRT

"far more" than yr genetic limit on trt dose? no.
no way. even the posters above cite guys who arent using anabolics soley.
they're also on gh. and whatever else.
if yr genetic limit is 190 lean body mass and ur maintaining 250 lean bodymass on trt? bullshit.
in fact u can find alotta guys here who say "yr only as big as yr dose" and now they say that's wrong? then why ever do more than trt if thats all u need to stay far heavier than yr genetic limit?

Last edited:
I should have been more detailed in my post as I don't believe a lot of the crap that is posted on here at times. Yes you can maintain most of your weight and most of your condition. But can you fuck maintain the same condition at the same weight. Everyone above sums it up perfectly. If a guy has been 260 pounds for 15 years then chances are even on 200mg test he will maintain it easily but will lose some condition. It's common sense if a guy has been 260 pounds for 4 months and does the same he will find it much much harder.

Some of the guys who post they are on trt in the off season I 100% believe. They still look great and hold lots of muscle. But they never have that same look even just 40mg tren a per day could give them in a matter of weeks. I was on 40mg tren a per day a few months ago and when you come off you look different. So obviously guys on 5 grams of test, tren, adrol, eq etc are going to look different on 200mg test. Plus guys get brought up who can hold weight on low doses but they are never lean so to me not the best example. Big Mike and Big A are good examples of bodybuilders who hold a fantastic look on minimal doses. Although I suspect Big A uses lots of synthetine too which would be a major help :D

Yes it absolutely is!

Once it's attained (usually through higher doses) it can def be maintained. The look might not be the same but the size can hang tough. I am currently going through this. 175mg test and 2iu GH (GH def helps a lot) and have maintained size. The look is slightly different but the size is still there.

If you have the genetics and the testicular fortitude for this sport, you can maintain large amounts of muscle without steroids.

If you have the genetics and the testicular fortitude for this sport, you can maintain large amounts of muscle without steroids.

Haha...I think a lot of guys destroy that in the process of acquiring the mass.

Opinions will vary on this because when some guys stop using a lot of gear and taper down to trt they also become more lax with their training and nutrition. The high doses give them the motivation to get the most out of it then when they drop down they think why bother? Obviously you're going to be relatively much softer and weaker, but you can maintain a respectable amount of muscle on just trt if you keep on top of your training and nutrition. Ultimately more means more though. If you could blast yourself up on high doses and maintain everything dropping down to just trt then more people would be doing it.

If you could blast yourself up on high doses and maintain everything dropping down to just trt then more people would be doing it.

Actually most don't do it because they are scared, and assume it won't work. Not because it doesn't work.

In my experience you can maintain VERY well on trt dosing assuming you're on point with diet, training, sleep, etc.. and that is without GH or anything else. Just trt.

Actually most don't do it because they are scared, and assume it won't work. Not because it doesn't work.

In my experience you can maintain VERY well on trt dosing assuming you're on point with diet, training, sleep, etc.. and that is without GH or anything else. Just trt.

Thanks for your insight Shelby! Would you say it's a necessary evil (given that you don't have outstanding genetics) to use large doses (1+gram...I consider that large) in order to achieve that level of mass?

Exactly.

The rest of my post that you left out is respectfully agreeing with you. The part that you quoted the word "everything" was chosen very carefully.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear