over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Carb cycling when bulking

Marky Boy

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Who here carb cycles while bulking? And do you follow a ratio of pro/carb/fats?

I will be going on a good 20 week bulk cycle and been researching carb cycling a lot atm so looking on who uses this while bulking?

Training will be 4/5 times a week and I'm thinking high carb days on training days. Then 2/3 medium days.

Obviously adjustments will need to be made, and its trial and error at this point but looking to see who has good success carb cycling when bulking and what sort of ratios etc everyone uses.

Interested in this as well, I tend to get way too watery on every bulk I do. (I don't do tren)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have done high carb days on bigger body parts, medium carbs on smaller parts, and low carb on either off days or arms days. Cardio was a mix of steady state and HIIT. HIIT on low carb days and steady state on medium days. No cardio on high days.
Had good results staying lean like this. I like to start with 2 high, 3 medium, and 2 low to start and adjust from there.

I always do. A higher day when I train a weak boy part, very low carbs when off, and then moderate all other days.

I like this, especially for naturally huskier people as it allows you to eat more without putting on as much fat tissue. The very low carb off days also help keep insulin sensitivity high.

20 weeks is very long bulk cycle. I would definitely cycle carbs and calories. The idea is to maintain insulin sensitivity.

I never felt 2-3 days of a low or high carb was enough. This time around I`m gonna be doing low carb (under 75g/day) slight calorie deficit for 5 days while focusing on cardio, abs, stretching and a shortened weight training. This will be followed by 8 days of high carb, higher calorie diet, with 90% focus on weight training, minimal cardio, stretching is a must for me. Just some basic supps, test and tren e, a little suspension of both of heavy days 1 hour p/wo, drop the tren, add masteron and var near the end. Finally, look better than every punk 20 years my junior at the pool party and make every mommy at the water park blatantly stare right in front of their husbands.

Thanks guys, but how are you working out your protein and carb intakes?

I'm considering going 30 % pro 50 % carb and 20% fats for higher days then go from there

Last edited:
Thanks guys, but how are you working out your protein and carb intakes?

I'm considering going 30 % pro 50 % carb and 20% fats for higher days then go from there

I don't use percentages or ratios really but here is what I kinda do.

High days = lower protein (1g per lb) zero added fat...just what's incidental
Med days = moderate protein (1.5g per lb) 40-50 added fats
Low days = high protein (1.5-2g per lb), 75-90g added fat.

This is off season. Protein and fat goes up at carbs go down. As carbs go up protein and fat goes down.

I don't use percentages or ratios really but here is what I kinda do.

High days = lower protein (1g per lb) zero added fat...just what's incidental
Med days = moderate protein (1.5g per lb) 40-50 added fats
Low days = high protein (1.5-2g per lb), 75-90g added fat.

This is off season. Protein and fat goes up at carbs go down. As carbs go up protein and fat goes down.

What about carbs for these days though?

Just depends. Im pretty endo naturally so carbs aren't my best friend. High days like 400 or so, mediums 200-300, and lows cans be anywhere from 0-100. But it all depends on a ton of different factors..training volume, cardio volume/intensity, hormones, etc.

I never did it for the longest time and then when I first started working with my coach he had me implement it and I've been able to stay leaner year round…huge advocate of it!

I never did it for the longest time and then when I first started working with my coach he had me implement it and I've been able to stay leaner year round…huge advocate of it!

What's your pro/carbs at on different days?

What's your pro/carbs at on different days?

The biggest difference is between carbs and fat…from what I understand you can really take advantage of high and low insulin levels at various times along with lessening fat gain from having a high fat+high carb day when fatty acids are more dense in the blood stream and when insulin is raised, they're shuttled much faster into fat cells…i believe haha

This is what I'm running for my carb cycling diet. I'm around 225 right now and cutting down to compete. Any advice on the ratios? Add or reduce anything? PWO carbs are from GAT Carbotene. I feel like I do better with Vitargo, but the stuff is too damn expensive. Morning carbs are 2 cups oatmeal and the rest of the carbs are from jasmine rice or sweet potatoes.

Day one (high day Legs, Back) 6 meals
1. 50g protein 100g carbs no added fat
2 50g protein 60g carbs no added fat
3. 50g protein 60g carbs no added fat
4. 50g protein 100g carbs PWO
5. 50g protein 30g carbs no added fat
6. 50g protein veggies no added fat

Day two (medium day Arms, Shoulders, Chest) 6 meals
1. 60g protein 100g carbs
2. 60 g protein 35g carbs
3. 60 g protein 100g carbs PWO
4. 60 g protein vegetables, 15g fat
5. 60 g protein vegetables, 15g fat
6. 60 g protein vegetables, 15g fat

Day three (low day, no training) 6 meals

1. 60g protein 50g carbs, 15g fat, veggies
2.60 g protein 50g carbs, 15g fat veggies
3. 60 g protein vegetables, 15g fat

Last edited:
^ that's looks pretty solid and just about what I do for the most part. I bring protein down a bit more than that on high days and spread it out over 7-8 meals to try and keep bloating from increased carb intake down a bit. But very close to what I was eluding to earlier in the thread.

^ that's looks pretty solid and just about what I do for the most part. I bring protein down a bit more than that on high days and spread it out over 7-8 meals to try and keep bloating from increased carb intake down a bit. But very close to what I was eluding to earlier in the thread.

I've been told my fat intake is too high for cutting down. Your opinion? Isn't the whole point of carb cycling to keep calories the same every day, but get them from different sources depending on how you train that day? I feel like this has worked well for me in the past, but if cutting back on fat will help, I guess I'd try it.

I've been told my fat intake is too high for cutting down. Your opinion? Isn't the whole point of carb cycling to keep calories the same every day, but get them from different sources depending on how you train that day? I feel like this has worked well for me in the past, but if cutting back on fat will help, I guess I'd try it.

No your calories should still be lower on low days. No a huge difference but some. My high and medium days are within 100-200 cals of each other. Calories difference for high- low is probably more like 300 or so. For me that fat intake is too high while trying To cut bodyfat. I have no idea if that fits you because everyone is different. Every situation is different...training volume, recovery, cardio, gear, supplements, etc.

This is what I'm running for my carb cycling diet. I'm around 225 right now and cutting down to compete. Any advice on the ratios? Add or reduce anything? PWO carbs are from GAT Carbotene. I feel like I do better with Vitargo, but the stuff is too damn expensive. Morning carbs are 2 cups oatmeal and the rest of the carbs are from jasmine rice or sweet potatoes.

Day one (high day Legs, Back) 6 meals
1. 50g protein 100g carbs no added fat
2 50g protein 60g carbs no added fat
3. 50g protein 60g carbs no added fat
4. 50g protein 100g carbs PWO
5. 50g protein 30g carbs no added fat
6. 50g protein veggies no added fat

Day two (medium day Arms, Shoulders, Chest) 6 meals
1. 60g protein 100g carbs
2. 60 g protein 35g carbs
3. 60 g protein 100g carbs PWO

Day three (low day, no training) 6 meals

1. 60g protein 50g carbs, 15g fat, veggies
2.60 g protein 50g carbs, 15g fat veggies
3. 60 g protein vegetables, 15g fat

IMO your fat is extremely high. It would scare me to death to prep with that. I would do 30 grams in addition to your protein sources on your mid day and 45 on your low but that's it.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear