advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Do people hate on your physique or is it always compliments ?

hahapic

Newbies
for the most part i GET MOSTLY positive comments from strangers etc

but i find as ive got bigger the haters start to come out

i was very thin at 185 at 5'11 now im 280 5 years later

the haters are never from bigger guys its always the smaller guys under 200 ..

i find with bodybuilders they usually show love

theres a difference between constructive crtitism no nones perfect than being a hater

I usually get compliments but I'm not a big guy.. 5'10 178lbs high teens bf natty...good enough to make ppl who don't workout think I'm big :D

I only hate on myself, others tell me I look great. If you're working hard 6 days a week and dieting the you're going to look good even if you're not at your goals yet. There will always be someone who is bigger and in better shape even if you look better than 98% of most common slobs, people hating are just that.....haters.

I worked out with my buddy the other day and he was pumping out sets of 6 on the bench at 385 a pop after he had already done some other sets and a full arm workout earlier in the day. I told him it was impressive as fuck and he said "really, all of our other friends don't think so", he was so happy and surprised to receive a complement. This was the first time I worked out with him and he's my size, around 6'1 220, people hate because they're insecure.

5' 10" 255 all I get are haters "oh you must be on steroids"
I keep myself covered up and I don't even talk about weight training to people anymore.It's a damm shame what this has become.

I don't hang out with other bodybuilders so it's always compliments. Minus the occasional "oh it's because he's roided out" but I take that as a compliment as well.

Last edited:
I hate on myself, never really get hate on my physique. I do get mean-mugged from dudes all the time. I am not even that big 5'11" 226, 12% but I guess compared to the norm.
I DO get all the comments like, "I used to lift like you and hurt my shoulder", "I wish I had the time you do to lift", "I have a bad back", etc...

the insecures come out of the woodwork.

I hate on myself quite a bit, but do get some odd looks. Usually nobody says anything. I'm 5'5", 212 lbs.

Never received any hate always positive I'm not freakishly large though when bulked up I sit at a good 230 and when cut I'm around 180ish .

Who gives a rats ass what others think about your physique.

It should only matter to you and you alone. You should be able to look at yourself and see what your strengths and weaknesses are and what you should work on. Don't rely on other peoples feedback. 95% of the time, unless you have a good friend, coach or wife/lady to critique your physique, people will feed you bull shit.

It should only matter to you and you alone. You should be able to look at yourself and see what your strengths and weaknesses are and what you should work on. Don't rely on other peoples feedback. 95% of the time, unless you have a good friend, coach or wife/lady to critique your physique, people will feed you bull shit.

Fully agree! When you start caring about what others think about your physique is when I think insecurities and anxiety or other social crap starts coming up.

Everyone is very nice. Non stop compliments.
When I used to go to clubs and the beach I got a lot of steroid comments from fucktards, but drunk people tend to be assholes. Regular people are very nice.

Everyone is very nice. Non stop compliments.
When I used to go to clubs and the beach I got a lot of steroid comments from fucktards, but drunk people tend to be assholes. Regular people are very nice.

ya steroid comments would be the only negative comments

to bad people don't understand that even with gear you have to work your ass off

I just tell strangers i dont lift, i just eat a lot.

And try to cover up.

Im sick of hearing oh my cousin is bigger than you

And try to cover up.

haha ya for sure

everyone always has a cousin or buddy who is bigger somewhere out there that you don't ever end up meeting or seeing lol

And try to cover up.

EVERYONE has a cousin or a friend of a dude they work with or blah-blah-blah that is "bigger" or "twice your size"

Its pretty amazing just how many giants there are out there -

I'd say about 50/50

It's mostly people I know who always hate (particularly ones who don't really work out).

Strangers and people who also work out compliment.

I get a lot of compliments but its usually from people who are not in that good shape. Im 6 foot and 220 when im off, but I pretty much maintain abs year round. When im on during the summer im about 230 and pretty ripped, so thats usually when I get most compliments.

I dont compete, so if someone hates on my physique they are just going out of there way to be a dick. I train hard and eat good year round so I do like it when I get a compliment.

Now. Im not big like a lot of the guys here, but I always hated, "how much you bench?" lol

I frequent a local sport bar where I get food to go a few times a week. I always get some dirty looks from alot of the guys there. Almost that look, "you dont belong here". I generally kill people with kindness and being funny so most people will like me.

I agree. But inevitably I think peoples' comments about you will affect you. They shouldn't, but no matter how much you think "all that matters is what I think", you're never bulletproof to others' words. I say this ESPECIALLY towards this industry, which has a lot of self-esteem issues and egotism in play.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131