over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What's the thinking behind using test as a base

Slowmoe

Registered
I understand the whole standpoint of your body needing test for sex drive and hormonal balance and such, but I read a lot about "you will lose all your gains doing an oral only cycle"

What is the science behind that?

Orals such as winstrol or anavar do not mimic testosterone production and are suppressive to the hpta. The longer you use them, the more suppression you will suffer. After long enough, orals will have compromised your own test production leaving you with no available test for normal hormonal function. If you do a proper PCT, you will not lose all your gains. However, how long it takes for side effects to come about due to lack of test in your body is person dependent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

from the looks of your avatar I'm not sure if you need test or not. if penis, then you want test.... other things do not have test which is what keeps you a man. are you man? if yes, then use test. if no, then don't. a man with no test is a nightmare, i had low t and i basically was a shell, didn't feel anything, cold, life was not so fun... on dr. prescribed trt now and life is good.

I don't have any experience with this sort of thing... but the guys in the golden age pretty much all did oral only cycles or at least many of them claim to have and looked good and did not lose all their gains... it is def not ideal and who's to say that the pharma stuff they had is anything like what's out there now, but for what it's worth some people did do it and do well. I personally would never do anything without my test as I can't imagine choosing to feel like that again.

Last edited:
Orals such as winstrol or anavar do not mimic testosterone production and are suppressive to the hpta. The longer you use them, the more suppression you will suffer. After long enough, orals will have compromised your own test production leaving you with no available test for normal hormonal function. If you do a proper PCT, you will not lose all your gains. However, how long it takes for side effects to come about due to lack of test in your body is person dependent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But adding test to an oral cycle will only make recovery harder. So I don't understand how it helps you hold onto gainzzz

But adding test to an oral cycle will only make recovery harder. So I don't understand how it helps you hold onto gainzzz

it sounds like you are talking about trying to restart production after a shut down "cycle?" if that's the case you should expect to lose all gains either way you slice it... you go off, so do the "gainz"... again, just speaking from my experience with trt only.

Recovery is more based on the length of use and amount used. If you're taking large doses of orals, 150mg of test is the least of your worries for hpta suppression. Also, orals have hepatoxicity that most injectables lack.

Test is our natural anabolic steroid. It regulates and participates in many natural functions of our bodies.

Once you use other steroids, your natural test will be suppressed and those other steroids won't replace test's functions.

That's why you should include test in every cycle.

Now, test doesn't need to be the so called "base" of your cycle, as in higher than everything else. You can be on 150mg of test and 1g of EQ or Primo without any problems. Try 10mg test and 50mg tren ED and you'll find it to be an interesting cycle.

I understand the points outlined above. But what I don't understand is why so many people say that without a test base you will lose most of your gains. Like saying it makes recovery easier or something.

I understand the points outlined above. But what I don't understand is why so many people say that without a test base you will lose most of your gains. Like saying it makes recovery easier or something.

Who says this? Listen with enough anabolics in your system even with test in the gutter you won't lose your gains. Shit you can even make gains without test. My personal feelings is test is what your body knows and I feel good using it. I will always suggest having some test in there even if it's at a trt level. Honestly the more test is use (up to 750mg) the better I feel.

This is rubbish.

Do a deca/dbol cycle and find out yourself.

You may feel weird and be indifferent if Scarlett Johansson stands naked in front of you, but your muscle will be there.

Well that's not quite accurate. I think the problem with a dbol-only cycle, for example, is that a short 4-6 week run of it will put on some muscle for sure, but it also will put on a decent amount of water weight. This will be pissed out promptly when the dbol is discontinued.

Some people can only make gains with orals.if you can't keep gains off dbol your doing something wrong!

This is rubbish.

Do a deca/dbol cycle and find out yourself.

You may feel weird and be indifferent if Scarlett Johansson stands naked in front of you, but your muscle will be there.

Right.
Many,many people believe that test somehow helps you keep more of your gains. But can't explain why/ how.

Honestly I've done several cycles with no test. And I felt fine. The major difference for ME when using test is my sex drive is high. Too high in fact for a married man.

Test on cycle is to help offset the sides of other anabolics. If you're just concerned about keeping gains, what you do post cycle is more of the issue.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws