over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

8 week diet advice

Marky Boy

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Hi guys, looking for some advice on which way you would recommend dieting to lose some body fat and trim up for a holiday in 8 weeks.

I’m not looking to lose much size, more so just looking to maintain my mass and if possible shred up a little bit for a holiday with the mrs.

Current macros lately have been roughly:

Pro – 250
Carb – 420
Fats – pretty much none

Will be using a rip blend eod also, currently doing zero cardio also. Im thinking 2/3x HIT sessions for 20mins and abs every other day.

Current pic

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 343
drop some carbs...

add some fats...

add more protein...

:cool:

Hi guys, looking for some advice on which way you would recommend dieting to lose some body fat and trim up for a holiday in 8 weeks.

I’m not looking to lose much size, more so just looking to maintain my mass and if possible shred up a little bit for a holiday with the mrs.

Current macros lately have been roughly:

Pro – 250
Carb – 420
Fats – pretty much none

Will be using a rip blend eod also, currently doing zero cardio also. Im thinking 2/3x HIT sessions for 20mins and abs every other day.

Current pic

Agree with Tenny. If you are only dieting 8 wks you can come out of the gates VERY hard and push it without repercussions.

How many carbs would you drop and how many fats to increase too roughly? In your opinion.

half carbs

120 fats

150 more pro.

adjust from there

You already pretty lean. Why change your diet? Just add the cardio and rip blend.

This is more of a question. Seems to make sense to me.

You already pretty lean. Why change your diet? Just add the cardio and rip blend.

This is more of a question. Seems to make sense to me.

I have been doing this quite some time...

1.) some people don't like to drug themselves lean
2.) it's a lot easier to eat a little less food than add a bunch of cardio.
- think about being on the treadmill form 30 mins. Then think about removing maybe 100g carbs from your diet. Pretty easy to remove 100g of carbs and up protein some then spend an extra 30 min on the treadmill on top of what you're already doing.

If it's only 8 weeks I'd drop calories/carbs very low and hit it very hard rather than a longer slower diet.

I have been doing this quite some time...

1.) some people don't like to drug themselves lean
2.) it's a lot easier to eat a little less food than add a bunch of cardio.
- think about being on the treadmill form 30 mins. Then think about removing maybe 100g carbs from your diet. Pretty easy to remove 100g of carbs and up protein some then spend an extra 30 min on the treadmill on top of what you're already doing.

If it's only 8 weeks I'd drop calories/carbs very low and hit it very hard rather than a longer slower diet.

Right but he's already eating less than 3000 calories. The way I took it he was planning on adding in cardio and the rip blend. I never said nothing about uping the dose.

With that said adding the 2 hiit sessions and the blend should be plenty.

I'm not arguing just wondering.

Last edited:
I like the debate guys. I like to see others views as I'm sure we could easily have multiple different ways from various members. And I'm sure many ways would work.

Iv never actually had a proper cut hence why am looking for some advice.

I will be adding in some cardio, I have a treadmill at home so maybe even a few 20mins walks per week would help also.

I like the debate guys. I like to see others views as I'm sure we could easily have multiple different ways from various members. And I'm sure many ways would work.

Iv never actually had a proper cut hence why am looking for some advice.

I will be adding in some cardio, I have a treadmill at home so maybe even a few 20mins walks per week would help also.

If you are easily sticking to your current macro's just adding the 20 minutes of cardio will be great. Maybe up it 5 minutes every week or 2. Remember cardio is not only for weight loss but health.

If you are easily sticking to your current macro's just adding the 20 minutes of cardio will be great. Maybe up it 5 minutes every week or 2. Remember cardio is not only for weight loss but health.

I was looking to change my macros. I may keep some carbs in but pre, Intra and post workout only. Im just wary of losing muscle mass if I drop my carbs completely.

Say new macros:
250g pro
150g carb
80g fats

Then have a refeed once per week?

Also adding in 20min walks or HIT Cardio 2/3x a week

I was looking to change my macros. I may keep some carbs in but pre, Intra and post workout only. Im just wary of losing muscle mass if I drop my carbs completely.

Say new macros:
250g pro
150g carb
80g fats

Then have a refeed once per week?

Also adding in 20min walks or HIT Cardio 2/3x a week

How aggressive and how lean are you trying to get in 8 weeks? That's the real question. Depending on those answers is where I'd start you off at.

How aggressive and how lean are you trying to get in 8 weeks? That's the real question. Depending on those answers is where I'd start you off at.

It's only 8 weeks so I would go fairly aggressive. As lean as possible without losing size

drop some carbs...

add some fats...

add more protein...

This is exactly what I would do. Start like this and just see how you are after a few weeks or so. Then over time depending upon your progress you may have to drop a little fat. Carb cycling would be another approach I would look into over time too. If after 5 week or so you want to lose more have a few lower carbs days thrown in. In those days I would put your carbs around the training window. I am behind now so going more extreme then I would like and having the majority of my carbs post workout.

The million dollar question. This dude is lean enough he could be show ready in 8 weeks....like stupid shredded OR if he wants to be super lean but still have that full look he could achieve that. In 8 weeks and starting the aas I agree with you he can go as hard as he wants and be fine....its just a question of how lean he wants to be.

If I were you, OP, I might go hard from the start. Like

275-300 grams protein
100-125 grams carbs around workout
70-80 grams of fat.

That's quite aggressive but if you just go hard for 2-3 weeks with that you can re-adjust and add some food back.

You've got nothing to lose and you won't have muscle disappear by going hard for a couple weeks and then backing off a bit and upping food if necessary.

Last edited:
its cool bro....

your input is important as well.

My response was very similar. I was going to suggest a little less fat and slightly more carbs than you outlined since the OP apparently responds very well to low fat diets.

The key is you last comment .. "Adjust accordingly"

Once a basic plan is established, full compliance and a well trained eye are the main drivers of success.

The million dollar question. This dude is lean enough he could be show ready in 8 weeks....like stupid shredded OR if he wants to be super lean but still have that full look he could achieve that. In 8 weeks and starting the aas I agree with you he can go as hard as he wants and be fine....its just a question of how lean he wants to be.

If I were you, OP, I might go hard from the start. Like

275-300 grams protein
100-125 grams carbs around workout
70-80 grams of fat.

That's quite aggressive but if you just go hard for 2-3 weeks with that you can re-adjust and add some food back.

You've got nothing to lose and you won't have muscle disappear by going hard for a couple weeks and then backing off a bit and upping food if necessary.

Thanks for Input mate along with everyone.

I think il go for something around this and like you said adjust in maybe 2/3 weeks depending on where I am.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws