over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Shoulder and back width

Marky Boy

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I'm really looking to focus on getting more wider in the shoulders and back.

What exercises have worked for you guys in those areas?

Cheers

focus on rear delt...

men from boys

:cool:

Last edited:
focus on rear delt...

men from boys

:cool:

Have been doing this lately to be honest. Just looking for more views from others what has worked for them etc to give it a bash for myself and review.

Pulldowns, rows and lat raises would be my favorites for back width

Wide grip chins, SIDE LATERALS lots of them.

At the end of the day it will add some width but that is more of structural/genetic thing, just look at Phil Heath.

Abuse your rear delts... superset cables and db's. Add in some heavy reverse pec deck and wide grip upright rows. Lots of lateral raises... not too heavy as you just bring your traps into play. Unilateral lat work, wide grip lat pulldown, straight bar cable push downs, pull ups. Vacuums and dietary changes to bring your waist in. This guys advice is solid...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeZvEJxhRK4"]Get Wider Shoulders | How to Build Lateral Delts \ Advanced Training #12 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7qIgpv_iQs"]Best Exercises to Build Your Lats | How-To Get a Wide Back - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XAkPjzjFfg"]Complete Workout for a Wider & Thicker Back - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SbyWZ5WTOI"]Targeting Rear Delts | Developing Balanced Shoulders | Advanced Training #11 - YouTube[/ame]

How big is your waist

That's the thing, I already have the taper I just want a fucking huge wide back and shoulders. I'm already broad.

Waist is between 31-33 depending wether I'm cutting or bulking up.

But il be going on an all out bulk shortly after my cruise

Rack chins are great for width... i like pulldowns w the about foot long neutral grip attachment ... i also like assisted pullup machine as a finsher with slower controlled EXAGERATED full rom, or one arm underhand grip pulldown HS machine really letting it stretch up..

I do 3 exercises for width, 3 for thickenss each session... 1st exercise power focused staying in power groove rom, 2nd exercise compound w a few sets in 8-15 range w a little slowr tempo and greater rom both ways... then last exercise usually isolate and try to shove blood and use intensity adder techniques

Those JM rear delt swings on the incline are my fav rear delt exercise by far... wide grip upright rows id say did most for my delts

Last edited:
other than just training your delts/lats as you normally would (hard and smart), I've found the following to work well:

super wide grip chins (yea I know closer grip chins have a greater ROM, but the wide grip chins really do seem to "yank on the insertions" for lack of a better phrase.

also, doing the DC hanging lat stretch has helped me a ton. Also, doing Reeves Deadlifts with the widest possible grip, but instead of going up and down, I just stand there, strapped in to the outside of the plates and pull/spread my shoulders apart for 3 minutes at a time. It's agonizing, but have been doing these

finally, that doorknob stretch, pulling hard as hell one arm at a time has also helped.

Iabadman has talked about this before. Here's an article going into some of this:

**broken link removed**

Deadlifts, rows, neutral grip, neutral width pull downs. Ain't rowing ain't growing.

Wide grip pulldowns and upright rows is what works for me.

to build upon some of what waws already posted. Delts...def see alot of guys who could look wider by bringing up the rear head...exercises, any of the various rear lateral exercises, this is one that I've always felt the reverse pec deck machine rear laterals might be superior to free wieght db rear laterals...Also very good...at the end of your delt routine, go light get the feel and focus on adding in face pulls and wide grip upright rows, wider than I see most others but also lighter, more controled and with a bit of a pause and "squeeze" at the top....
As far as Lats, yeah wide chins, pull ups, pullovers...but afterwards and inbetween sets Streeeetch the shit out of your lats, than PWO foam roll them when your lat training and stretching is done, loosen up that facia, allow them to stretch and pump more, and recover for the next time around. I saw quick width incorporating this a couple years back while everything else was platueing for me

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael_
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws