over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What's the dosage for fish oil ?

Mrshred

Registered
What's the studied dosage for fish oil to help prevent heart disease/stroke

What's the studied dosage for fish oil to help prevent heart disease/stroke
The latest study I read said fish oil supplements that work at all. The only way to get through a mega 3 this through real fish..

from BM

The latest study I read said fish oil supplements that work at all. The only way to get through a mega 3 this through real fish..

from BM

Is it safe to eat that much fish? It depends...........Some fish are contaminated with metals, industrial chemicals, pesticides which can be detrimental to our health. In moderation it's fine, but if you want to eat enough to ensure you're getting the proper amount of EFA's in your body then you better be aware of where your fish is sourced from and it's metal, chemical and pesiticide free. Otherwise, fish in moderation is great......I am sure you've driven by lakes, streams or inter-coastal waterways where they have signs up that say do not consume for then a certain amount of fish from that waterway a week.....

With that said....."EPA and DHA have been shown to suppress immune response biomarkers, as well as to increase bleeding time and oxidative damage. Research shows that using a dose of 720 mg fish oil (4 grams fat - contained in 9 capsules - per day) had negative effects on immunity. The American Heart Association warns against supplementing more than 3 grams without remaining under a physician?s care. See http://www.americanheart.org/present...dentifier=4632"

Last edited:
As long as you're eating wild fish and not farm-raised you should be fine. Go to your local Whole Foods store and pick up some salmon. Sa Sam and because most times it comes from Alaska where the waters are are uncontaminated well at least not as contaminated as other waters.

from BM

Thanks guys. So it seems just 3 grams is plenty.

Any other supplements for heart health? I have a family history of heart problems and would like to take anything that can possibly help

3 to 5 grams.

I was going to explain all of this, but I found an article that makes it easier so I can copy and paste it...Fish oil isn't the best source of EFA's anyways. Hemp Oil is the King of EFA's.......Or buy our own members Krill Oil from CREE Supplements. Just message Johnjuanb1 and support his supplements. Krill oil is also a better alternative to Fish Oil for your EFA's.

"What science says about hemp seed oil:

Hemp seed oil is composed of nearly 85 percent essential fatty acids (EFAs) alone and offers the richest, most balanced natural source of EFAs. In fact the amount of alpha-linolenic and linolenic acid in 15 ml (one tablespoon) of hemp seed oil provides more than the daily EFA requirements suggested by the FDA. In addition, hemp seed oil is lower in saturated fatty acids than other comparable oils, is easily digested and has been shown to alleviate symptoms of atopic dermatitis (eczema) and even psoriasis.

Hemp seed oil also exhibits the highest total phenolic content and antioxidant activity compared to all other plant-based oils (with the exception of pumpkin seed oil). Naturally occurring phenolic compounds are known to play a key roll in reducing the risk of cancer, relieving systemic inflammation, acting as a powerful antioxidant and promoting free radical elimination.

Chemo-preventive (anticarcinogenic) properties of hemp seed oil work by causing apoptosis (cell death), inhibiting the cell cycle and preventing the abnormal proliferation of cells characteristic of cancerous tumors.

What science says about fish oil:

Obtained from the tissues of “oily” fish (such as sardines, salmon, tuna, anchovies etc.), fish oil contains omega-3 fatty acids and two other fatty acids called EPA and DHA. Oily fish themselves do not naturally manufacture omega-3 fatty acids but rather they accumulate it in their tissues by eating other fish that have stored amounts of omega-3 fatty acids and microalgae in their bodies.

Although studies have shown that fish oil may help reduce incidences of cardiovascular disease, its ability to relieve other conditions such as macular degeneration, cognitive decline and depression, as attributed to hemp seed oil, has not been verified.

Unfortunately, fish oil also doesn’t contain the prefect balance of omega-3 to omega-6 fatty acids for the body. Oils from most fish that are used to cultivate fish oil capsules (such as salmon, herring, mackerel, anchovies and sardines) have a profile of around seven time the omega-3 oil as omega-6 oils.Hemp seed oil contains the optimal 1:4 ratio of omega-3 to 6 required for body consumption and use.

Fish Oil Warnings from the FDA

Oil obtained from predatory, “top of the food chain” fish (albacore tuna, swordfish, king mackerel sharks etc.) often contains toxic substances due to biomagnification, or the increase in the concentration of pollutants as they pass from one food chain link to another. Mercury, chlordane, dioxin and PCBs are toxins potentially ingested by people who consume fish oil. Fish oil also produces peroxides that may cause sever gastrointestinal irritation.

Moreover, fish oil can spoil very easily compared to hemp seed oil due to the unstable nature of the highly unsaturated DHA and EPA it contains. Many of the fish oil capsules on the market are actually rancid. Unfortunately, the less saturated oil is, the more unstable it is and the faster is degrades. Because hemp seed oil is plant-based, cold pressed, packaged and stored appropriately it does not oxidize and spoil as easily."

The cardiac and haemostatic effects of dietary hempseed

Last edited:
I was going to explain all of this, but I found an article that makes it easier so I can copy and paste it...Fish oil isn't the best source of EFA's anyways. Hemp Oil is the King of EFA's.......Or buy our own members Krill Oil from CREE Supplements. Just message Johnjuanb1 and support his supplements. Krill oil is also a better alternative to Fish Oil for your EFA's.

"What science says about hemp seed oil:

Hemp seed oil is composed of nearly 85 percent essential fatty acids (EFAs) alone and offers the richest, most balanced natural source of EFAs. In fact the amount of alpha-linolenic and linolenic acid in 15 ml (one tablespoon) of hemp seed oil provides more than the daily EFA requirements suggested by the FDA. In addition, hemp seed oil is lower in saturated fatty acids than other comparable oils, is easily digested and has been shown to alleviate symptoms of atopic dermatitis (eczema) and even psoriasis.

Hemp seed oil also exhibits the highest total phenolic content and antioxidant activity compared to all other plant-based oils (with the exception of pumpkin seed oil). Naturally occurring phenolic compounds are known to play a key roll in reducing the risk of cancer, relieving systemic inflammation, acting as a powerful antioxidant and promoting free radical elimination.

Chemo-preventive (anticarcinogenic) properties of hemp seed oil work by causing apoptosis (cell death), inhibiting the cell cycle and preventing the abnormal proliferation of cells characteristic of cancerous tumors.

What science says about fish oil:

Obtained from the tissues of “oily” fish (such as sardines, salmon, tuna, anchovies etc.), fish oil contains omega-3 fatty acids and two other fatty acids called EPA and DHA. Oily fish themselves do not naturally manufacture omega-3 fatty acids but rather they accumulate it in their tissues by eating other fish that have stored amounts of omega-3 fatty acids and microalgae in their bodies.

Although studies have shown that fish oil may help reduce incidences of cardiovascular disease, its ability to relieve other conditions such as macular degeneration, cognitive decline and depression, as attributed to hemp seed oil, has not been verified.

Unfortunately, fish oil also doesn’t contain the prefect balance of omega-3 to omega-6 fatty acids for the body. Oils from most fish that are used to cultivate fish oil capsules (such as salmon, herring, mackerel, anchovies and sardines) have a profile of around seven time the omega-3 oil as omega-6 oils.Hemp seed oil contains the optimal 1:4 ratio of omega-3 to 6 required for body consumption and use.

Fish Oil Warnings from the FDA

Oil obtained from predatory, “top of the food chain” fish (albacore tuna, swordfish, king mackerel sharks etc.) often contains toxic substances due to biomagnification, or the increase in the concentration of pollutants as they pass from one food chain link to another. Mercury, chlordane, dioxin and PCBs are toxins potentially ingested by people who consume fish oil. Fish oil also produces peroxides that may cause sever gastrointestinal irritation.

Moreover, fish oil can spoil very easily compared to hemp seed oil due to the unstable nature of the highly unsaturated DHA and EPA it contains. Many of the fish oil capsules on the market are actually rancid. Unfortunately, the less saturated oil is, the more unstable it is and the faster is degrades. Because hemp seed oil is plant-based, cold pressed, packaged and stored appropriately it does not oxidize and spoil as easily."

The cardiac and haemostatic effects of dietary hempseed
Thank you for the post, kandaandm!
Pm me, Professionalmuscle members and guests, if you buy one of our products and I'll get you a free KUFFIE TUMBLER, which is a another of our custom made products, which keeps iced drinks ice cold all day, and hot drinks hot all day. It's a very cool thermos.
The link to our KRILL OIL is in my signature. :D

Last edited:
3 to 5 grams.

Of omega 3 fatty acids. Not of fish oil. Gotta check your labels. On crappier brands this could mean like 12 capsules daily

Of omega 3 fatty acids. Not of fish oil. Gotta check your labels. On crappier brands this could mean like 12 capsules daily

well....this is why i take A SEPARATE supp....COD LIVER OIL...

very cheap.....and effective..

when i buy fish oils (in stores)....normally you need to scrounge around
because they are almost ALWAYS sold out...when i skim over to the
"COD LIVER" ....its always fully stocked....and i think to myself...."with
all this knowledge out there and for god sakes GOOGLE.....you think
people would go just 1 step further in their searches".....but NOOOOO

people are LAZY as Fuck....and just don't care.

:cool:

Since fish oil is a combination of two different fatty acids, these numbers reflect a combined total. Total eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) consumption should come from a mix of real food and supplements. The more EPA and DHA is provided by the diet, the less supplementation is required.

250mg of combined EPA and DHA is the minimum dose and can be obtained via fish intake.while if want to keep heart healthy, recommend 1g daily. If the goal of supplementation is to reduce soreness, a 6g dose, spread over the course of a day, will be effective.

well....this is why i take A SEPARATE supp....COD LIVER OIL...

very cheap.....and effective..

when i buy fish oils (in stores)....normally you need to scrounge around
because they are almost ALWAYS sold out...when i skim over to the
"COD LIVER" ....its always fully stocked....and i think to myself...."with
all this knowledge out there and for god sakes GOOGLE.....you think
people would go just 1 step further in their searches".....but NOOOOO

people are LAZY as Fuck....and just don't care.

:cool:

agreed. I personally use carlsons fish oil and their cod liver oil daily

1 teaspoon of Carlson liquid fish oil 2x a day 3,200mg.

Too much Omega-3 fatty acid may increase the risk of prostatic cancer.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131