over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

fat loss plateau ADVISE PLEASE

Harry1

Registered
iv been dieting and training for 1 year now have been using synthetine mainly with occasional use of syntheselen, I have lost a lot of fat and gained some decent muscle, strength is increasing weekly and workouts are great, weight training followed by 15/20 mins cardio 5 days a week and 1 day just cardio and abs. I don't no if the fat loss has slowed down or if it has stopped I just know I cant notice it shifting as much as I did a few months ago, I have a very strict controlled diet I eat clean and only drink water and green t no other beverages.

a quick idea of my diet

BCAA / synthetine / green tea tabs before training

BCAA whilst training

1) post workout
150g chicken breast grilled - with 120g brown rice- 40g organic rolled oats made with milk/water

2) 3/3.5 hours later I have lamb with 120g brown rice sum greens on the side

3) 3/3.5 hours later 150g chicken breast grilled - with 120g brown rice

4) 150g chicken breast grilled on its own

3litres of water per day with fish caps/multi vits

I know its not the best of diets but I am eating 180grams protein per day carbs are super low and I use coconut oil and fish oil everyday I will have sum nuts sometimes if I need more fat (good sources)

I have maintained this diet for a very long time I feel good I have had regular check ups and everything is spot on, so no issues. I just feel the fat loss has slowed down or maybe stopped, the only thing that's noticeable now is muscle gains which is not bad I guess but the stomach area is still holding fat it is very soft/jiggly compared to before I lost the weight it used to be solid lol

if I train my abs I can just about see my abs coming through

any ideas/pointers/advise would be greatly appreciated I will post pics so you get the idea

thanks in advance

Go to I-Hop , get a Colorado Omelet and 2 , 3 stack pancakes.
Eat that , the next day get back on your diet.

Sounds crazy but the first time I dieted really hard and got into single digits BF range my loss stalled , had been super strict on diet for 8-10 weeks , trainer advised it was final time for a reefed meal. Half way through dinner I was sweating had the shakes , the next day I felt awesome and the fat loss started back up , for the next couple weeks then another reefed meal

he said the idea was to spark the metabolism that had been slowed from dieting that long.

Do you use cheat meals/days? Cardio may need to be increased since what you are doing seems minimal.

As mentioned above, sometimes a big refeed gives the metabolic boost needed to break through plateaus even when dieting.

When you are dieting (or bulking) for long periods your progress will eventually stall. I know you have been eating this way for a long time so your body will just hold on to everything. An extreme example is someone dieting on small calories and doing 3-4 hours training/cardio per day and they aren't losing weight. You are no different and your daily calories if you are being 100% truthful are very low. As others have stated you need to start implementing some cheat meals. I would also change up your training too. Your body responds to change. Doing the same thing day in day out will eventually stop giving you results.

Thank you guys wat a great response! nyc of u Elvia1023 to chime in, as always im greatful for the advise.
Will definitely try this, i used to hav a cheat meal but not a full day, training wise i do chop n change i went through a period where i stopped the cardio for 4 weeks and trained heavy then I introduced it back in, i no 15/20 min sounds minimal however i sprint for a minute then fast walk etc. i will post pics in the morning of my 1 year fat loss journey its been hard n iv tried to keep it healthy and steady rather than yo yo diet, again a massive thank u to all who have replied ur advise is greatly appreciated.

I have been injecting synthetine for best part of a year nw and would really like to take a break for maybe 2/3 months and allow the areas to relax lol are there any other supplements i can perhaps utilise in this period, possibly hgh frag?

180 grams of protein per day? lol you're eating like a bird.

Refeeds/cheat meals/very high carb days are absolutely essential when dieting imo for multiple reasons. They should be set in the diet and the only time they should be removed is if you are very close to a show looking to deplete hard before carbing up. If you are going hard in the gym, with diet, and doing whatever cardio you need to do the refeeds are only going to get you better and better.

But it looks like that overall diet needs some serious adjustments.

Pics

Left side is oct last year and right side is today before training

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    467.7 KB · Views: 333
Left is last year and right is about 2/3 months ago just after a pump

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    413.5 KB · Views: 333
Iv never carried a lot of muscle was always a big fat lad, weight training wise i started after a few gents on here suggested i add it in to my routine, id say i have been weight lifting from march this year properly hence y theres not a lot of muscle mass, as you know pics dont do justice i do look better in person, not the biggest of lads i weight around 158/160 / 11 stone, main target was to cut as much fat as possible and then start bulking up, i am as of next week upping the intake of food and will aim for 200+ grams of protein per day and will also add in more carbs n good fats.

Please share your opinions and let me know what you think i should do from this point

Thank you in advance

Have you looked into full body training routines. I like the way Steve Shaw has them set up. Or you can also do stronglifts5x5/madcow.

Have you looked into full body training routines. I like the way Steve Shaw has them set up. Or you can also do stronglifts5x5/madcow.

No, but i will definitely have a look in to this, thank you

you have no discernible muscle mass.

in order to get shredded, you will need to have muscle, and a good amount of it at that.

I would put a hold on the fatloss phase right now, and look into gaining lean size.

I would suggest getting a hormone panel, as your hormones may be completely whacked out from being such a fat.

a trt dose with a little AI (dosed as needed) would likely do you a LOT of good

you have no discernible muscle mass.

in order to get shredded, you will need to have muscle, and a good amount of it at that.

I would put a hold on the fatloss phase right now, and look into gaining lean size.

I would suggest getting a hormone panel, as your hormones may be completely whacked out from being such a fat.

a trt dose with a little AI (dosed as needed) would likely do you a LOT of good

Yes i have had all the above checked as advised by elvia, everything was with in normal range, the endocrinologist was very happy with my levels, and after checking myself with a little research i found them to be quite acceptable, however i was told that my test levels wer good but free test was bit below, i was told that if one is up the other could be slightly down, not sure how true this is.

Could it be due to my diet which is restricted in calories + low carbs ?

Will increase my carbs from next week also my protein and then see how i get on

I was thinking of introducing some test in can get hold of some excellent quality stuff, from a trusty source but i was hoping to try the natural approach first and then take it from there

imo you just need more muscle, you have lost most of the fat- seems just odd deposits left which are hard to cleanup...I would just focus on progression with your training. Make sure month after month you are seeing progress on your lifts- long as that is the case just be patient...and eat clean/big

Yes i have had all the above checked as advised by elvia, everything was with in normal range, the endocrinologist was very happy with my levels

yeah, my buddy's endocrinologist said that his levels were "perfectly fine".

cept my buddy had legit b-cup tits from severe gyno..

his test levels? around 270ng/dl.

it's your life man, but I would strongly suggest looking into at LEAST a trt dose.. it will only help you get to where you are wanting to go faster

I will get the numbers and post them up, if you guys can see something im not then il be grateful if you could tell me. Once again thank u all for ur tym and advise

i feel like you are chasing your tail.....

training for 1 year...???

this is your problem.....i would love to see how you "train"...

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws