over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anti aging

Slowmoe

Registered
Well I'm about to round 40, and the effects of Father Time are starting to become evident.

I was curious to know if anyone had insight on a good anti-aging regimine.

Obviously getting enough sleep and staying hydrated are two very important factors, but what else can/ do you incorporate to reduce the effects of aging.

Off the top of my head, I think HGH or peptides, but what kind of doses for optimal anti aging effects? Also, any nutritional supplements that I can add to my regimine.

And even though this may come across as somewhat metrosexual, I am open to incorporating things such as emu oil as a facial moisturizer because I have no doubt that this will help stave off wrinkles.

Thoughts?

My face looks younger now at 33 than it did when I was 27. I am reminded of this when facebook reminds me of those "on this day" pics from then.

few key points
- sleep is the most important factor
- HIIT cardio is the gold standard for anti aging. Sprinting and weight lifting are kings. Any cardio will probably work, but don't do anything silly like extreme distance running. See study below
- keep inflammation low
- supplementation: there are a bunch of drugs or supps out there that may be linked to anti aging. I take a bunch so I don't know which works and which doesn't but something is working
- Avoid benzos like Xanax, which have been linked to extreme facial aging
- drink black coffee. up to 6 cups daily has been shown to have only beneficial and zero adverse effects (unless you have some kind of genetic factor)
- moderate alcohol consumption like red wine may even help
- don't be fat

http://ergo-log.com/delayed-aging-of-elite-sprinters.html

Last edited:
How about GH? 2iu a day have substantial effect?

As an alternative, what about CJC-dac?

My face looks younger now at 33 than it did when I was 27. I am reminded of this when facebook reminds me of those "on this day" pics from then.

few key points
- sleep is the most important factor
- HIIT cardio is the gold standard for anti aging. Sprinting and weight lifting are kings. Any cardio will probably work, but don't do anything silly like extreme distance running. See study below
- keep inflammation low
- supplementation: there are a bunch of drugs or supps out there that may be linked to anti aging. I take a bunch so I don't know which works and which doesn't but something is working
- Avoid benzos like Xanax, which have been linked to extreme facial aging
- drink black coffee. up to 6 cups daily has been shown to have only beneficial and zero adverse effects (unless you have some kind of genetic factor)
- moderate alcohol consumption like red wine may even help
- don't be fat

http://ergo-log.com/delayed-aging-of-elite-sprinters.html
I agree with sleep being very important. That's why meth heads age so fast IMO. They stay up for days and days on end.

Except from the obvious like the guy above stated.

Glutathione is the most important supplement u can use.
It heals the body inside out. I do 2 injects ew with vitamin C
and vitamin A.

while its a giant blanket statement, i think oxidation or over oxidation is a key to all of this.

some of the weird posts like eyes look tierd or bad skin or things like that to me are sings of over oxidation ( as are a number of mental things ) . using aas or stims make this all worse as you are sort of increasing the amt of work your body is doing on a cellular level. throwing gas on the fire, but not doing anything to help the bodies ability to get rid of the waste on a chemical/celular level.

its in the sponsor section but the veteran supplies thread has close to 200 pages on this sorta stuff.

gh and or thigns that work on gh are sort of a double edged sword. yes there can be cosmetic differences but at the same time you are increasing cell turnover thus increasing the chance of odd mutation.

most true anti ageing ideas work to lower cell turnover. real life extesionists look to lower ifg...

cell turnover and mutation i think has a bunch to do with this too.

curcumin and cannabis hold some really interesting potential in this regaurd when you look at how they may be able to impact some of that.:eek::lightbulb:

giant complicated multifaceted subject, full of contradictory ideas.

i think controlling hormones by way of trt is a very smart idea and part of "antiaging".

Well I'm about to round 40, and the effects of Father Time are starting to become evident.

I was curious to know if anyone had insight on a good anti-aging regimine.

Obviously getting enough sleep and staying hydrated are two very important factors, but what else can/ do you incorporate to reduce the effects of aging.

Off the top of my head, I think HGH or peptides, but what kind of doses for optimal anti aging effects? Also, any nutritional supplements that I can add to my regimine.

And even though this may come across as somewhat metrosexual, I am open to incorporating things such as emu oil as a facial moisturizer because I have no doubt that this will help stave off wrinkles.

Thoughts?

Step one is full, blood work. From there if you need to replace hormones you go ahead. Test generally 200 every 10 days and GH 2 iu x 5 days etc..

i think controlling hormones by way of trt is a very smart idea and part of "antiaging".

As in, keeping testosterone levels at a high level?

well . . .

I am going to see my skin doc in about 1 hour. True story.
Am on a every 3 month total body scan. I had melanoma
behind my left ear 2 years ago. Was lucky, caught it just
in time, did not spread. I get a ‘take care of your skin’ lecture
every time I see him.

I can’t believe nobody has mentioned this. The single most
important thing you can do to keep your skin from ageing
is avoid the sun. Always wear a hat when you go outside and
keep the skin on all your other body parts cover up. I know
this will be difficult for people that risk their lives for muscles
and want to show them off but this is the truth. And if you
must bare your skin to the sun, please please wear the best,
most powerful sunscreen you can afford.

I am now paying for my youthful indiscretions with regards
to skin. I can’t begin to tell you how many hours I spent lying
out under the sun. First with little or no sunscreen, then when
I got smarter, with sunscreen, then when I really got smart I
avoided it all together.

Today he will freeze about half a dozen, what I call barnacles,
dry spots on the scalp. These are a result of my time in the
sun years ago and there is nothing I can do about it now. The
damage has been done.

So . . . as far as anti-ageing is concerned, first and foremost,
avoid the sun. Am not saying do not go outside, just keep
covered up and wear sunscreen on your face. You will thank me
later.

Do not smoke anything. This will age your skin about as much
as the sun. And as others have rightfully mentioned, keep
hydrated and moistened. A healthy, well balanced diet low in
processed foods is very important as is fluctuations in bodyweight.
(This is very stressful on your body.) Most people’s face look
better with a few extra pounds on them as it tends, tends to fill
out the facial wrinkles. (Am not saying to get fat and you will
look better.)

Seek as low stress lifestyle. Stress not only kills but it ages the
body tremendously as does high doses of steroids, diet drugs
and equally or more importantly, recreational drugs.

There are some good doctor prescribed skin defoliants that can
actually help the appearance of your skin. Use them under a
doctors supervision as they see miles of hide ever year and know
what works and does not work.

Lastly, and this is my opinion, misinformed as it may be, right now
there are no magic pills or supplements to reduce the effects of
father time. If there was than everybody who took them would
look twenty (pick a number) years younger. Some things look
promising, but for now, I would rather keep my money in my
own wallet.

Hope this helps and you find what you and everybody else is
looking for :)

Last edited:
How about GH? 2iu a day have substantial effect?

As an alternative, what about CJC-dac?

The jury is still out on this one. I think keeping a healthy blood level of IGF1 might be the key. The problem with HGH is its increase on resting heart rate, which does the opposite of anti aging generally speaking (but we don’t know if it speeds up physical aging).

No data to back any of this up. I’m just guessing on this one

As in, keeping testosterone levels at a high level?

Keeping testosterone in the range of 700-900 is definitely going to help.

It is also critically important to get sun whenever possible. Don’t get too much sun obviously, but no sun at all is bad. Sunscreen is toxic btw

Last edited:

Thoughts?

This lady has a special facial she applies.
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CS09mf9H864"]Watch This Woman Rub Semen On Her FACE! - YouTube[/ame]

I am going to see my skin doc in about 1 hour. True story.
Am on a every 3 month total body scan. I had melanoma
behind my left ear 2 years ago. Was lucky, caught it just
in time, did not spread. I get a ‘take care of your skin’ lecture
every time I see him.

I can’t believe nobody has mentioned this. The single most
important thing you can do to keep your skin from ageing
is avoid the sun. Always wear a hat when you go outside and
keep the skin on all your other body parts cover up. I know
this will be difficult for people that risk their lives for muscles
and want to show them off but this is the truth. And if you
must bare your skin to the sun, please please wear the best,
most powerful sunscreen you can afford.

I am now paying for my youthful indiscretions with regards
to skin. I can’t begin to tell you how many hours I spent lying
out under the sun. First with little or no sunscreen, then when
I got smarter, with sunscreen, then when I really got smart I
avoided it all together.

Today he will freeze about half a dozen, what I call barnacles,
dry spots on the scalp. These are a result of my time in the
sun years ago and there is nothing I can do about it now. The
damage has been done.

So . . . as far as anti-ageing is concerned, first and foremost,
avoid the sun. Am not saying do not go outside, just keep
covered up and wear sunscreen on your face. You will thank me
later.

Do not smoke anything. This will age your skin about as much
as the sun. And as others have rightfully mentioned, keep
hydrated and moistened. A healthy, well balanced diet low in
processed foods is very important as is fluctuations in bodyweight.
(This is very stressful on your body.) Most people’s face look
better with a few extra pounds on them as it tends, tends to fill
out the facial wrinkles. (Am not saying to get fat and you will
look better.)

Seek as low stress lifestyle. Stress not only kills but it ages the
body tremendously as does high doses of steroids, diet drugs
and equally or more importantly, recreational drugs.

There are some good doctor prescribed skin defoliants that can
actually help the appearance of your skin. Use them under a
doctors supervision as they see miles of hide ever year and know
what works and does not work.

Lastly, and this is my opinion, misinformed as it may be, right now
there are no magic pills or supplements to reduce the effects of
father time. If there was than everybody who took them would
look twenty (pick a number) years younger. Some things look
promising, but for now, I would rather keep my money in my
own wallet.

Hope this helps and you find what you and everybody else is
looking for :)

I am sorry you are dealing with issues, but sun exposure is really important for health and longevity. Melanomas happen when oxidative stress leads to mutations which leads to more incidence of cancers, combine this with immunity not up to par (body destroys cancers everyday) and certain genetic factors dictating how much sun you can tolerate also play a role.

Really pale folks obviously need to show more discretion. There are risks of early death and cancers from not enough sunlight as well. Look at your genetic heritage, if you are from scandanavian background obviously you need to be more cautious than someone from the tropics. Especially dark skinned people can develop autoimmune and other diseases at a higher rate when they move to northern latitudes with less sunlight.

All the best for you and your health! Just offering a counterpoint to the institutional notion telling us to avoid sunlight. Early morning light is especially important for reasons mainstream science and medicine wont even touch yet.

I am actually developing a research backed EGCG skin cream proven to reduce oxidative stress after sun exposure. You could try making your own with green tea extract or just take it orally. It is powerful against cancers.

Last edited:
Keeping testosterone in the range of 700-900 is definitely going to help.

It is also critically important to get sun whenever possible. Don’t get too much sun obviously, but no sun at all is bad. Sunscreen is toxic btw

ALL 3 points are 100% correct in my opinion. Telling someone to get no sun exposure as someone did above is way off. Sunscreen is absolutely toxic from what I can tell with up to date information that has been put out in the last dozen years.

To the guy that asked about DAC..- I believe low dose MK-677 could be exactly what you want. I don't think IGF in the 300-350range is a negative thing- nor do some cutting edge physicians like Dr. Rand McClain.

:headbang:

Use Omega 3's, keep your Vitamin D levels around 60, take vitamin K2, Curcumin, Ubiquinol, Arjuna, Astagalus, Magnesium, B vitamins, and Zinc.

[Edited in] Take probiotics and or eat things that promote healthy gut bacteria. (kombucha, kefir, kimchi, sauerkraut)

Eat garlic.

Look into Pteostilbene, Astaxanthin, Melatonin, and PQQ usage.

Use glutathione if you can. Try to lengthen your telomeres with Astragalus and other cutting edge methods.

Manage stress.
Manage blood pressure.
Manage blood glucose and Hb1ac.
Manage estrogen.
Take care of your joints.
Take care of your prostate.

Keep an open mind about stem-cell therapy whether you have to travel abroad for it or the good methods come to the USA.

Last edited:
I think there are so many toxins in our modern environment that we are at a serious disadvantage compared to our grand and great grand parents. On both sides my folks back in that generation lived a long long time and both sexes. Talking late 80s to close to 100. One generation forward and the years started ticking off faster. Cancer, heart disease, diabetes all started rearing their ugly heads. Neurodegenerative diseases Alzheimers and senile dementia, vascular dementia all popped up.

I really think all of this stuff is diet and toxin related. So the simple answer is to go back 70 years and live in that time or try to avoid toxicity as much as possible. My grandparent's and great grands generations worked basically around the clock and some of them smoked like chimneys. Still they lives a long ass time. I'm pretty sure their hormones were just fine as well since my grandfather one one side was ripped and muscular all his life. The other one loved his pasta so was a bit chubby but was a horny bastage from most accounts.

This POS food pyramid probably took more years of life than all the wars in human history through diabetes and cardiac disease.

So my answer would be avoid toxins as much as possible, alcohol and cannibis in moderation if at all. Eat as close to the earth as possible and if you must supplement GH axis and sex hormone axis as necessary to maintain healthy levels. Use of AAS and GH axis drug to extreme will have the opposite effect.

It may be important to realize that GH axis and AAS drugs were developed to treat disease states characterized mostly by debilitation and failure to thrive. So in my mind mild to moderate use for short periods once or twice a year may not be too detrimental. Doing 2+ grams of AAS and greater than 2-3 iu a day during these periods is probably not wise.

As a reminder of therepeutic doses:
Equipoise: 1 mg/kg every 3 weeks in horses (ie 500 mg in a horse)
Testosterone: replace 1- 2 mg/kg per week to 2 weeks in men
Stanozolol: 2-5 mg/d in human for HAE treatment; 50 - 100 mg/w or E2W in horses.
nandrolone decanoate: 50-200 mg every 2-3 weeks in humans
GH: 0.5 - 2 iu every day to EOD in humans as replacement

Using these figures I surmised years ago that use of these things for BBing purposes probably should have limits. based on what the human body should be able to withstand on average given it was engineered by a competent engineer.

Testosterone: no more than amount to give 2x normal range (2400 ng/dL). Roughly 300 mg/w

AAS: no more than amount to give 2x normal range of testosterone (2400 ng/dL). Again roughly 300 mg/w.

GH: No more than will give an IGF-1 level above 300-350 ng/mL. Half that for longevity.

Note: this will not lead to an IFBB pro physique but may preserve some years on your life.

Last edited:
Thanks for the detailed responses

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anC1W1YYJ04"]Top "6" Ways To Live Longer (LONGEVITY) - YouTube[/ame]

PUBMED study about the anti aging properties of glutathione. Interesting.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5413479/

Please read this

What Glutathione Is and Its Importance for Your Immune Health.

NOTE TO EVERYONE IN THIS THREAD - READ THIS
What Glutathione Is and Its Importance for Your Immune Health.

Regulation of cell growth and division
For cells to grow and divide they go through several very complex stages. Glutathione reduces the oxides, such as hydrogen peroxide, inside the cell that would otherwise prevent cell division and growth.

DNA synthesis and repair (synthesis - reproduction/creation of a new copy)
Glutathione protects the DNA from oxidative stress during cell division which allows for DNA synthesis (division). When the DNA is mutated by a free radical stealing an electron from the DNA, glutathione repairs the mutated DNA by giving up an electron to the DNA (replacing the DNA’s missing electron).

Protein synthesis
Glutathione maintains our proteins in their proper form. Its sulfur atom reacts with unnatural sulfur-sulfur bonds in proteins, breaking them and allowing the proper pairings to form.

Amino acid transport (transport - movement into, out of, within a cell, or between cells, by means of some agent such as a transporter)
Glutathione is predominately located in the cell, whereas a major fraction of the cellular y-glutamyl transpeptidase (glutathione enzyme) is on the external surface of cell membranes. This means intracellular glutathione is translocated out of many cells – glutathione moves substances, such as amino acids, in and out of the cell.

Enzyme catalysis
Glutathione provides the mechanism by which many enzymes are changed (reduced, transformed or changed from one state to another state). Glutathione is the bridge (catalysis) in the chemical reaction between some enzymes.

Enzyme activation
The highly reactive sulfide bond in glutathione wakes up or activates enzymes so that they carry out their function or are moved from one phase to the next.

Metabolism of toxins (metabolism or biotransformation – breaking down, activating or transforming)
In the liver, the enzyme glutathione S-transferase takes the sulfur from glutathione and attaches it to toxic molecules, this makes the toxin more water soluble (it is diluted in water easily). Once a toxin is water soluble, it is transported to the body's elimination systems and is excreted from the body.

Metabolism of carcinogens
Glutathione enzymes transform carcinogens, through chemical reaction, to unreactive and non-genotoxic compounds that can be eliminated without causing damage to the cell or DNA.

Metabolism of xenobiotics (xenobiotics - chemical components (drugs and poisons) foreign to the body)
Glutathione interacts with foreign chemicals (primarily, it is a scavenger of harmful xenobiotics that have been oxidized) compounds to neutralize and break them down, then eliminate them from the body.

Conjugation to heavy metals (conjugation – joining with and transforming by becoming part of)
Glutathione joins with heavy metals to neutralize them and eliminate them from the body.

Conjugation to xenobiotics
In some instances, depending on the state of the xenobiotic, glutathione joins with it instead of metabolizing it.

Enhancement of systemic immune function
The immune system works best if the lymphoid cells have properly balanced glutathione. The cloning of T-cells consumes large quantities of cysteine. Macrophages (type of white blood cells), which are only present in sufficient quintiles when there is sufficient glutathione, provide the cysteine for the T-cell cloning. Glutathione regulates the binding, internalization, degradation and T-cell proliferation by increasing, as much as two times, the number of binding cellular receptors. More receptors equates to more T-cells being produced simultaneously (multiple T-cell cloning). Cellular GSH also affects the growth and replication of T-cells through growth stimulating cytokines.

Enhancement of humoral immune function
The role of glutathione in the humoral response is that it protects the cells taking part in the humoral response all along this complex process.
A quick synapsis of the humoral immune response: “humoral” means circulating in the bloodstream. This is an immune response (chiefly against bacterial invasion) that is mediated by B cells and involves the transformation of B cells into plasma cells that produce and secrete antibodies to a specific antigen.
The process in a nutshell: macrophages engulf and digest the invading pathogen. The digested pieces activate helper T cells which in turn activate the proliferation of B cells that are programed for the specific invading pathogen.

Resistance to UV radiation
Glutathione detoxifies reactive oxygen radicals created by radiation which reduces the damage to the cell. Glutathione also interacts covalently and noncovalently (neutralizes the reactivity in several ways) with parts of the cell that keep the cell from triggering apoptosis (cell death).

Decreases radiation damage
The action of glutathione in decreasing the damage from radiation is the same as in resistance to UV radiation above.

Decreases free radical damage
The crucial cysteine molecule is the key to the protection afforded by glutathione. Its sulfur atom scavenges destructive molecules (peroxides and free radicals) converting them to harmless compounds, such as water.

Decreases oxyradical damage
Glutathione detoxifies reactive oxygen radicals by giving them an electron which effectively neutralizes them, or glutathione joins with the oxyradical which again neutralizes it.

Metabolizing of hydrogen peroxide (H2O2)
Glutathione biotransforms hydrogen peroxide by turning it into harmless water.

Recycling of other antioxidants (master antioxidant role)
Glutathione recycles oxidized lipoic acid, vitamin C and E by restoring them to an active state, mostly by donating the electrons that they used in metabolizing (neutralizing) free radicals. So, instead of having this army of antioxidants flushed out, they are recycled by glutathione and sent back out to work.

Storage and transport of cysteine
Glutathione is a tripeptide made up of amino acids CYSTEINE, glycine and glutamate. Glutathione provides and determines the amount and availability of neuronal cysteine.

Regulation of homocysteine
The methionine cycle and the transsulfuration sequence compose the mechanisms for homocysteine metabolism. Transsulfuration sequence requires large quantities of cysteine. It is suspected that the rapid turnover of glutathione in the liver, kidneys, small intestine and pancreas accounts for the metabolism of homocysteine in these organs. Homocysteine metabolism also involves multiple enzymes. Excessive homocysteine is a known contributing factor of hardening of arteries (atherosclerosis).

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bradyfan127
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131