advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What does your intermittent fasting diet look like for longevity purposes?

johnjuanb1

Featured Member / Sponsor Rep
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Sponsors
For all you guys doing intermittent fasting for longevity, convenience, to drop body fat, etc., what are the hours you fast and when do you eat? Is 3 meals enough? I’m considering intermittent fasting for convenience and health.
Is this a decent schedule?

Meal 1: noon
Meal 2: 3pm
Meal 3: 6pm

Protein shake post workout.

Let’s hear what you have learned and experienced from intermittent fasting?
Are you on HRT only while incorporating this schedule?

I believe the ultimate longevity approach would be to fit all your eating within one or two meals. Each meal is going to require insulin release... And the less time spent with insulin circulating, the better.

Obviously our goals conflict with the longevity crowd, to an extent... So with that being said, I personally follow your proposed schedule. Will I gain maximum amounts of muscle? No way. But I feel infinitely better than when I'm trying to force feed all day long.

Edit: I should add, it's nice to see you prioritizing health. You seem like too nice a guy to keel over and die early!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
What I do now

Meal 1 lunch around 1 pm

Snack- protein shake and some peanuts 5pm

Dinner 7pm

Snack around 11 pm

Train in the morning around 10 am.

So I only eat 2 real meals a day. Lunch and dinner.

I still manage to weigh 240 lbs.

Last edited:
I believe the ultimate longevity approach would be to fit all your eating within one or two meals. Each meal is going to require insulin release... And the less time spent with insulin circulating, the better.

Obviously our goals conflict with the longevity crowd, to an extent... So with that being said, I personally follow your proposed schedule. Will I gain maximum amounts of muscle? No way. But I feel infinitely better than when I'm trying to force feed all day long.

Edit: I should add, it's nice to see you prioritizing health. You seem like too nice a guy to keel over and die early!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thank you. 🙏
This schedule seems doable and affordable.
My last AAS shot was June 10th.
I’m trying to get my body cleaned up. 👍

What is a good protein, fat, carb ratio per meal, calories per meal, grams of each?

Open ended fasting where you only eat around strenuous workouts. If you have an off day, you do not eat.

For normies, a 18/6 IF schedule with one 48-72+ hr fast per month would be so great. You would keep trim wihout much micro managing. Even that probably seems extreme to many people who are accustomed to eating a lot.

One meal a day with no snacking is pretty simple and you get to eat everyday.

Tbh and imo. These daily IF schedules are great but the real health changes are in the extended 72hr fasts. If you ever have some extra fat to lose, try it. It is pretty powerful, and you learn a alot about what it really means to be hungry. Fasting is a whole lifestyle you can really get into.

Last edited:
Open ended fasting where you only eat around strenuous workouts. If you have an off day, you do not eat.

For normies, a 18/6 IF schedule with one 48-72+ hr fast per month would be so great. You would keep trim wihout much micro managing. Even that probably seems extreme to many people who are accustomed to eating a lot.

One meal a day with no snacking is pretty simple and you get to eat everyday.

Tbh and imo. These daily IF schedules are great but the real health changes are in the extended 72hr fasts. If you ever have some extra fat to lose, try it. It is pretty powerful, and you learn a alot about what it really means to be hungry. Fasting is a whole lifestyle you can really get into.

Are you able to sleep when you fast for 72 hours? Do you use stimulants to get through the work day?

Are you able to sleep when you fast for 72 hours? Do you use stimulants to get through the work day?

I sleep very light and short when fasting longer but i still feel reasonably rested, it is not the same as having a bad sleep where you wake up a lot. I stop caffeine when doing these because it is just too much, on longer fasting you are already running on high with the neurotransmitters and hormones driving you, heart rate is elevated already, do not need to add to it. You should be able to work fine if you already practice decent IF schedule and do not live off blood sugar. If you take electrolyte you should feel fine if you are at least accustomed to a bit of IF and not relying on blood sugars.

I know a dude that just ended his 21 day. 3 is the most i have gone. You can honestly workout fine on fasts too.

Use sodium, potassium and also Ca, Mg, bicarbonate when fasting for best results in your water.

Some people do dry fasts, no drinking or eating. Good for healing and it does seem to burn fat faster not drinking any water. If you are drinking water, do not ever do really long fasts on plain water, you will fuck yourself up. Snake diet guy is the source for best info.

Last edited:
I started fasting because I enjoy food way too much and used to eat HUGE meals each sitting.

I started with 14/10 but then easily got used to 18/6 and even threw in a few 24 hour fasts a month (it gets really easy)

I was able to keep my abs without trying and eat fairly normal meals but was only able to fit in 2 big ones rather than say 5.

1st meal was always around 5pm and last was around midnight with maybe a snack in between.

I like to sleep with a full belly and it never affected body fat at all in a negative way.

I like to sleep with a full belly and it never affected body fat at all in a negative way.

Im with you on that. Having at least a snack before bed helps me get to sleep easier.

Thank you. 🙏
This schedule seems doable and affordable.
My last AAS shot was June 10th.
I’m trying to get my body cleaned up. 👍

Whats AAS are you taking right now?

Are you on a normal TRT dosage and have dropped the multiple compound cruise?

I use a 16/8 schedule and just restrict carb intake during my feeding window. Works well with my workout regimen and since my protein intake is still fairly high I'm able to maintain and even add a little lean mass and cut weight when needed by just adjusting my protein intake when needed.

Meal 1 lunch around 1 pm

Snack- protein shake and some peanuts 5pm

Dinner 7pm

Snack around 11 pm

Train in the morning around 10 am.

So I only eat 2 real meals a day. Lunch and dinner.

I still manage to weigh 240 lbs.

Wow! To hold 240Lbs is damn good! How many calories are your 2 food meals each?

Whats AAS are you taking right now?

Are you on a normal TRT dosage and have dropped the multiple compound cruise?

I’ve been natural for 7 months. I found a local HRT doctor but I’m trying to wait and see if my natural test comes up. I haven’t gotten blood work so i have no idea what my testosterone level is currently.

I’ve been natural for 7 months. I found a local HRT doctor but I’m trying to wait and see if my natural test comes up. I haven’t gotten blood work so i have no idea what my testosterone level is currently.

john, so what's it been like sine july and being completely off? how have you been feeling mood/emotionally?

also, what are you weighing? how have you held your size since then?

Don't over think fasting too much mate, which it sounds like you are. Just like with aas, and workouts, you need to try what suits you best. I prefer 1-2 meals a day and it really varies on the day and how busy I am. Most of the time I don't break my fast till I get off work and come home which is usually around 5-6 PM and I workout early in the morning typically 6 am ish.

I've played with a lot of different fasting techniques but never noticed much if any of a difference physique or strength wise.

I have done quite a lot of research on fasting over the years. It sounds like you are nearly there. I wouldn't overdo the fasting. Keep it simple and not for too long. I wouldn't do any long term fasts like many do (1 week+). There are guys who do 30 day water fasts which is crazy. I would generally keep it to 24 hours max. Most days the 18/6 protocol sounds about right. 3 balanced meals in those 6 hours and 1 could just be a postworkout shake if you wanted.

I haven't done it much but I don't like trying to fit all my daily cals (even if only 2000-2500) in 2 meals. 2 meals and 2 snacks is completely different. 3-4 feedings sounds ideal to me personally. Especially as I like to eat lean meats, fruits and not calorie loaded foods. Healthy fats are obviously a must and they put the cals up a lot but again I personally prefer 3-4 meals/snacks over 2.

Wow! To hold 240Lbs is damn good! How many calories are your 2 food meals each?

To be honest I don't measure it all out exactly. Usually for lunch I have about 200 grams of vegitables and 130 g of chicken. Half an apple with that. THat is meal one.

Meal two will be the same but more meat, and if I go out to eat I don't measure anything. We eat out dinner about 3 nights a week.

Good plan. Be patient because it might come back. The big thing is, how do you feel? I hope it comes back for you. mine did not, but I tried.

john, so what's it been like sine july and being completely off? how have you been feeling mood/emotionally?

also, what are you weighing? how have you held your size since then?

I’m more mellow and don’t rage out.
I now know what it’s like for women having to diet super hard or turn into a pear shape body. I’m still 213Lbs but put on a ton of fat all in my stomach and waist.
I’m weak. I’ve lost a ton of muscle.
My prostate keeps improving . My blood pressure is much better. My heart rate is almost half what it was. I no longer feel pressure in my heart and chest. Basically, I’m a lot healthier but ache more and am weak.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws