over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Citrus Bergamot (wow!)

Zarati

Registered
after 4 weeks taking 1gram a day (Jarrow Formula), my Triglycerides dropped by 50%. It is somewhat pricey, but well worth it. No changes in diet or anything.

after 4 weeks taking 1gram a day (Jarrow Formula), my Triglycerides dropped by 50%. It is somewhat pricey, but well worth it. No changes in diet or anything.

Wow...from what to what numbers now?
Take care.
MS

Were you fasted both times?

For those that are interested in this subject, it's been talked about in depth here on PM. Don't forget to search from time to time!

Had to stop taking it as it dropped mine to much over a year. I actually started effecting the good cholesterol, my thought is it is supposed to raise HDL but after dropping total cholesterol over 100 points it had to start pulling from somewhere.

It's a great supplement. I am off it now. I will take it again though. I mainly use it on blast or during and after oral usage. As others have posted it can drop levels significantly.

may i ask, what was your timing of the doses?
morning ? night? or does it matter.

may i ask, what was your timing of the doses?
morning ? night? or does it matter.

Citrus Bergamot acts very similarly to a statin through inhibiting HMG-CoA reductase. There's suggestive literature that the circadian rhythms of HMG-CoA reductase is more active at night, it would stand plausible to dose at least one of your doses prior to bed.

Citrus Bergamot acts very similarly to a statin through inhibiting HMG-CoA reductase. There's suggestive literature that the circadian rhythms of HMG-CoA reductase is more active at night, it would stand plausible to dose at least one of your doses prior to bed.

Does it matter whether or not I take this on an empty stomach? And if it does, how do you define an empty stomach?

what was your daily dose and what brand did you use?

what was your daily dose and what brand did you use?

In the opening post he gave that info ,1 gram/day and Jarrow is the brand

Doesn’t beegamont more or less work through the same pathways as statins? Would be significantly cheaper to run 10mg atorvastatin eod as a year costs about $20. Haven’t thoroughly looked at the moa though

Hope this means it works like a statin in only the good ways

Awesome to hear how effective it's been. I've used it year round for a couple years now at 500mg/day and also use Jarrow.

I didn't know it worked through inhibiting Hmg-COA though..

Not really, just means that it does the same thing as a statin

If you are suggesting that CB contains the same downsides as statins do, please provide references or explanations as to why.

If that is not what you are suggesting, then you misunderstood my post.

If you are suggesting that CB contains the same downsides as statins do, please provide references or explanations as to why.

If that is not what you are suggesting, then you misunderstood my post.

Guess that depends on what the perceived downsides to statins are? (Not to say that I don’t think there are)

I haven’t looked really at any literature comparing, but since they work through the same mechanism I would assume that they would be comparable in effects/side effects

Hope this means it works like a statin in only the good ways

As far as I know it's not myotoxic on terpenoids and mevalonate synthesis as it's believed that statins are. Actually it's quite the opposite being mitochondrial friendly.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bradyfan127
NapsGear