over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Low strength, weak shoulders

HONGOGRIMES

Registered
I would like to be given tips or recommendations about how to work the shoulder and triceps and how to gain strength / size. It is by far my weakest group in terms of strength and I think also aesthetically.
Today I noticed this in the incline press, I started with a flat and I was able to throw 10 8 and 6 reps with 100 kg with the correct retraction. When I went to the incline press I noticed that low strength due to my weak shoulders. I did not achieve the stipulated reps, I could only do 4 with 80kg and fail in that series, so I went down to 70 and failed again with only 7 reps this time. I also have weak triceps, in the standing shoulder press they always fail me and the shoulder can continue with partials reps (the same in pin press, i lift with less weight than bench press)

Last edited:
I think we need an intervention for you now.

No more threads for hongogrimes :p

Next time start with incline presses and see how you do. Then go down to flat and you will find you will likely be weaker if you went all out on the inclines previously.

Seriously stop worrying about every single detail. Just train hard and try to improve. Start with inclines if they are weaker. Just do the basics and try and you will get stronger if you eat better and allow recovery. Most peoples incline or shoulder pressing are weaker than their flat presses so it's very normal especially if you train them second.

Stop overcomplicating this stuff and worrying over nothing.

Have you been training long? Because 70kg is like 150lbs..and only hitting that for 7 reps is terrible (if you’re on gear lol). Unless you were talking about dumbbells lol

Sounds to me like you need some food and some heavy lifting and in time it’ll all come together. Do some rest pause dog crapp training.

And start military pressing. Don’t use leg drive. Strict pressing. It’s a fun exercise.. and you look like a beast once you’re repping out 225/100kg doing standing militarys. Definitely won’t have weak shoulders then.

Last edited:
I'm sorry again, I know I'm annoying 😅, what happens is that I've improved since I eat more protein, I train with less volume and I read this forum. I've been stuck for a while and now, I'm getting stronger!
thanks friend
I think we need an intervention for you now.

No more threads for hongogrimes :p

Next time start with incline presses and see how you do. Then go down to flat and you will find you will likely be weaker if you went all out on the inclines previously.

Seriously stop worrying about every single detail. Just train hard and try to improve. Start with inclines if they are weaker. Just do the basics and try and you will get stronger if you eat better and allow recovery. Most peoples incline or shoulder pressing are weaker than their flat presses so it's very normal especially if you train them second.

Stop overcomplicating this stuff and worrying over nothing.

Also take leverage into consideration. Everyone has their own individual bio-mechanics that give them advantages in certain lifts. Additional body weight, whether muscle or adipose, can help you in lifts. That's why you'll see guys that are fat jacked benching decent numbers. They're also the same guys that can't do a single pull-up and curl dumbbells someone much smaller might be able to. Those two lifts are really only powered by the strength of a muscular contraction.

There's a "personal trainer" at my gym that can squat 405, but I've seen him struggle with 55 lb preacher curls. Why? Because his 38" gut and blubber give him leverage in the squat.

Striving for a stellar strength-to-weight ratio is my top priority along with improving my physique.

Personally, I'm shitty at chest pressing movements, but half decent at shoulder pressing movements. I feel the gap between my chest pressing poundages and shoulder pressing poundages should be wider, but it's not. Out of push, pull, and leg strengths, pulling is my greatest. Just how I'm built I suppose.

Andrei touched on that a bit here: https://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/1925017-post18.html

Also take leverage into consideration. Everyone has their own individual bio-mechanics that give them advantages in certain lifts. Additional body weight, whether muscle or adipose, can help you in lifts. That's why you'll see guys that are fat jacked benching decent numbers. They're also the same guys that can't do a single pull-up and curl dumbbells someone much smaller might be able to. Those two lifts are really only powered by the strength of a muscular contraction.

There's a "personal trainer" at my gym that can squat 405, but I've seen him struggle with 55 lb preacher curls. Why? Because his 38" gut and blubber give him leverage in the squat.

Striving for a stellar strength-to-weight ratio is my top priority along with improving my physique.

Personally, I'm shitty at chest pressing movements, but half decent at shoulder pressing movements. I feel the gap between my chest pressing poundages and shoulder pressing poundages should be wider, but it's not. Out of push, pull, and leg strengths, pulling is my greatest. Just how I'm built I suppose.

Andrei touched on that a bit here: https://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/1925017-post18.html

Yes, Everyone is going to have lifts that they are naturally weak or strong in. I had a strong squat and bentover barbell row. My deadlifts were just ok and my bench was weak. I could squat 495 for 8 reps but only deadlift that much for 3. Bench I was doing 315 for about 5 or 6 and had to do decline because flat tore up my shoulders. I could do bentover rows with a lot more weight and managed 405 for 5 once.

A lot of it is about your natural leverage how long your bones are and where the tendons attach at. There was a guy at the gym that was much smaller than me and he would rep out 315 for 12 reps on the bench. He was maybe 185 lbs. Thin looking.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear