YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Winsterol and anavar not shutting down HPTA?

chinaboy

Kilo Klub Member
I was watching a Dave Palumbo video the other day and he stated that low to moderate does of winsterol and anavar do not suppress homogenous testosterone . He also said you do not need a PCT following winsterol or anavar only cycle. What do you think?

It was always my understanding that it doesn't take much of any male hormone to upset the HPTA. Palumbo did state the larger the dose the greater the chance of shutdown.

I had always though if you take any dose of an AAS you would shutdown natural production and therefore need to supplement with a TRT dose on top of whatever else you were taking. But this video has Palumbo that this is not the case.

Dave says some smart stuff...he also says some things Im very surprised at.

The body is pretty smart. It may not cause complete shutdown but if it senses exogenous androgens, it will down-regulate its own production.

Anavar will certainly cut your total T down at least in half. But var and Winnie both lower shbg, so your free t may actually increase. Until you discontinue use at least. Then the combo of low total T and high SHBG may make you wish you pct’d

Last edited:
There was a study showing 10mg of var to not suppress endogenous hormones. I sound like a jackass since I cant find the study but he's not making this up, dont know about winny.

There was a study showing 10mg of var to not suppress endogenous hormones. I sound like a jackass since I cant find the study but he's not making this up, dont know about winny.

Not many guys are using only 10mg of var but if they are it’s good to know that their endogenous hormones won’t be affected

Not many guys are using only 10mg of var but if they are it’s good to know that their endogenous hormones won’t be affected

Yeah for performance 10mg for a man is nearly worthless, but var is used in medical settings for muscle wasting and they figured out the threshold effect.

Dave is 95% correct and 5% of the time he has some completely incorrect bioscience, usually stuff that was once thought to be true and has since been proven otherwise. If he did say this, this is an example of that 5%.

Dave is 95% correct and 5% of the time he has some completely incorrect bioscience, usually stuff that was once thought to be true and has since been proven otherwise. If he did say this, this is an example of that 5%.

Thats what I was thinking. I like his show yet when he said this I was thinking he was off.

When I was 50 my natural total test level measured at 550 ng/dL. I did an experiment and took 10 mg/d of anavar. 4 weeks in my total test was 280 ng/dL.

Yeah for performance 10mg for a man is nearly worthless, but var is used in medical settings for muscle wasting and they figured out the threshold effect.

I an NOT sure thats accurate, Ironlion2. Unless the substance changed over the years, the addition of Oxandrolone to the cycle was 2.5mg(thats how it used to come) 2x daily, then 3x daily and peaking at 4x.... for a total of 10mg.
Some folk would really get the full effect of it at that dose, especially in the strength department.
Not saying that the dose it needs to be taken at, just that certain athletes used to get benefits taking it like that.

Perfect description. Very smart guy but some stuff he must have heard/learnt decades ago and I guess he never researched again. Avar definitely suppresses test levels in males even at low doses. I have seen a few blood works over the years from men on the forums. The same applies for dbol as well as that was often touted (wrongly) as a great bridge between cycles due to the fact it doesn't suppress test levels at low doses.

I rember years ago people talking about taking 5mg d-bol in the morning as a bridge and thinking the body wouldnt notice. I first heard this early 2000s.

Shouldn't it have went up?

If you're assuming oxandrolone measures as testosterone on the Testosterone assays you are incorrect.

When I was 50 my natural total test level measured at 550 ng/dL. I did an experiment and took 10 mg/d of anavar. 4 weeks in my total test was 280 ng/dL.

Not that I dont believe you, but I'm sure you had prefect controlled variables in that assessment?

I an NOT sure thats accurate, Ironlion2. Unless the substance changed over the years, the addition of Oxandrolone to the cycle was 2.5mg(thats how it used to come) 2x daily, then 3x daily and peaking at 4x.... for a total of 10mg.
Some folk would really get the full effect of it at that dose, especially in the strength department.
Not saying that the dose it needs to be taken at, just that certain athletes used to get benefits taking it like that.

I misread as he said it wont suppress TEST, low dose var in males with dwarfism only had LH and TT lowered as compared to other AAS which inhibit FSH etc. Still searching for the muscle wasting study on coma patients, though again it doesnt matter as none of us are in a damn coma nor are we worried about HPTA suppression as AAS users.

Not that I dont believe you, but I'm sure you had prefect controlled variables in that assessment?

I misread as he said it wont suppress TEST, low dose var in males with dwarfism only had LH and TT lowered as compared to other AAS which inhibit FSH etc. Still searching for the muscle wasting study on coma patients, though again it doesnt matter as none of us are in a damn coma nor are we worried about HPTA suppression as AAS users.

Var doesn't aromatize to estradiol so it doesn't suppress GNRH, which is regulated by estradiol, however, "excess" androgens, especially DHT (which var is based on) do shut down LH directly by regulating it through feedback at the pituitary. I just posted a study a few months ago that proves this. This is how var can just shut down test.

BTW, I've had var show up on bloodwork as DHT when "ELISA methodology" is used (this means they used a cheap immuno-reactive test instead of a LC/MS).

ummm performance has nothing to do with cosmetics.:lightbulb:

bb'ers are usually not athletes by and large and by and large they desire effects that are actually counter productive to true athletic performance...

ever notice on here when you see a post on a famous track athlete banned for aas???

everyone and there bro jumps up and down with some goofy internet cycle refference saying why are these professional olympica athletes and there world class trainers giving them such stupid drug advice?

he would be much better with 700mg tren then 70mg var or wini....wk....:eek::eek::eek:

lol
:star-w:rs

Good 'ol Searle Anavar, 2.5mg.

More from Palumbo on this:

[youtube]https://youtu.be/itKBVXtnb_c?t=257[/youtube]

When did the [youtube] tags stop working?

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GhostriderTX
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner