over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The Chicken Pound

inoverdrive

Kilo Klub Member / Verified Customer
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Dont know if anyone uses this place but it sure does come in handy and the chicken is great. I prep meals but absolutely hate cooking for hours! Now if I can just get or find some LBA's

Question for you: how much are you paying for this and what do you do for a living?

I remember Skip Hill posted on FB awhile back and I had to comment. It definitely got a discussion going. He basically asked why ANYONE would ever pay money to use a meal prep company....and I basically asked the same thing. Unless you are sponsored by them and get shit for free, IMO, there is just absolutely no way to make that food work financially. I get that people might use this stuff out of convenience but putting 5lbs of chicken into a crockpot (what $12 there?) can beat whatever CHicken Pound has going.

And not trying to hate at all because believe me, I've almost pulled the trigger on Chicken Pound MULTIPLE times....the flavors looks amazing. But at the last minute I'm searching around for a discount code and cant justify paying that insane price for something I do all the time...cook.

Question for you: how much are you paying for this and what do you do for a living?

I remember Skip Hill posted on FB awhile back and I had to comment. It definitely got a discussion going. He basically asked why ANYONE would ever pay money to use a meal prep company....and I basically asked the same thing. Unless you are sponsored by them and get shit for free, IMO, there is just absolutely no way to make that food work financially. I get that people might use this stuff out of convenience but putting 5lbs of chicken into a crockpot (what $12 there?) can beat whatever CHicken Pound has going.

And not trying to hate at all because believe me, I've almost pulled the trigger on Chicken Pound MULTIPLE times....the flavors looks amazing. But at the last minute I'm searching around for a discount code and cant justify paying that insane price for something I do all the time...cook.

Literally THIS..

wow...10 bucks for a pound of chicken...???:eek::confused:

wow...10 bucks for a pound of chicken...???:eek::confused:

I buy chicken breast on sale all the time for $1.99/pound .I can grill or crockpot 4 days worth at a time. I enjoy cooking and I love to save money .I just couldn’t justify spending $10/pound for chicken.

While the prices are insane, I think SOMETIMES it can be justified when time is really a limiting factor. There's times with my career where I'll be putting in 100+ hour weeks and I've used a meal prep company during those times to help stay on track. Not a typical situation at all, and I hate having to shell out $10 a meal, but it makes the difference between either not eating or getting crappy take out food.

That said, I bought an instapot (so I'm obligated to talk about it, lol) and that's made meal prep a million times easier and a whole lot quicker these days.

Go to Walmart. You can get an entire chicken for $4.50. It comes in various seasonings (spices, no sauce). Its cooked and piping hot ready to eat. Peel skin off and have at it. Cant beat the price and very little prep.

I cook every night, hands down. Been prepping my food for years. And I have saved a ton considering the quality of food I am eating and for the price. I can also tell you I have known a lot of people who have paid for meal prep. The bottom line is this: people pay for convienience. This is no different than valet parking your car vs finding street parking, getting laundry cleaned and folded vs doing it yourself or going to Duncan donuts/Starbucks instead of brewing your own coffee. They are selling convienience.

I get everyone can buy it cheaper and make it themselves but that is not a fair comparison, we´re talking marinated, grilled, cut into bite sized pieces, put into microwavable containers and delivered to your doorstep here...plus the chicken is kept cage free and is antibiotic and hormone free to boot, that is the comparison you´ve got to make, people sometimes don´t want to cook and like to call for home delivery, go to get take aways and some even go to restaurants the spendy bastards :)

i'v heard Palumbo mention this place in a video i watched recently and commented how it was very deliciously seasoned and i can def see how it can be very convenient for some to that point where it will make a diff in the person's end goal/results

all that said ..i'v been at this for some time (..started when i was 23, now i'm sliding down the back half of 40)
..i'm usually up by 5 to make my breakfast and my meals for the day

..but just wtf, i'm almost embarrassed to say that i have never thought to stick 5lbs of chicken in a crockpot in all that time :eek:
..other things, yes ..but not a pile of chicken like that

^^^WHAT A GREAT IDEA!!!!! ..THANK YOU BROTHER!!

I hate chicken breast now (years of eating too much)
But I really like their's, it's strange that I do.
I was given 5lbs for free just to see how shipping process went from them to me.
I hate cooking...

I go through stages of "what I'm eating" protein wise and chicken is USUALLY in there. I get it, it gets super fucking boring and dry. But if you slow cook it, add some Mexican seasoning or some BBQ sauce or some other spices, it can be delicious. I rotate between chicken breast, 96/4 ground beef and shakes. Sometimes so shrimp or salmon but I keep it cost effective and relatively cheap.

I understand the "I don't have time" thing, but regardless of time of year, I'm up at 5am. I workout, I cook, I prep everything and I can still get in a productive work day. Not that difficult.

To live on this stuff you would need a large budget. I have heard it's nice but I can't justify the cost for 2+ meals everyday. It seems today nearly every pro with a social media following is sponsored by one of these meal prep companies.

I'd rather do it myself for sure. Another 1+ for the crock pot, makes things so easy. Is it just me or does your crock pot chicken taste slightly like turkey too? Lol

I usually just use chicken stock, or just add spices and a bit of water your good to go.

Oh it is expensive however my job has me between NC & VA (DC area) and when Im working im literally going from sun up to sun down. So its mainly a convenience for me. I have to force spare time for the gym lol. I have only used them three times now and did love the chicken and it did come in handy.

And in no way am I a sponsor of any sort. Just an fyi. Hell I run a storm restoration company lol.

Like "Sunshine Cleaning"?

I only ask because I had a friend that runs a storm/fire restoration company, and sadly a lot of their work ended up dealing with crime scene clean up.

And in no way am I a sponsor of any sort. Just an fyi. Hell I run a storm restoration company lol.

LMAO not at all! Mainly roofing siding kind of work from hail, wind and hurricanes. Work a lot with the insurance companies.

I just received my 2nd 10lb order from them. I really like the taste of it and have never had chicken I cooked taste like it. Yes it's expensive and not something I will use all the time but once or twice a month isn't horribly expensive considering it's literally heat and eat, juicy, grilled chicken. My fav is cilantro/lime, plain and lemon/herb. You guys had to come across that grocery store chicken breast that you can barely get a fork through because it has some kind of silvery skin and when cooked has the texture of a condom, not that I've chewed one but you know, like rubber. Not a single piece like that or fat from chickenpound and I don't need a gulp of my drink to swallow this chicken for those that know what I mean. I used to chew a little, then wash it down just so I wouldn't spit it back out. Maybe I just need some cooking lessons.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bradyfan127
NapsGear