over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Injection Frequency on Same Total Weekly Dose - Gains

ElTigre

Registered
Newbies
Let's suppose that a guy is using low dose Test only. I know there are other pros/cons to consider with injection frequency, but which of the two options outlined below would be better for gains, if any?

Total weekly dose for both options is roughly the same - 120mg/week Test Cyp.

Option A

Inject 60mg E3.5D (2x/week). This results in TT peaks of around 1450 ng/dl and a trough TT of around 850 ng/dl.

Option B

Inject 34mg EOD. This results in very little difference between peak/tough with TT levels steady around 1075 ng/dl.

I know that sometimes people inject more frequently to minimize side effects. But seeing that the Option A puts my peak TT and FT above lab range for half the days of the week, would that be better overall for gains?

I've read in the past that higher spikes result in more muscle growth. No idea if that's legit though.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

On that dose you are not trying to get a spike, since that would increase aromatization and possibly necessitate the use of an anti estrogen. I would do option C: 17mg ED through a slin pin.

I'm surprised that this posts has garnered more replies or attention....because this IS a cool topic that is debated here.

I've listened to podcasts and read threads asking the same thing....space out the shots, higher peak, rapid rise in blood levels and in-turn, some gains. And that's VERSUS the idea of the more stable blood levels over the course of a week. It almost seems like a risk reward thing. YOU KNOW throwing an inconsistent peak and shifting blood levels might lead to some mood swings, acne, and some other side effects...but YOU'RE HOPING that it also leads to a couple more lbs of lean tissue. So that's the question.....if you dont care about possible side effects, than I'd experiment with more spaced out injection frequency and see if there is anything there. If you are sensitive to side effects, keep em stable.

If this is about achieving pulses of test EOD (maybe before a workout) then the OP would be better served with test suspension, or maybe even prop. I've done that before with both, test suspension works best about 1 hour preworkout, prop about 4-6 hours. Lets you get the most drive out of them, and with the day off from test suspension you hold less water. If I remember right I was also using igf or growth EOD with the test.

Just saw my endocrinologist yesterday. I inject every 4 days.
He tests 2 days out (peak) and then again on injection day,
day 4.

More stable blood levels. We are concerned with day 2
numbers.

He likes folks at the stable, upper limit with hematocrit
and other important things to be acceptable. Having
high, out of range testosterone numbers has the risk of
heart disease. Got enough problems in my life, why
willingly take on another?

Last edited:
Just saw my endocrinologist yesterday. I inject every 4 days.
He tests 2 days out (peak) and then again on injection day,
day 4.

More stable blood levels. We are concerned with day 2
numbers.

He likes folks at the stable, upper limit with hematocrit
and other important things to be acceptable. Having
high, out of range testosterone numbers has the risk of
heart disease. Got enough problems in my life, why
willingly take on another?

I think Emeric's protocol of doing a daily sub q shot of testosterone is probably the most healthy. Guys doing that are achieving levels in the 800s using just 10mg a day, think that's the dose. So only 70 mg/wk. I take 100 mg/wk and get similar results.

I think Emeric's protocol of doing a daily sub q shot of testosterone is probably the most healthy. Guys doing that are achieving levels in the 800s using just 10mg a day, think that's the dose. So only 70 mg/wk. I take 100 mg/wk and get similar results.

Yeah, I think I read something from him a while back promoting 100mg/week dosed EOD. Something about minimizing estrogen conversion makes the lower/more frequent doses more effective for him. That's kinda what got me thinking about this, but then realized that at low/frequent doses, my levels never go above the normal lab ranges.

I'm relatively certain that low/frequent dosing and avoiding spikes is better for reducing sides and for overall health and longevity. But is it also better for gains?

The same total weekly dose split 2x/week has me supraphysiological both TT and FT for most of the week. Split that dose into EOD, and I stay near the top of the range, but never go over.

Based on that, I would think the 2x/week would be better for gains, although likely less healthy overall. But I realize that I likely have far less experience than many people on this forum, so wondering what other peoples' thoughts/experiences are?

Yeah, I think I read something from him a while back promoting 100mg/week dosed EOD. Something about minimizing estrogen conversion makes the lower/more frequent doses more effective for him. That's kinda what got me thinking about this, but then realized that at low/frequent doses, my levels never go above the normal lab ranges.

I'm relatively certain that low/frequent dosing and avoiding spikes is better for reducing sides and for overall health and longevity. But is it also better for gains?

The same total weekly dose split 2x/week has me supraphysiological both TT and FT for most of the week. Split that dose into EOD, and I stay near the top of the range, but never go over.

Based on that, I would think the 2x/week would be better for gains, although likely less healthy overall. But I realize that I likely have far less experience than many people on this forum, so wondering what other peoples' thoughts/experiences are?

what you are saying makes sense. when you think about TRT it is meant to be for life, so the healthy stable level is better than the large peaks / troughs.
tbh, on the low doses i am not sure it will make much of a different either way.

only way to find out would be to do an N=1 experiment.

people on cycle are usually doing 500mg+ which is supraphysiological very far outside of the range.

My personal preference has always been EOD or at worst, M W F shots no matter if I am using fast acting compounds or long acting compounds. I like very stable blood levels. That seems to reduce sides for me.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws