over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

So you want to be a bodybuilder?

JITB

Registered
I like to start a thread about what we go through on a daily / weekly basis.

What got me shaking my head was having to go out of town on business for 3 days this week.

So on Monday/Tuesday I did 2 a days at the gym. Cardio AM and Weights in the PM. Then just to prove that I’m no longer playing with a full deck before bed last night I injected 4 times. GH, Lantus, Synthetine and (deca, tren, DHB).

I’m sure this is nothing compared to what a lot of people have done. So I got to thinking that I’d like to hear some other loony stories that only another BB would understand.

So you did a normal day of BB'ing for 2 days lol? I dont get it.

bodybuilding is the stupidest sport, hobby ever. i got addicted to it. i have ocd so fucking bad. i wish i could wake up and have a bowl of cereal and thats it.

Literally the only thing good about it is getting hot chicks. other than that i hate it

Yea I pretty much agree with the above ^

If you have to do all the “crazy” bber stuff like eating 9x a day and missing out on fun and good food and training 2x a day and pinning 15x a day or whatever and you’re not even a pro then I think it’s ridiculous..

Even pro bodybuilding in my opinion is ridiculous... I’d like to hear a really good reason why? And other than the “because I love it etc” response.. You can love other things and keep your health and still look amazing.... But whatever, as long as people are happy and not in my way or directly effecting me negatively then more power to them...

But I do think so many people, especially on this board take shit overboard just to look good on a beach...

I’d like to hear a really good reason why? And other than the “because I love it etc” response..

Is there a better reason??? We all have a passion for something...sometimes those passions don't make sense to some people... results are addicting.. watching yourself improve (seems daily sometimes) you cant help to want more... and more... I realize im in the minority...the gen pop are the normal ones ...and I don't give a fuck... to each their own.. just my .02

100% this! Intrinsic motivation is something that very few people have and understand! Just doing a thing because you love it and want to better yourself is, for lack of a better word, just pure.

That's why you see so many 'competitors' flake out and break down mid prep (at least in my opinion). They're doing something they really don't enjoy simply for attention and when shit gets tough, that extrinsic motivation isn't strong enough to keep pushing.

I felt the same way growing up as a wrestler and doing martial arts. I loved the training, the discipline, pushing myself harder and harder; competition and doing well was just a thing I had to do along with the training. Same with bodybuilding for me. Take away the competitions, the rep position, sponsors, and I would still be doing it because I love the challenge, the discipline, and working to improve myself just a little bit with each passing day simply because I want to be better.

Is there a better reason??? We all have a passion for something...sometimes those passions don't make sense to some people... results are addicting.. watching yourself improve (seems daily sometimes) you cant help to want more... and more... I realize im in the minority...the gen pop are the normal ones ...and I don't give a fuck... to each their own.. just my .02

100% this! Intrinsic motivation is something that very few people have and understand! Just doing a thing because you love it and want to better yourself is, for lack of a better word, just pure.

That's why you see so many 'competitors' flake out and break down mid prep (at least in my opinion). They're doing something they really don't enjoy simply for attention and when shit gets tough, that extrinsic motivation isn't strong enough to keep pushing.

I felt the same way growing up as a wrestler and doing martial arts. I loved the training, the discipline, pushing myself harder and harder; competition and doing well was just a thing I had to do along with the training. Same with bodybuilding for me. Take away the competitions, the rep position, sponsors, and I would still be doing it because I love the challenge, the discipline, and working to improve myself just a little bit with each passing day simply because I want to be better.

EXACTLY.... i compete ONLY for the accountability...getting onstage is the part i like the least....the journey is what i love... knowing i'll be up there against the BEST IN THE WORLD really drives me to bring my shit... even at 49.... just to be able to hang with guys in their 20s and 30s is a good feeling... every day i strive to be a bit better....it can be a baby step...as long as its in the right direction that's all that matters..

I get it... But I also don’t get it...

You’re talking to a guy who loves extreme sports and I’ve done motorcycle road racing, hang gliding, skydiving and plan on pursuing it to jump alone and I continue to do other extreme sports activities... So I’m very aware that one can die doing anything so might as well do what you love..

But I just don’t see the “excitement” in bodybuilding I guess... Both of us do something that gives us a rush, right? I know that’s all individual, it’s boring for me yet you feel alive and excited on that stage and I feel alive falling through the sky. But I land from that jump and it’s not going to effect my health, you walk off that stage and you can die an hour later, a week later, 3 months or 20 years later from a number of issues... You don’t know what you did to yourself...

But if you’re happy and it makes you a better person then more power to you bro.. I like a lot of your posts and you’re one of the few Pros who post here often and seem social and laid back, I just hope you’re conscious about your health man...

EXACTLY.... i compete ONLY for the accountability...getting onstage is the part i like the least....the journey is what i love... knowing i'll be up there against the BEST IN THE WORLD really drives me to bring my shit... even at 49.... just to be able to hang with guys in their 20s and 30s is a good feeling... every day i strive to be a bit better....it can be a baby step...as long as its in the right direction that's all that matters..

I get where you guys are coming from, but again to my very first post about this; you can love and be passionate about things that don’t fuck up your health permanently and have that accountability etc..

Zach you compare it to martial arts (which I’ve done through out my kid/teenage years and stopped in my early 20’s and am looking for a better school now) but again, there’s way more excitement in MMA, way more money, and even just doing it for fun (comparing to amateur bbers here) if you can avoid getting kicked in the head enough to get a serious injury, you’re walking away pretty much Scott free...

I think the amount of guys in MMA/Martial Arts who’ve died compared to bodybuilders is way less... And yea you have the guys who get unhealthy because of weight cuts, but that’s their decision not to move up a weight class, nothing to do with the MMA/Martial Art...

Shit, you can do BJJ for 25 years and still learn something new EVERY SINGLE SESSION.. It literally never ends...

Again, I’m just giving my opinions and don’t understand the bodybuilding side when it’s so boring, there’s literally zero money and your health is significantly involved negatively...

Guys are too interested in what others are doing. Get over it. Someone wants to compete on stage so what. You may like playing chess or video games or skydiving just do your own thing. Some don't understand bodybuilding but it doesn't matter as they are not doing it. A bodybuilder may not understand someone sitting in playing video games all day. At the end of the day who cares we are all different.

Just because someone is a pro bodybuilder doesn't mean they are going to die before 50. What about the millions of people shit food every day. Or people who smoke and drink all the time. Do we have a go at them at every opportunity.

Just be happy for someone if they have a passion. Many go through life with no passion for anything and how sad is that. If that's their life so what I am not going to preach to them. Some people stay in the same town their whole life yet I think travelling only improves you but I won't have a go if travelling is not for them. We are all different in so many ways.

Regarding living like a bodybuilder I do this for fun. I would like to think I have built a decent physique and I eat what I want. I don't carry tupperware around and I don't eat my own food at restaurants or never go to parties etc. But if guys want to live like that it's up to them. Sure I cringe when my mate walks round with tupperware everywhere and has to live on a plan at all times and can't be spontaneous ever. Has to eat at 2pm, 5pm etc. That is him and I am me. He is perfectly happy and his life has purprose so great. People should worry about their own lives.

Many of us inject a lot but if I am going away I don't stress about that stuff and just comne off until I am back. Sure if I ever went away for a few months I would sort out gear (TRT or above) where I was going. But I don't sweat the little things. I will admit some guys seem to be so extreme (freak out if they don't have gear for 4 days etc) and they don't even look good and that is bizarre to me.

Last edited:
Only competed a little, but I did compete in Power Lifting for 20 years. Now I'm a little too broken to ever lift that heavy again so for the last few years I train like a bodybuilder. Way safer! That said even though I will never compete I'm completely addicted to the sport. I tore my supraspinatus (rear rotator cuff muscle) about 7 months ago. Been a real three ring circus trying to get it fixed. I don't think my Ortho had ever worked on someone with muscles who trained for so many years. He made me take a million nerve function tests, Neuro tests, etc. Finally they said normal response for an idiot PL. Finally getting it fixed this month. Anyway my long winded response was because for a least 5 months I did not train at all. Thought I was going crazy. Affected everything in my life (the not training part) I gained fat, my muscle mass shrunk, I became really aggressive and short tempered. Finally I had laid off so long that I had no pain anymore just restricted range of motion. I call it "healed broken" So I started training again, just motions I could do. Completely turned me around. I feel like me again. Started a little cycle LOL Everyone around me is Wow! you look great. Yeah after feeling small and fat!!!! Still can't lift my arm over my head, but better soon. Not following the lifestyle was a real shock to my system. Thought I might like being off training, NO WAY!

this whole thing has me scratching my head for a lil while and im not sure why... lol

maybe i feel confused....
going to the gym one, two, three times a day or training or what have you, doesnt make one a body builder. i dont think. by and large going to the gym in the after noon and doing some morning cardio seems pretty "normal", not limited to bb'ers.

4 pins in a day...:cool:
lol

while 4 sticks a day gets old, for sure i have done that for longer then i can rememeber.. 1-2 is pretty normal no? not limited to bb'ers:eek:

i used to carry chicken in my briefcase/computer bag..my mom actually still does this and she is not a body builder...:confused:

i guess i have seen ppl who do all of these things and are not bb'ers and ppl who do none of them and say they are bb'ers....

maybe bb'er or not bb'er is more personal thing. lol
:star-w:rs

Trying to explain your love or a passion to someone who just doesn't get it is a waste of time. We've all tried but people don't get it.

Plus I've very tired of the "you could die at any time" bullshit.
Do you know how many MORE random joes there are that abuse gear VERSUS real bodybuilders??? Why are we not seeing these Joe Schmoe's keel over and die? haha

I don't even want to get into it. :D

Trying to explain your love or a passion to someone who just doesn't get it is a waste of time. We've all tried but people don't get it.

Plus I've very tired of the "you could die at any time" bullshit.
Do you know how many MORE random joes there are that abuse gear VERSUS real bodybuilders??? Why are we not seeing these Joe Schmoe's keel over and die? haha

I don't even want to get into it. :D

Well it’s not bullshit, it’s a fact... And maybe the fact we haven’t seen “Joe Schmoes” drop is because they’re unknown people...

But haven’t the number of pros and number of people on this site alone (not to mention others) who have died or have serious health issues speak for themselves?

They do say ignorance is bliss so maybe you’re just not paying attention...

I understand the passion thing, even if it isn’t exciting to me personally.. What I don’t understand is the fact that it’s about something that has way more negatives than positives..

I never said dying at 50 was a guarantee but it sure as hell is way more likely... I mean, fuck, haven’t Dante’s 100’s of posts spoken for themselves?? He claims he’s seen HUNDREDS of bodybuilders over the years with serious health issues (some who’ve made it through the other side and some who unfortunately succumbed to their issues) so are you calling him a liar?

You can’t name 5% of that amount of people who died in any other sport in the same amount of time probably combined.. Including the extreme sports I mentioned..

And for the accountability/discipline reasoning, there are sports/passions that involve the same if not more of those factors and you get to keep your health... Dying is a factor for everyone whether you’re a bodybuilder or extreme sports athlete or whatever, we can all die at any moment crossing the street...

But I find it a lot more interesting when I see someone like say Alex Honnold who just did the documentary “Free Solo” climb El Cap with no safety ropes or anything... It’s literally climb the hardest wall in rock climbing perfectly or die... How’s that for discipline and accountability?

The guy did what he did and the fact of death being in the picture doesn’t matter because we can all die crossing the street, I’m sure some of you are thinking, but he got to the top, has his health, has made more money than 99.9% of bodybuilders, has been on a few TED Talks, has written a book, and has traveled all over the world...

The fact of death isn’t a factor when I see all those positives because again, we can die crossing the street...

But when it’s a passion to be in the worlds most boring sport, to look good for 1 day, make zero money, I guess you can call it travel when you go to different shows/expos but you have to pay your way there so it’s better to get paid to travel, right? And your health is significantly at risk MAJORITY of the time, because let’s face it, when you’re competing you’re blasting and cruising constantly to make those improvements, right? That’s what I don’t get..

Yes people love different things and we’re all different, but even to what Elvia said; “Some people like bodybuilding and some like extreme spots and some like chess and video gaming and some like alcohol and drugs”

Well bodybuilding in a majority has a benefit closer to alcohol and drugs more than video gaming and chess because even those guys have their health (even if they’re fat/obese and lazy, there’s obese lazy people who live to be 80) and make shit tons of money.....

Seems like the few of us who are realists really get your guys posing trunks in a bunch... I’m not trying to shit on anyone, just stating facts and asking questions... But I guess I’ll have to deal with the “Because I like it and that’s it” response....

:p Thanks for the diatribe.

I guess I subscribe to the thought of, "whatever floats your boat."
My wife loves playing poker—not to the extent of us losing $$$—but she enjoys the thrill, the entertainment, the strategy of the game play. I on the other hand, do not. It literally does nothing for me haha I don't understand her desire to play it. I don't enjoy gambling AT ALL. I would rather go spend $100 on something useful than use it to gamble. It seems like a waste of time. And yes, this example has nothing to do with health or death.....but it goes back to the idea that, it doesn't matter what the hell I think because who am I to judge. I'm more excited that she enjoys and is passionate about something. The end. Simple as that.

And no Dante isn't lyinggg Jesus. Extreme example much?
You're lumping all bodybuilders and gear users into a "possibly dying for their interests" group. I would say more BBers and gear users back off as they get older. Of course idiots who abuse things (THOSE 100!) had severe consequences....but for the most part, if you are educated and health conscious, you can live a long life.

:rolleyes:

Live and let live. That's my general attitude when looking at what other people are doing that don't have a direct influence on my life. Simple as that. Do what makes you happy and let others do what makes them happy, no matter what it is.

I think the fact that it’s your wife plays a bias role as well and that’s why you’re happy she’s happy, because you love her.. But if it was her or your neighbor gambling the house away, you wouldn’t sit there saying “oh well he/she is doing what they love, so who am I to judge.” You’d either lose your shit on your wife or come in the house gossiping how the neighbor is an idiot for losing the house on a football game bet or whatever lol.. C’mon Bro, we’re all human...

I don’t necessarily care what people do, especially if it’s a passion.. But I am a very curious and logical person, so when I see something like this where the negatives outweigh positives, I ask...

I’m not saying “You shouldn’t love that and fuck you, you’re stupid.” Like most people like to misconstrue...

But ok, I’ll just leave the subject alone because I see it’s very sensitive to some of you and pretty much every single time I’ve made a comment about it I get super defensive responses...

I think the fact that it’s your wife plays a bias role as well and that’s why you’re happy she’s happy, because you love her.. But if it was her or your neighbor gambling the house away, you wouldn’t sit there saying “oh well he/she is doing what they love, so who am I to judge.” You’d either lose your shit on your wife or come in the house gossiping how the neighbor is an idiot for losing the house on a football game bet or whatever lol.. C’mon Bro, we’re all human...

I don’t necessarily care what people do, especially if it’s a passion.. But I am a very curious and logical person, so when I see something like this where the negatives outweigh positives, I ask...

I’m not saying “You shouldn’t love that and fuck you, you’re stupid.” Like most people like to misconstrue...

But ok, I’ll just leave the subject alone because I see it’s very sensitive to some of you and pretty much every single time I’ve made a comment about it I get super defensive responses...

I know you were not responding to my post but still. If you read my post and then look at your post .. a significant other does have direct influence on my life, meaning I would of course care if someone in my direct circle gambled my house away. If my neighbor gambles his house away, why would I gossip about it? Not my problem at all, same goes for the fact that I wouldn't gossip about things if he made a fortune playing poker. No direct influence on me -> no need to waste energy and let negativity get the better of me 🤙

by "bodybuilder" u must mean drug abuser. yes?
cuz the dudes responding here are bbers and drug abusers.
u can be a bb'er and do it natural.
or....can you?
are u only considered a bb'er if yr huge and obvie on a shit ton of drugs?
does the "lifestyle" have to include drugs?
its a fuckin hobby. the gym is a hobby to everyone not makin money with their looks.
just like fuckin is just fuckin. unless ur getting paid for it. then its a job.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131