over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

THE BODYBUILDING LIFESTYLE

Geardepot

Guaranteed Sponsor
Registered
Sponsors
I think we can all agree that bodybuilding is a lifestyle, not a pastime. But what does that really mean? When I say "bodybuilding lifestyle," I am talking about the many big and small aspects that help to create and maintain a healthy way of living cornered around correct exercise, eating, and recuperation.
The quality of work you perform and the success you obtain in the gym will also reflect on the quality of your life outside of the gym, and vice versa. Each one benefits the other, and a lack of attention in one area can easily spill over and affect the outcome in the other areas of your life.
Your health is your life, and bodybuilding is one of the number one ways to improve your personal health, allowing you to acquire and enjoy the most that every day has to offer.
No matter what your fitness goals may be ... to compete locally, to compete nationally in hopes of obtaining a pro card, to just simply lift weights in order to build up a skinny/shapeless body and feel better about yourself, or to gain some muscle and lose some excess fat for health reasons, living the bodybuilding lifestyle can help propel you towards your goals that much faster and make them a reality.
By combining your passion for bodybuilding/fitness and utilizing the three basic elements (training, diet, and rest) correctly, while continually making healthy choices and balancing out all other facets of your life, you can improve your lifestyle and set yourself up for optimal results both inside and outside of the gym.
Living the "bodybuilding lifestyle" is an enjoyable way of life, but remember, it is not your whole life. Realize what bodybuilding has to offer you, seize the benefits and apply them to your everyday life. Most importantly, have fun, stay healthy, and maintain balance among all your daily life activities and goals!
GD

i needed to read that

I have been STRUGGLING to get back into the "lifestyle." Seems since i decided i wouldnt compete anymore it eventually lead me to barely go to the gym regularly, eat 1-2 shitty meals a day plus late night snacks, drink alcohol too often, sleep in nearly every day... just kinda have lost all my discipline. in all aspects of my life.
sooo, i have decided this sunday to kinda do a cleanse diet then monday get into the lifestyle again. ie Meal planning/prep, never miss a workout, cut the alcohol, no sleeping in.
i lived the lifestyle for so long (20+ years) and i will say the 3 years not living it hasnt been terrible but its too much. feels gluttunous. and depressing... so i am lookin forward to it.
-F2S

I don't know of any other sport that requires the dedication that bodybuilding does. 24/7 eating, training sleeping. Everything we do revolves around it.

I would imagine competitive gymnasts are even more disciplined. They train their muscles all day everyday and have to live on very low calories. But, yeah, bodybuilding is super regimented if you compete.

I don't know of any other sport that requires the dedication that bodybuilding does. 24/7 eating, training sleeping. Everything we do revolves around it.

Most athletes these days workout, diet, AND than have to go perform at a high level in a sport without the aid of a huge amount of drugs. MMA, football, boxing, wrestling, basketball, etc. When I competed in bodybuilding I went to the gym for an hour, than went home and ate and laid around. I than didn't have to go to practice and than perform in games on top of it. The sports I played were way harder than bodybuilding.

I have been STRUGGLING to get back into the "lifestyle." Seems since i decided i wouldnt compete anymore it eventually lead me to barely go to the gym regularly, eat 1-2 shitty meals a day plus late night snacks, drink alcohol too often, sleep in nearly every day... just kinda have lost all my discipline. in all aspects of my life.
sooo, i have decided this sunday to kinda do a cleanse diet then monday get into the lifestyle again. ie Meal planning/prep, never miss a workout, cut the alcohol, no sleeping in.
i lived the lifestyle for so long (20+ years) and i will say the 3 years not living it hasnt been terrible but its too much. feels gluttunous. and depressing... so i am lookin forward to it.
-F2S

Bro...I know exactly what you mean. I retired from competition in 2008. I have +40 years of training under my belt. And I always felt I still would train with a certain amount of intensity. And I did...up until this last year. Then I found myself in the same scenario as you. Barely getting to the gym, half-ass workouts when I did go, diet shot to hell, drinking every night. I keep saying "next week" will be the week that I turn things around again! So far it hasn't happened yet! LOL I'm glad you have decided to get your habits straight and back in line. Good luck!
GD

I keep saying "next week" will be the week that I turn things around again! So far it hasn't happened yet! LOL

Why is it so difficult to do what we want to do? Do we really want it or do we still not really want it?

I'm 62 years old and I've been training,doing cycles,eating right,and resting.Ive been doing this for over half of my life.This is the only lifestyle that I know.This is what I do!

This is an old one and the video quality isn't good, but I always liked it. I find it both motivating and reflecting.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcj_9WC10KA"]Bodybuilding - A lifestyle - YouTube[/ame]

I have benn traing at one thing or another since 1973. I have planned my workouts and food. Prepped cooked and packaged all my meals every work week(minus vacations) since the 80's without fail. Doing what ya like isn't hard. Going to work every day decade after decade is tougher.....

I think we can all agree that bodybuilding is a lifestyle, not a pastime. But what does that really mean? When I say "bodybuilding lifestyle," I am talking about the many big and small aspects that help to create and maintain a healthy way of living cornered around correct exercise, eating, and recuperation.

The quality of work you perform and the success you obtain in the gym will also reflect on the quality of your life outside of the gym, and vice versa. Each one benefits the other, and a lack of attention in one area can easily spill over and affect the outcome in the other areas of your life.

Your health is your life, and bodybuilding is one of the number one ways to improve your personal health, allowing you to acquire and enjoy the most that every day has to offer.

No matter what your fitness goals may be ... to compete locally, to compete nationally in hopes of obtaining a pro card, to just simply lift weights in order to build up a skinny/shapeless body and feel better about yourself, or to gain some muscle and lose some excess fat for health reasons, living the bodybuilding lifestyle can help propel you towards your goals that much faster and make them a reality.

By combining your passion for bodybuilding/fitness and utilizing the three basic elements (training, diet, and rest) correctly, while continually making healthy choices and balancing out all other facets of your life, you can improve your lifestyle and set yourself up for optimal results both inside and outside of the gym.

Living the "bodybuilding lifestyle" is an enjoyable way of life, but remember, it is not your whole life. Realize what bodybuilding has to offer you, seize the benefits and apply them to your everyday life. Most importantly, have fun, stay healthy, and maintain balance among all your daily life activities and goals!

GD
Really great post man

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Bro...I know exactly what you mean. I retired from competition in 2008. I have +40 years of training under my belt. And I always felt I still would train with a certain amount of intensity. And I did...up until this last year. Then I found myself in the same scenario as you. Barely getting to the gym, half-ass workouts when I did go, diet shot to hell, drinking every night. I keep saying "next week" will be the week that I turn things around again! So far it hasn't happened yet! LOL I'm glad you have decided to get your habits straight and back in line. Good luck!
GD

YUP, i have said "next week" for 3 years now:eek:
enough is enough tho.
-F2S

"remember, it is not your whole life. Realize what bodybuilding has to offer you, seize the benefits and apply them to your everyday life. Most importantly, have fun, stay healthy, and maintain balance among all your daily life activities and goals!"
This was the most important part of you great statement. I am 52, living this life for 38 years now(competed for 9) and it has always, and still is a huge part of me. It keeps me grounded and disciplined for the other aspect of my life.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear