over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

IBS and bodybuilding

I've had GI issues most of my adult life.

I've learnt to avoid certain foods and I'm good. Alcohol caused me a lot of problems, but I haven't had a drink now for 6 months.

Working with a trainer/nutritionist has helped a lot actually.

Take digestive enzymes with large meals (Digest Gold).

I was diagnosed with colitis last year along with another friend a year ago, same time as me, and a 2nd friend four years ago (of the ones in the bbing scene).

I honestly think there is a correlation of IBD to fitness people/the general diet but not sure what the cause would be specifically. Potentially certain common drugs (I think accurate and antibiotics for acne likely played a roll even though they were taken years before) and possibly from developing a certain microbiome due to diet that gets thrown off easily if people splurge on processed foods. Just random speculation

I had digestion issues when I was juicing. Now that I decided to stick to TRT, they have all went away. Its the gear wreaking havoc on our systems, I always had acid reflux, indigestion, diarrhea, constipation, all kinds of funky stuff when I was juicing hard. Seems to have all subsided after stopping the gear use.

I have IBS after catching parasites overseas. Gluten, lactose, and too much much fruit at once destroy me.

I've had Ulcerative Colitis for 25 years

I've had IBS a little under a year. It's better than when it first started, but still bothersome. I've had to eat low FODMAP, go vegan, cut my calories, lower protein intake and just monitor all food choices. This has helped quite a bit, however, some days are worse than others.

Oddly enough I really havent lost any muscle once I stabilized my diet...I just have to be content in maintaining what I have as health is my number one priority.

er
I have IBS after catching parasites overseas. Gluten, lactose, and too much much fruit at once destroy me.

It sucked bad for the first few years. I took a lot of digestives and probiotics daily.

I would look into BPC-157 for all you guys, I haven't used it on IBS or colitis but it looks very promising and is active orally. I'm using Giant labs BPC-157 and it seems to work like magic.

I thought I had IBS or something of that thought. Turns out I was just eating too much fiber for my body.

When I eat clean, I eat a shit ton of grains as I don't like veggies.

Once I started monitoring it with a food app, I've done much better.

For GI use does anyone have any info if BPC would be orally administered/injected or does it not matter?

For GI use does anyone have any info if BPC would be orally administered/injected or does it not matter?

It's active orally, you can google it, probably best used orally for GI issues, it works systemically also if injected.

I've had GI issues most of my adult life.

I've learnt to avoid certain foods and I'm good. Alcohol caused me a lot of problems, but I haven't had a drink now for 6 months.

Working with a trainer/nutritionist has helped a lot actually.

Take digestive enzymes with large meals (Digest Gold).
You sound like me. Large meals and Uncle Al causes major GI issues for me. I've had every manor of test done with no definitive diagnosis. The only time my gut feels normal is when I don't eat.

I feel this is something that a lot of bodybuilders deal with. Pushing mass amounts of food, higher intakes of fiber, tons of protein, etc can really spell disaster for the ol' digestive system.

Have you had an upper GI or Colonoscopy?

You sound like me. Large meals and Uncle Al causes major GI issues for me. I've had every manor of test done with no definitive diagnosis. The only time my gut feels normal is when I don't eat.

Shameless plug...

Digestive issues are a huge problem among serious bodybuilders, particularly those pushing large volume of food on a daily basis. The digestive system just isn't designed to accomodate that volume of food. This is exactly why I designed Veda-Gest...and I believe, without doubt, it is the single best overall digestive aide on the market today. The clinical research behind the ingredients within it is immense, showing that they help everything from IBS, to acid reflux, to heart burn, to constipation, and dozens of other digestive ailments.

I have now seen at LEAST a dozen people publicly post that it has helped their IBS significantly. Even on this board the product has a lot of positive reviews in both the MA Research sponsor thread (even though it is an MA Labs product), as well as in the peptide forum. By and large, the reviews are tremendously positive (zero negative reviews), with MANY saying it is the fist product they ever used--after years of buying digestive aides--that finally eliminated (or greatly reduced) their digestive difficulties.

I made this stuff specifically because I suffer from digestive problems. Going back about 5-7 years ago, I started looking for ways to improve my digestive health...and gradually started experimenting with all sorts of differnet digestive aides. It took about 5 years of experimentation before finally settling on a combination of ingredients that provided the most benefit.

Until I made Veda-Gest, I was purchasing 6 differnet products every month. I would buy each ingredient separately, as no company sold a product which contained all of them...and when I did find a company that contained several of them (rare), the doses of each individual ingredient were WAY too low.

Then, one day, about 6 months ago, my wife said to me "why don't you just make a product that contains all of those ingredients", so that's what I did....and truth be told, if it wasn't for a mistake on the part of my manufacturer, the product never would have been made. What am I talking about? When I originally told my manufacturer I wanted to make this product, I told him it had to be relatively inexpensive, as bodybuilders (generally speaking) don't want to pay a lot for digestive products.

After telling him what I wanted, he came back with a production cost that was slightly higher than I was hoping for, but still doable. It's production cost needed to be in a certain price range, as it was my intention to keep the retail price under $30, but I also knew that people would expect a discount code. So, I settled on a price of $29.99...which turned out to be $23.99 after the discount code.

Then, after I sold out of my 1st batch and went to have a 2nd one made, my manufacturer told me that he had made mistakes on the math...and that the original price was quoted-charged me was only 50% of what it was supposed to be, as he accidentally calculated the cost based on only half the amount of capsules it contains.

I responded by telling him not to make the next run...and that I was pulling the product off the website, as there was no way I was going to lose money selling a product. In the end, he felt bad/guilty...and because I bring all my other MA labs business to him, he did me a favor and agreed to cut me a price break--to the point where he is only breaking even. If I hadn't been bringing all my other MA labs business to him for years, this never would have happened.

Still, the production cost is way higher than what it should be for a product that sells for $29.99/$23.99. Let me put it this way. When someone uses a discount code, I only make a FEW bucks (yes, a few bucks) per bottle selling it at its current price, but because I had already introduced the product to market at that price, I decided to just keep the price the same. The only other alternatives were to either reformulate the product by cutting the doses in half, (reformulate= less effective), cut the number of capsules in half, or dramatically increase the price. Neither option sounded good, so I ultimately decided to sell the product more as a service to the community than as a way to earn money, as the sales of this product are nearly inconsequential from a monetary standpoint.

Have you had an upper GI or Colonoscopy?

Several. I had both done in march of 2016 and will be doing it again spring of 2020.

What are some of the best protein sources for someone with such issues? I recently got diagnosed with Chrons and UC and don’t even know where to start. I can’t have dairy products, no beef, chicken and eggs are a hit or miss, fish is okay but I can’t have fish as my protein source every meal forever. Also, is whey protein okay? I want to supplement with a whey protein powder but don’t know how that will sit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would look into BPC-157 for all you guys, I haven't used it on IBS or colitis but it looks very promising and is active orally. I'm using Giant labs BPC-157 and it seems to work like magic.

^^^AGREED!! ..i have received more than a few PMs over the years stating that our BP-157 had miraculously/inexplicably fixed a variety of "digestive problems"

..many of them discovered this by accident as they were actually taking our BP-157 to repair an unrelated injury (..ie a shoulder/knee/elbow etc) when the noticed that their "digestive problems" had resolved

BPC157 healed my brothers digestive issues when nothing else worked. Amazing shit. At least for his issue

^^^this is a very recent post over @OLM stating the same thing again
(..PM me for a link to this ^^^ thread)

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236
NapsGear