Tudca (nac)

pimpman

Featured Member / Kilo Klub / Board Supporter
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Board Supporter
Sponsors
Hey guy just wanted to know what's a good brand to take and dose? I'm a week in on drol and want to take some nac. I always take liv52 but want to add nac

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Supplements Needs from the UK do a combo pill with 750 mg TUDCA and 1000 mg NAC in a serving (they ship to the States too if you’re located there) and they also do a great liver stack!

Supplements Needs from the UK do a combo pill with 750 mg TUDCA and 1000 mg NAC in a serving (they ship to the States too if you’re located there) and they also do a great liver stack!

Is there a website that provides this?

Oral NAC is generally lack luster, 99.7% of research showing positive use is with a bolus IV dosing, IIRC the dose usually exceeds 20g's. Id save the cash and stick with tucda

NOW NAC, Amazon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nutricost

Agreed on the oral NAC you’re better off using injectable glutathione AND tudca

What brand of tudca?

Nutricost

Looked into it already thanks still looking what's a good dose to take

Oral NAC is generally lack luster, 99.7% of research showing positive use is with a bolus IV dosing, IIRC the dose usually exceeds 20g's. Id save the cash and stick with tucda

I sure am glad you stated this bc I have been using oral NAC for years. Now I'm no longer going to waste my fucking money.

Really? A quick google search picks up this study that shows its well absorbed orally?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/2757663/

Not read all this but this also quotes various oral nac studies which show its doing various things when taken orally
https://www.hindawi.com/journals/omcl/2018/2835787/

Also, oral nac makes me almost totally immune to colds and viruses since I included it in my daily supplement schedule several years ago whereas I used to be really prone to them so it must be doing something. Discovered this totally by accident.

Last edited:
Really? A quick google search picks up this study that shows its well absorbed orally?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/2757663/

Not read all this but this also quotes various oral nac studies which show its doing various things when taken orally
https://www.hindawi.com/journals/omcl/2018/2835787/

Also, oral nac makes me almost totally immune to colds and viruses since I included it in my daily supplement schedule several years ago whereas I used to be really prone to them so it must be doing something. Discovered this totally by accident.

The issue isnt the route, that's not what I said, it's the dose needed and the price:benefit. Those studies weren't for liver function they're for immune function, I never said it didnt have any benefits but its simply a relatively lesser option for oral use.

I have also used it for years for the immune support and swear on it. Where's the literature proving that it is doing nothing for the liver, too? I only read that it is usually dosed IV and higher.

Gesendet von meinem MHA-L09 mit Tapatalk

I have also used it for years for the immune support and swear on it. Where's the literature proving that it is doing nothing for the liver, too? I only read that it is usually dosed IV and higher.

Gesendet von meinem MHA-L09 mit Tapatalk

Where's your literature saying several hundred mg's orally mitigates AST/ALT elevation?

The issue isnt the route, that's not what I said, it's the dose needed and the price:benefit. Those studies weren't for liver function they're for immune function, I never said it didnt have any benefits but its simply a relatively lesser option for oral use.

I was just going off you saying “oral route is lack lustre” you never said it was lack lustre for the liver specifically, your post made it sound like it didn’t absorb well orally in general. Apologies for the misunderstanding.

Where's your literature saying several hundred mg's orally mitigates AST/ALT elevation?

I just googled “oral nac ast alt “ and found a few studies that don’t mention anything about the administration being by intravenous but also don’t say orally but do show improvements in ast/alt so couldn’t say for sure they are talking orally but I did found this from the world health organisation:

https://www.who.int/selection_medicines/committees/subcommittee/2/acetylcysteine_rev.pdf

Which states “oral administration is the preferred route for NAC therapy unless contraindications exist (e.g aspiration, persistent vomiting).”

And also “There is significant clinical evidence to support that oral and intravenous NAC are equally efficacious in the prevention of hepatotoxicity”

I just googled “oral nac ast alt “ and found a few studies that don’t mention anything about the administration being by intravenous but also don’t say orally but do show improvements in ast/alt so couldn’t say for sure they are talking orally but I did found this from the world health organisation:

https://www.who.int/selection_medicines/committees/subcommittee/2/acetylcysteine_rev.pdf

Which states “oral administration is the preferred route for NAC therapy unless contraindications exist (e.g aspiration, persistent vomiting).”

And also “There is significant clinical evidence to support that oral and intravenous NAC are equally efficacious in the prevention of hepatotoxicity”

I dont think youre understanding me.

Its how MUCH you need to take, that study suggested close to 10g's a day, which is generally low but since were talking oral use and not overdoses I'll say that's a fine dose for ALT/AST. Most pills are 500mg so you'd be going through 20 pills a day and a $30 bottle in 4-5 days. You'd take 20 pills a day vs 1-2 Tudca which will cost $30 for a month supply?

I dont think youre understanding me.

Its how MUCH you need to take, that study suggested close to 10g's a day, which is generally low but since were talking oral use and not overdoses I'll say that's a fine dose for ALT/AST. Most pills are 500mg so you'd be going through 20 pills a day and a $30 bottle in 4-5 days. You'd take 20 pills a day vs 1-2 Tudca which will cost $30 for a month supply?

Like you say though if you’re talking just trying to protect the liver from oral steroid use would the dose needed not be much much lower than you would need for an overdose where someone is potentially gonna die!?

Are there any studies done on tudca use with oral anabolics? Is tudca an effective treatment of bringing someone back from an overdose also? Am I right in thinking udca rather than tudca is what they use in a medical setting? What’s the difference between the two? I did have a source from pharmacy grade udca a little while back and thought about getting some but then they got busted :-(

This last paragraph is not meant to come across cocky or aggressive by the way, I genuinely don’t know that much about tudca/udca apart from I remember seeing something to do with bile production? Whereas you sound like you know what you’re talking about and rather than googling it I thought I’d ask you as I need to be back in work after some sleep in 6 hours so thought I better get to bed lol

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear