advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Has anyone been diagnosed with sleep apnea in the absence of snoring?

nothuman

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I have extreme daytime sleepiness on some days despite sleeping a full 7 hours. hematocrit gets high too.

Otherwise, I have no other symptoms people with apnea are supposed to have. No snoring, sodium levels always normal, no waking up choking, no morning headaches. etc.

I will get a sleep study on the 31st but that's a long time to wait so I was wondering if anyone got sleep apnea without ever really having any symptoms except being tired?

I’m in the same boat as you. 8 hrs of sleep, and still tired 2-4 hrs after waking up, sleepy without coffee.

Probably a combined toss up between vitamin D deficiency and OSA.

I’m just going to buy a used APAP machine and see how I respond.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you know your neck measurement? While not scientific, a male neck larger than 18 inches can be a good indicator of sleep apnea due to the weight of the neck pushing on the airways when the muscles relax.

You can have either mixed apneas or central sleep apnea and not snore.

I’m in the same boat as you. 8 hrs of sleep, and still tired 2-4 hrs after waking up, sleepy without coffee.

Probably a combined toss up between vitamin D deficiency and OSA.

I’m just going to buy a used APAP machine and see how I respond.

Coffee has absolutely zero effect on me. Definitely no Vit D deficiency for me.

I am so tired and I eat so well and everything.

Do you know your neck measurement? While not scientific, a male neck larger than 18 inches can be a good indicator of sleep apnea due to the weight of the neck pushing on the airways when the muscles relax.

I just measured and it's 16 inches. There is some hereditary component for apnea in my case though I recently have been told.

whats your stimulant intake been like?
I had this issue after years and years of abusing stimulants.
coffee, energy drinks, preworkouts, all day every day.
I got a few sleep studies done and did get diagnosed with "idiopathic insomnia" which doesnt really tell you much but the time periods in my life where I've been able to clean up my intake my sleep has certainly improved.

I dont buy the sleep apnea hype any more than gluten free diets. I smoke weed my sleep is better. I bulk my sleep is better. I sleep better in certain seasons. There are many factors that affect sleep and tiredness. I believe sleep apnea is something hyped to make $$ for doctors. Eventually everyone on these forums claims they have 2 things

1. Some sort of bowel syndrome
2. Sleep apnea

Some people poop more than others, some people have more energy than others. Not every variance in human behavior indicates some underlying disorder that can be solved by a doctor.

There could be something preventing you from entering the REM cycle, which is what makes you feel refreshed. I've been struggling with sleep even more so over the last 6 months and tried smoking weed a few times before bed. It definitely helped, but I did not feel refreshed. I can't remember if it's the THC or something else, but something in it either reduces or prevents REM. Sure enough most of the potheads I know sleep without any problems and for long periods of time, but complain about being tired all day anyway.

I don't know if you smoke or not. Even if you don't, it might be worth it to look at a possible supplement you're taking and its effect on the REM cycle.

I dont buy the sleep apnea hype any more than gluten free diets. I smoke weed my sleep is better. I bulk my sleep is better. I sleep better in certain seasons. There are many factors that affect sleep and tiredness. I believe sleep apnea is something hyped to make $$ for doctors. Eventually everyone on these forums claims they have 2 things

2. Sleep apnea

Some people poop more than others, some people have more energy than others. Not every variance in human behavior indicates some underlying disorder that can be solved by a doctor.

You sound like you are 20.

Yes, lets throw science and physiology out the window. We all know Broscience explains all.

It could also be plmd which is essentially rls while you sleep. I got dx'ed with mild sleep apnea but it looks like I kept waking up due to my leg shaking.

whats your stimulant intake been like?
I had this issue after years and years of abusing stimulants.
coffee, energy drinks, preworkouts, all day every day.
I got a few sleep studies done and did get diagnosed with "idiopathic insomnia" which doesnt really tell you much but the time periods in my life where I've been able to clean up my intake my sleep has certainly improved.

I am taking a break from stims but I don't think it's that because this feels differently than usual fatigue.

There could be something preventing you from entering the REM cycle, which is what makes you feel refreshed. I've been struggling with sleep even more so over the last 6 months and tried smoking weed a few times before bed. It definitely helped, but I did not feel refreshed. I can't remember if it's the THC or something else, but something in it either reduces or prevents REM. Sure enough most of the potheads I know sleep without any problems and for long periods of time, but complain about being tired all day anyway.

I don't know if you smoke or not. Even if you don't, it might be worth it to look at a possible supplement you're taking and its effect on the REM cycle.

I don't smoke weed, but maybe it's something about REM

You sound like you are 20.

Yes, lets throw science and physiology out the window. We all know Broscience explains all.

If you search Google long enough you can diagnose your self with anything. Do ibs, celiac disease, sleep apnea exist? Yes. Does every "gym bro" who feels bloated, has diarrhea, or feels tired have them? Brodiagnosis is the worst broscience.

2. Sleep apnea

E coli and saccharomyces cerevisiae are pharmaceutical marketing gimmicks for those with T1D, too. Individuals with T1D can sustain a higher quality of life without that bacteria and yeast.

Google told me that invaluable info!

Last edited:
I was an occasional light snorer, and I also have a normal size neck, never woke up with headache and was diagnosed with sleep apnea. My only real symptom was extreme daytime tiredness and waking up cinstantly at night but being able to fall back asleep. Twice a week I would be so tired that my eyes would literally burn and I would rub them/yawn all day. I was never a "napper" and would never fall asleep randomly in the day.

Made my dad get tested and he had around 70 events per hour. This man snored louder than anyone I've ever known but had ZERO lethargy. I guess where I'm going with this is that the symptoms are completely different for everyone.

If you search Google long enough you can diagnose your self with anything. Do ibs, celiac disease, sleep apnea exist? Yes. Does every "gym bro" who feels bloated, has diarrhea, or feels tired have them? Brodiagnosis is the worst broscience.

Yes, a person can talk themselves into thinking they have just about anything. But certain diseases have true markers and measurable indicators that cannot be denied.

Fibromyalgia is one of these diseases that gets tossed around a lot too.

If you don't snore and you are still impaired during the day then yes it could be central sleep apnea where you stop breathing completely with no effort to breath.

There's a handful of other disorders that could be disrupting your sleep like PLMD (Periodic limb movement disorder) and others...

You should have a comprehensive sleep study done where you spend a night in the lab..

OP, do you feel your tiredness is any way related to carb intake?

I was an occasional light snorer, and I also have a normal size neck, never woke up with headache and was diagnosed with sleep apnea. My only real symptom was extreme daytime tiredness and waking up cinstantly at night but being able to fall back asleep. Twice a week I would be so tired that my eyes would literally burn and I would rub them/yawn all day. I was never a "napper" and would never fall asleep randomly in the day.

Made my dad get tested and he had around 70 events per hour. This man snored louder than anyone I've ever known but had ZERO lethargy. I guess where I'm going with this is that the symptoms are completely different for everyone.

Sounds similar to me. I slept 8.5 hours last night and today feel like a complete zombie.

OP, do you feel your tiredness is any way related to carb intake?

No. It has nothing to do with blood sugar.

I have a 19 inch neck and have severe obstructive sleep apnea. I was so tired I literally was falling asleep at my desk at work. Got a CPAP machine and I sleep like a baby. Def get one. You’ll feel like a new man.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity